istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
electromecca said:
Hi there,

I'm 31, according to CRS my score minus LMIA job is 338. Once the new rules are introduced I will get extra 50 points instead of 600, added to my profile.

I was really counting a lot on the extra 600 points. Since I work in IT, tracked education isn't as important as work experience and certifications (hence low score).

I don't want to do any wizardry here, but what you guys think about minimum score required to get ITA? I've found an employer that already started process for lmia, but I don't want to give them any false hopes.

I've got mixed feelings that my score will be too low to get an invitation?
Any thoughts?
At the moment, the score required to get ITA is 470+.

Even with the additional 50 points bringing your CRS to 388, you won't receive an ITA, because the cutoff will definitely not drop that low any time soon.
Sorry.

electromecca

Nov 16, 2016
istari said:
At the moment, the score required to get ITA is 470+.

Even with the additional 50 points bringing your CRS to 388, you won't receive an ITA, because the cutoff will definitely not drop that low any time soon.
Sorry.
I read somewhere that 41% of ita's are from lmia approved jobs. That means half of the people will be in the same boat as me. You mention that current min is 470+, does that mean there will be less invitations send in future?

electromecca

Nov 16, 2016
electromecca said:
I read somewhere that 41% of ita's are from lmia approved jobs. That means half of the people will be in the same boat as me. You mention that current min is 470+, does that mean there will be less invitations send in future?
my bad it's over 46% according to cicnews:

"IRCC’s year-end Express Entry report for 2015, released earlier this year, showed that of the 31,063 ITAs issued last year, 14,465 (46.6%) of those were issued to candidates who had a job offer supported by a LMIA. "

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
electromecca said:
No, the number of invitations will not decrease. The CRS cutoff will decrease, but it won't drop low enough for you to get an ITA.

electromecca

Nov 16, 2016
istari said:
No, the number of invitations will not decrease. The CRS cutoff will decrease, but it won't drop low enough for you to get an ITA.
take a look at the distribution of core points in cic website (table:
Express Entry Active Candidates and Invitations Issued as of January 3rd, 2016 by “Core” CRS scores) [sorry can't post links here]

A lot of applicants core points are between 200-350 range.

As I said I don't want to do any wizardry here, but I think the minimum will drop below 400 mark.

btw thanks for your input istari, do you have any data/articles to backup your opinion?

SUPERMOON

Nov 16, 2016
It would be great help if somebody explains me how to correctly read my WES ECA reort;

My degree DOCTOR OF PHYSIOTHERAPY is equivalent to FIRST PROFESSIONAL DEGREE according to WES.

CIC does not consider Physiotherapy education as Professional. They consider professional degrees only in medicine, dentistry, chiropractics, pharmacy, optometry and podiatry (I wish I am wrong).

In express entry profile should I mention my degree as BACHELORS, MASTER or PROFESSIONAL-ENTRY TO PRACTICE?

I am waiting for guidance before submitting my EE profile. Seniors please help.

Thanx

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
electromecca said:
Express Entry Active Candidates and Invitations Issued as of January 3rd, 2016 by “Core” CRS scores) [sorry can't post links here]

As I said I don't want to do any wizardry here, but I think the minimum will drop below 400 mark.

btw thanks for your input istari, do you have any data/articles to backup your opinion?
Okay, even if we assume there are lot of applicants in that range, it doesn't necessarily mean IRCC is going to invite them. You have to look at the trend. I too was once hoping the CRS to drop below 450 except that it never did. Take any draw from Jan 2015 till date. Has the score gone below 450? Nope. Also, the EE pool is getting extremely competitive - in the last draw, the lowest cutoff was 470 and there were 2400 + people with 470 + score. It is going to get more competitive, IMO.

You can check the below post (I posted this earlier today) -

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/ee-applicants-with-score-400-to-450-lets-connect-here-t287701.0.html;msg5583961#msg5583961

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
electromecca said:

With all due respect, I think you're wrong. According to that table, 13,537 people have a CRS in the 400-449 range. (These are people who do not have LMIAs, so will not be affected by the rule change in that way).
So in order for the CRS cutoff to drop below 400, CIC would need to issue 16,000+ invitations in a single round. The usual number of invitations issued is generally in the 700-2000 range. That means they would need to issue more than 8x the usual number of invitations in a single round. That's not going to happen.

electromecca

Nov 16, 2016
istari said:
With all due respect, I think you're wrong. According to that table, 13,537 people have a CRS in the 400-449 range. (These are people who do not have LMIAs, so will not be affected by the rule change in that way).
So in order for the CRS cutoff to drop below 400, CIC would need to issue 16,000+ invitations in a single round. The usual number of invitations issued is generally in the 700-2000 range. That means they would need to issue more than 8x the usual number of invitations in a single round. That's not going to happen.
no offence taken dude. After all we are all speculating here, but I think your calculations are bit off. Why you say there would need to be over 16k invitations in a single round? In 400-449 range there's about 13k candidates, but you are looking only at this number, which will be cleared within next few rounds. Those numbers with over 600+ points will drop because off lmia changes (approx 9k invitations).
If we go by what you say you should split those 13k candidates throughout the year (for ease of calculation let say approx 1100 candidates per month = 13300 plus candidates with pnp let say half the number which is over optimistic anyways 4500 that gives us about 18000 per year). That's nowhere near last report: 31,063 (based on table Express Entry Active Candidates and Invitations Issued as of January 3rd, 2016 by total CRS scores.)

anyways I guess we will see what happens within next few rounds (hopefully you're wrong :p)

@istari: Just a note take a look at the article in a link below:
http://www. cicdaily.com /express-entry-scores-to-drop-in-2016/

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
electromecca said:
no offence taken dude. After all we are all speculating here, but I think your calculations are bit off. Why you say there would need to be over 16k invitations in a single round? In 400-449 range there's about 13k candidates, but you are looking only at this number, which will be cleared within next few rounds. Those numbers with over 600+ points will drop because off lmia changes (approx 9k invitations).
If we go by what you say you should split those 13k candidates throughout the year (for ease of calculation let say approx 1100 candidates per month = 13300 plus candidates with pnp let say half the number which is over optimistic anyways 4500 that gives us about 18000 per year). That's nowhere near last report: 31,063 (based on table Express Entry Active Candidates and Invitations Issued as of January 3rd, 2016 by total CRS scores.)

anyways I guess we will see what happens within next few rounds (hopefully you're wrong :p)

@istari: Just a note take a look at the article in a link below:
http://www. cicdaily.com /express-entry-scores-to-drop-in-2016/
I've seen the article before. But September and October have been and gone, and still no change. But we'll see.

US1876

Mar 12, 2016
Two questions:

1. I have all three of my reference letters, but one of them only gives the month/year of my employment (August 2014-November 2015) instead of an exact date. Is this going to be an issue?

2. I know they are very strict about gaps, and also about work experience, education, etc synching up well ( it is nice that they auto-fill your work/education experience from those sections) when filling out the much dreaded personal history section. My question is this-do we use ranges for everything, or does every month just have to be accounted for?

For example, I worked for one company from August 2014 - November 2015, was unemployed for December of 2015, and got a new job the first week of January 2016. Do they want it accounted for like this:

2014/8 - 2015/11 Employed by Co. A
2015/12 - 2015/12 Unemployed
2016/1 - Present Employed by Co. B

In which each month is accounted for. Or is it supposed to be like this, in which everything is in ranges:

2014/8 - 2015/11 Employed by Co. A
2015/11 - 2016/1 Unemployed
2016/1 - Present Employed by Co. B

Thanks in advance for the help. The minutiae inherent in these applications are enough to drive a person completely batty!

yash7778

Jan 7, 2014
RE: Does WES consider MBA(2y) in Distance from IMT Ghaziabad

Greetings All,

Could someone help me with a few doubts -

1) IMPORTANT!! Is MBA from IMT CDL (Centre for Distance Learning) Ghaziabad qualified by WEC?
- ANYONE from IMT who has tried his luck?

2) IF NOT - Could you please suggest some Post Graduate Diploma - 1 year which is
most likely to be considered by WEC?
All suggestions are welcome please!!

3) LASTLY! - Is it legal to pursue/register for PG DIPLOMA (which you guys suggest in point 2) while already being in the 2nd year of my MBA (I have completed 1 year of my 2 yrs course) INCASE IF MY MBA HAPPENS TO BE NOT APPROVED BY WEC

FYI: I have 1 yr work ex in India which will be 2 yrs by the time my MBA ends in 2017 Dec.

Any other suggestions advice is welcome as well!!
Thank you!
Yash

*fingers crossed for these queries to be answered*

JattTinka

Aug 26, 2016
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Hi senior members,
I have an electrical engineering technology advanced diploma with co-op. The original program includes 6 semesters and 4 - four month co-ops. I have a bachelors from home country so I got direct admission into 4th semester and I finished 3 semesters (4,5,6) and a few mandatory courses from first three semesters and did 3 co-ops. The diploma certificate I received states - 'Electrical Engineering Technology Advanced Diploma with co-op'. I started in Jan 2013 and finished in April 2015.
My question is, Would this be considered as a 3 year diploma or 2 year?

ayamach

Star Member
Apr 11, 2015
Hi all,
I've lived in France for 25 years, so I'll have to ask for my French Police certificate for my PR application, because I've live more than 6 months there. But if I go back to France (for the holidays, like one week) while my application is in process (after submission), is this going to mess up everything or am I good?

I know I'm allowed to leave Canada during the porcess, but can I go to a country where I lived more than 6 months and for which a police certificate is required??

Thank you!

kanika786

Feb 13, 2015
New to this forum

Below is my timeline:

Program: PNP-Inland CEC
ITA: July 20, 2016
AOR: August 01, 2016
Medicals Passed: August 15,New to this forum

Below is my timeline:

Program: PNP-Inland cec
ITA: July 19, 2016
AOR: August 01, 2016
Medicals Passed: August 15, 2016
BG Status: In Progress August 26, 2016 (First Time)
BG Status: Not needed at this time September 12, 2016
BG Status: In Progress November 04, 2016 (Second Time)
PPR : waiting