+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any temporary worker in Quebec, but applying for Express Entry, join here.

erwin2020

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
I applied for EE on Nov 7th. I will let you guys know how it goes.
Currently stay and work in Montreal, cannot move out of Quebec since husband is studying here and it will look suspicious for me to rent an apartment in Ontario (doesn't fit into a story and looks fake). In LOI, I said we will move once husband finishes PhD.

Any suggestions on improving application with additional documents are welcome :)
dont won't to discourage you but your application will probably be refused . based on what I've read in the forum you should provide solid evidences about your intention to leave quebec . if your husband is still studying in quebec it means for them that you will stay in quebec

hibaa92

Oct 12, 2020
dont won't to discourage you but your application will probably be refused . based on what I've read in the forum you should provide solid evidences about your intention to leave quebec . if your husband is still studying in quebec it means for them that you will stay in quebec
I also got arrima invitation in the august round. But the process is so long lol. The thing is we actually do intend to move out of Quebec, if I go through arrima Ill be stuck in Quebec.

Figued Ill gamble six months and see what happens. Have you come across recent data points of quebec rejection. I saw a lot of people who got rejected used quebec job offer for points.

I could provide a letter that i am allowed WFH permanently, would that help?

Maybe I should do arrima again just in case.

Reactions: sidharcher

vikramv2

Jan 20, 2021
Hi, I need a suggestion :
I currently have ICT (Intra company transfer) Work permit for Quebec location. If I goto Quebec and work for 1 year in Quebec - will I be getting the 50 points for applying through Express entry ?

I have two options :
i. Reach Quebec, start working in Quebec and then during 1 year experience I can goto Ontario and work from different branch by filing amendment & then file EE ?
ii. Reach Quebec, immediately file amendment and shift to Ontario to work in different branch ? and then apply for EE with one year experience in Ontario ?

I am just thinking to spend few months in Quebec because of better cost of living but I don't want to risk ineligible for EE later.

Please let me know what is the best option.

sokke

Jun 11, 2020
Hi, I am on a closed work permit and applied for PR via CEC and have a AOR from October 26.
My closed work permit location is Montreal. I have not claimed points for job offer
I applied for PR from Toronto after moving here
I currently live in Toronto and work from home to Montreal company
I have Ontario Health Card, Ontario Driver License and my wife works in Toronto too.

The biggest question for me now is:

My closed work permit is ending on May 26, 2020.

Can I apply for Bridge Open Work Permit? BOWP
or
Should I extend my work permit with current employer.(They are not ready to give me a extension if the work location has to be Toronto)

Has anyone in similar situation applied for BOWP and got it?

Please advice.
Thanks in advance.

Aman1212

Star Member
May 25, 2020

Mihirakula

Star Member
Jul 26, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Kitchener
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
10-11-2022
My situation is different from most EE applicants here. I am on PGWP, which means I can work full-time anywhere in Canada. I do not have a NOC 0/A/B job and do not need one, as I have enough points for FSW ITA with other qualifications. If I apply under FSW with my foreign work experience, do I still need to prove my intention to leave Quebec? I did file one Quebec tax return during my grad studies in Montreal, but is that a strong enough tie to Quebec? After all, I do not have a job offer here and I am authorized to work anywhere in Canada for the next three years.

In any case, I intend to show a lease agreement in Ontario which I will sign with a friend. Will this suffice?

vikramv2

Jan 20, 2021
I am currently in Quebec and planning to move to Toronto and then apply PR after few months. Will my experience in Quebec count towards 1 year eligibility ? Also can I claim the 50 points ?

Mihirakula

Star Member
Jul 26, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Kitchener
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
10-11-2022
I am currently in Quebec and planning to move to Toronto and then apply PR after few months. Will my experience in Quebec count towards 1 year eligibility ? Also can I claim the 50 points ?
Yes, work experience at an NOC 0/A/B job in Quebec qualifies for CRS points in Express Entry. Since your work experience is in Quebec, you may be required to prove your intention to settle outside Quebec.

Sarvesh Ahuja

Jan 5, 2021
I have same question here!
I'm on closed WP for 2 years in Quebec. But after watching some threads I don't see smooth process for PR in Quebec.
(Of course no one wants to wait approx. 3 more years for PR)
If I stay in Ontario and WFH for my quebec employer then I'll be having Lease/Sublease transfer on my name in Ontario. And if I convince my employer to send me a letter stated he's fine if I WFH.
Would these enough to convince EE VO and apply in Express Entry CEC(with extra 50 points)?

faheemabrar

Jul 6, 2020
Category........
QSW
Hello,

I am at the XEP stage of my Permanent Residence application. I still have not received my AOR. I plan to leave Quebec and settle in Ontario. For this reason, I want to withdraw my PR application in Quebec and apply for Express Entry.

Does anyone have experience cancelling PR application in Quebec and applying for Express Entry? Any suggestion for how to proceed with this? Thanks.

nrmr82

Jan 9, 2018
Longueuil
Category........
QSW
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
July 2020
Doc's Request.
Nov 2020
Can we process both applications same time? Quebec and express entry?

Lazymon82

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Got ITA. Decided to move out of Montreal. Is there anyone here who applied while in montreal and later moved out of the province?

harvijay1001

May 23, 2016
App. Filed.......
27-10-2016
Got ITA. Decided to move out of Montreal. Is there anyone here who applied while in montreal and later moved out of the province?
I moved between the time I got my ITA and the time I submitted the documents for the application