+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any temporary worker in Quebec, but applying for Express Entry, join here.

Santhu7878

Star Member
Aug 6, 2017
IMO during this crazy times and remote working Job doesn't matter but where you file your taxes matter and your physical address. Not sure how you have been filing taxes past 2 years while working for montreal employer. If it was ontario then EE should be your choice.
I have been filing taxes in ontario and i recently started working for this montreal office from july 2020. If i receive ITA do i need to stop working for montreal employer? Hoping ITA in this coming draw if its CEC.

Lazymon82

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
I have been filing taxes in ontario and i recently started working for this montreal office from july 2020. If i receive ITA do i need to stop working for montreal employer? Hoping ITA in this coming draw if its CEC.
I'm not sure how this works as you must have Quebec work permit to work for Montreal tax filing establishment. Check with your HR how you will be filing taxes this year and based on which work permit you have been offered work for a Montreal based company.

Santhu7878

Star Member
Aug 6, 2017
I'm not sure how this works as you must have Quebec work permit to work for Montreal tax filing establishment. Check with your HR how you will be filing taxes this year and based on which work permit you have been offered work for a Montreal based company.
i finished my studies in ontario and have worked here for 8 months. Later i started working for montreal employer. I have filed for PR in EE. Lets see. Anyways i will keep post my update here

mtlog

Nov 23, 2020
I applied for PR through Quebec (PEQ). I sent in my application to CPC SYDNEY, last year. Can I go and study in another country whilst waiting for my PR? I am planning on doing a language course in Europe for a semester.

erwin2020

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
Hi, i am also in the same boat. I am working for montreal employer (full time job) and working from ontario. I am living in ontario since 2 years and i have my education from ontario. Now planning to apply for EE. Will my job be problem? Do i need to leave my job once i get ITA or can i continue work from ontario without moving to quebec near furture? Please advice
normally you should not have any pb since you are an ontario resident , the issue will happen if you are living in quebec and applying for EE , to avoid any delay or question send max evidence that you are not willling to move to quebec and that youre emplloyeer agrees to work with him from ontario.

sidharcher

Jul 13, 2020
Montreal
Category........
CEC
Hello beautiful people, I'm hoping for an ITA through CEC sooner. My biggest question is what should I do after the ITA, should I quit the job and go to Ontario? (currently on implied status, got contract renewed).

Lazymon82

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Hello beautiful people, I'm hoping for an ITA through CEC sooner. My biggest question is what should I do after the ITA, should I quit the job and go to Ontario? (currently on implied status, got contract renewed).
Not to worry if you have enough points for EE. After ITA you can provide a letter of intention to move out of Quebec. Do not mention your new quebec contract anywhere. Some apllicants on this forum also provided ontario address proof and other forms of ontario residential proofs like phone/credit card receipts along with LOI. Update here once you get an ITA.

Reactions: sidharcher

sidharcher

Jul 13, 2020
Montreal
Category........
CEC
Thanks buddy, yeah hoping for the best. Will update soon
I got an ITA this Friday, I'm going to start job hunt outside Quebec is my plan A. If I get a job offer well and good. And my current status is implied since my Montreal employer renewed my contract and my new work permit is in process.

Lazymon82

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
I got an ITA this Friday, I'm going to start job hunt outside Quebec is my plan A. If I get a job offer well and good. And my current status is implied since my Montreal employer renewed my contract and my new work permit is in process.
Wow! Did you predict the timing?

Congratulations and though moving out of quebec is the best solution you could work it out from here aswell.

sidharcher

Jul 13, 2020
Montreal
Category........
CEC
Wow! Did you predict the timing?

Congratulations and though moving out of quebec is the best solution you could work it out from here aswell.
Thanks man, I'm preparing my application and also in talks with consultant for supporting letter. Would you suggest anything, much appreciated.

hibaa92

Oct 12, 2020
I applied for EE on Nov 7th. I will let you guys know how it goes.
Currently stay and work in Montreal, cannot move out of Quebec since husband is studying here and it will look suspicious for me to rent an apartment in Ontario (doesn't fit into a story and looks fake). In LOI, I said we will move once husband finishes PhD.

Any suggestions on improving application with additional documents are welcome :)

sidharcher

Jul 13, 2020
Montreal
Category........
CEC
I applied for EE on Nov 7th. I will let you guys know how it goes.
Currently stay and work in Montreal, cannot move out of Quebec since husband is studying here and it will look suspicious for me to rent an apartment in Ontario (doesn't fit into a story and looks fake). In LOI, I said we will move once husband finishes PhD.

Any suggestions on improving application with additional documents are welcome :)
Good luck did you get your AOR