+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any Question on Express Entry---i will try to answer

lulu lemon3

Star Member
Mar 15, 2016
Stanlee said:
1. Yes, you will need a police certificate from Africa if you have stayed in your home country for more than six months (cumulatively) since you turned 18. You can find the process here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp

2. For Canada, you need not submit police certificate as part of your PR application. CIC will request for it, in case they need one.
Thanks @Stanlee you rock!!! ;D Really appreciate it!!

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
ayamach said:
Hi all,
I've lived in France for 25 years, so I'll have to ask for my French Police certificate for my PR application, because I've live more than 6 months there. But if I go back to France (for the holidays, like one week) while my application is in process (after submission), is this going to mess up everything or am I good?

I know I'm allowed to leave Canada during the porcess, but can I go to a country where I lived more than 6 months and for which a police certificate is required??

Thank you!
Post submission of your PR application you can go to France and no police certificate is required then.

jamezmoran

Star Member
Sep 28, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
15-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-11-2016
Med's Done....
16-11-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
Quick question that loads of people have probably asked already, but can you start working in Canada when you're landed in Canada after receiving your CoPR but are still waiting for your PR card?

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
jamezmoran said:
Quick question that loads of people have probably asked already, but can you start working in Canada when you're landed in Canada after receiving your CoPR but are still waiting for your PR card?
Yes, you can

nidakh

Mar 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
10th Jan 2021
AOR Received.
10th March 2021
Interview........
Test Completed: Jun 25th 2021
Hi,

Question 1:
I have a total of 5 years of foreign work experience out of which the first 9 months are in a company for which I do not have employment records as required by CIC. I have proper documentation for the remaining period from my second company. Can I show the first 9 month period of my work experience under my personal history and not under work experience?

Question 2:
I am not getting any CRS points for my spouse's work history. Can I show his work experience under his personal history and not under his work experience to avoid additional documentation?

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nidakh said:
Hi,

Question 1:
I have a total of 5 years of foreign work experience out of which the first 9 months are in a company for which I do not have employment records as required by CIC. I have proper documentation for the remaining period from my second company. Can I show the first 9 month period of my work experience under my personal history and not under work experience?

Question 2:
I am not getting any CRS points for my spouse's work history. Can I show his work experience under his personal history and not under his work experience to avoid additional documentation?
Just answered this in another thread.
Yes, and yes.

nidakh

Mar 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
10th Jan 2021
AOR Received.
10th March 2021
Interview........
Test Completed: Jun 25th 2021
istari said:
Just answered this in another thread.
Yes, and yes.
Thanks istari! Can I make these changes before submitting my ITA even though I had them on my inital EE profile, based on which I recieved ITA?

chakaz

Nov 19, 2013
hello.. i have a question about the "personal activities since 18 years old". My wife has been invited to apply for PR through EE BC pnp.. she has all supporting documents. Our problem now is in my "personal activities since 18 Years old" section as a dependent spouse in her PR Application. In my past work experience, i need to provide employment certificates right but the problem now is one of the company i worked for no longer exist and am getting real hard time locating the owner. So im thinking of just submitting a Letter of explanation, considering its a work experience outside canada, no points derived from it since am just a dependent spouse.. WOULD THIS BE OK? Please help, Thank you very much guys.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nidakh said:
Thanks istari! Can I make these changes before submitting my ITA even though I had them on my inital EE profile, based on which I recieved ITA?
As long as they don't affect your CRS, yes. But you should include an LOE which highlights the fact that your CRS is unaffected.

leegreen

Sep 19, 2016
Hello,

Our EE profile finally went through, whew!

Can anyone tell me how to find uot what our points are? Everyone talks about having 400+ points etc...where do I find that info?

Thanks!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
leegreen said:
Hello,

Our EE profile finally went through, whew!

Can anyone tell me how to find uot what our points are? Everyone talks about having 400+ points etc...where do I find that info?

Thanks!
Your CRS will be calculated and displayed after you submit your EE profile.

Login to your myCIC account, scroll towards the bottom of the page, you'll see your application. Click on "Check Status and Messages". You'll see your points and the split-up there.

messiry

Sep 8, 2015
Guys, if our application crossed six month, does that make us entitled to send a CSE asking for the status ? is it recommended or shall we just wait ?

Ferasz

Nov 11, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 Sep 2015
Doc's Request.
18 Oct 2016
Nomination.....
04 Nov 2016
AOR Received.
06 Dec 2016
Hello
I have questions for the submission of PR application if you can help please.

1. I have new passport in which the old one has all visas on. When uploading the passport, do I scan both old and new passport in one file?
2. My spouse has 2 nationalities, do I scan both of her passports in one file?
3. Where should I upload the birth certificates?
4. Do I attach all my degrees since high school in one file? Including ECA and ILETS?

Thanks!

mira_johnson

Sep 30, 2015
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-2017
LANDED..........
10-2017
Hi:) Thanks for answering our questions!
Im working on my PR application. Cic asks whether or not my spouse will accompany me to Canada. I have a common-law partner and the plan is obviously that he will, but through sponsorship, and not as a combined application.
I therefore guess that the answer to this question is no, but can you please confirm this with me???