Any Question on Express Entry---i will try to answer

ashpkgo70

Star Member
Oct 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ferasz said:
Hi
What happens if at the time of uploading documents the ILETS was still valid, but at the time of assessment it would have expired? For example, I took my ILETS in May 2015, which makes it valid till May 2017. If I upload my documents in December, the results are still valid. If the assessment extends to beyond May 2017, what will happen? any risk of rejection, or will officer consider the validity as per the date submitted?

Same thing applied on police clearance.

Thanks for the help.
If the documents are valid at the time of submitting ITA that is when you have received AOR, the documents are valid throughout your application process.

Imranyasin

Jul 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is IELTS compulsory for your Spouse even if He/She is NOT accompanying you to Canada ?

7 (1) Paragraph 18(2)(b) of the Instructions is replaced by the following:

(b) the foreign national must provide, with respect to their spouse or common-law partner’s first official language, the results of a language test that is approved under subsection 74(3) of the Regulations and provided by an institution or organization designated under that subsection.

Ferasz

Nov 11, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 Sep 2015
Doc's Request.
18 Oct 2016
Nomination.....
04 Nov 2016
AOR Received.
06 Dec 2016
ashpkgo70 said:
If the documents are valid at the time of submitting ITA that is when you have received AOR, the documents are valid throughout your application process.
Thank you for the information. does it take long time to receive AOR from the time of submitting the documents, as the application will go for completion assessment before the case assessment?

ashpkgo70

Star Member
Oct 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You will receive your AOR when you submit your ITA application after you have successfully paid the fees.

leegreen

Sep 19, 2016
OK, Spouse Work experience question...

On out EE application how important is spouses work history? My spouse has worked as a library assistant for the past 5 years, part-time at the same place, but took a year off in there to have a baby.
I am confused since this isn't "continuous" but it is the same job at the same library...Don't want to mess anything up though!

Thanks~

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
leegreen said:
OK, Spouse Work experience question...

On out EE application how important is spouses work history? My spouse has worked as a library assistant for the past 5 years, part-time at the same place, but took a year off in there to have a baby.
I am confused since this isn't "continuous" but it is the same job at the same library...Don't want to mess anything up though!

Thanks~
Was the work experience in Canada ? If not, don't list it; you won't get any points for it.

GOCANADA92

Star Member
Oct 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys

Me and my wife did the medical.. now I found that her passport expire in 4 months.

can I change her passport later after submitting her medical and PCC based on the old one?Huh

leegreen

Sep 19, 2016
istari said:
Was the work experience in Canada ? If not, don't list it; you won't get any points for it.

No, the work experience was not in Canada. So my spouses work experience doesn't go anywhere on EE? I thought it might help somewhere...

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
leegreen said:
No, the work experience was not in Canada. So my spouses work experience doesn't go anywhere on EE? I thought it might help somewhere...
It goes in the "personal history" section once you receive your ITA.

Her foreign work experience does not add any value to your application.

Cheers ;)

aaruhani

Star Member
Jan 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys. I have got my PR a couple of months ago and did my landing in may and then came back to my home country in a week. My PR card were mailed to the address provided (family member) and my family member brought it to my home country in-person (so nice of him to do that). Now I am confused if I can travel using the PR card or using COPR (I am in US so can travel by land as well)? If I travel using PR card and if the immigration officer cross verify the dates on my passport then wouldn't they question me on how I got my PR card while I was outside canada? Has anyone done something similar? Please advise.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aaruhani said:
Hi Guys. I have got my PR a couple of months ago and did my landing in may and then came back to my home country in a week. My PR card were mailed to the address provided (family member) and my family member brought it to my home country in-person (so nice of him to do that). Now I am confused if I can travel using the PR card or using COPR (I am in US so can travel by land as well)? If I travel using PR card and if the immigration officer cross verify the dates on my passport then wouldn't they question me on how I got my PR card while I was outside canada? Has anyone done something similar? Please advise.
I'm sure you asked this question already? I'm pretty sure someone answer it already.

Cheers ;)

aaruhani

Star Member
Jan 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DelPiero07 said:
I'm sure you asked this question already? I'm pretty sure someone answer it already.

Cheers ;)
Yes. Just trying to get as many responses as possible from different sources. Want to be sure before making any decisions.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aaruhani said:
Yes. Just trying to get as many responses as possible from different sources. Want to be sure before making any decisions.
Here is your answer: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/travel-without-pr-card-t99981.0.html

Cheers and +1 me ;)

sunghyun

Apr 20, 2016
briandg said:
If you have any question....i will try to answer all your questions....

Hi,

I heard that new immigration (Express Entry) rule is coming soon.
Do you know when about this new rule will be applied?
Because my freind got her LMIA last month (only valid until December) and only need IELTS exam to go on pool.
She still hope LMIA points 600 points until end of December. (Not new rule, 50 points)

Please give me your opinion.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sunghyun said:
Hi,

I heard that new immigration (Express Entry) rule is coming soon.
Do you know when about this new rule will be applied?
Because my freind got her LMIA last month (only valid until December) and only need IELTS exam to go on pool.
She still hope LMIA points 600 points until end of December. (Not new rule, 50 points)

Please give me your opinion.
I believe the new system goes into effect on November 19. So unless your friend applies in the next 5 days, she will receive 50 points, not 600.