Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
allly081 said:
Hi all,
Please help me clarify. I have acca certification assessed by Wes as canadian degree equivalent. The report list my status as acca affiliate. However as was recently awarded membership so my official cert from acca will say member not affiliate. Will I need to have the report from wes upgraded to say member?
Next thing. I am currently doing the canadian tax and law course to gain membership to cga thru mutual recogition with acca. How will I show that on my profile?
Can someone please help me with this query

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
allly081 said:
Hi all,
Please help me clarify. I have acca certification assessed by Wes as canadian degree equivalent. The report list my status as acca affiliate. However as was recently awarded membership so my official cert from acca will say member not affiliate. Will I need to have the report from wes upgraded to say member?

Will doing that add CRS points? If yes, worth getting involved with WES again. If not, the difference can be treated as a mere technicality and it can be highlighted using a Letter of Explanation while submitting documents post ITA.

Next thing. I am currently doing the canadian tax and law course to gain membership to cga thru mutual recogition with acca. How will I show that on my profile?

Will this add any points to your CRS? If yes, worth worrying about how best to get those extra points. If no, don't bother mentioning it in your profile as CIC won't care.

allly081

Jan 8, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
Currently both acca affiliate and members are assessed as equivalent to a canadian bachelors as the difference in both statuses is the professional experience required to obtain membership. Wes does not assess professional experience hence both statuses treated as same. I was just Concerned because I wouldnt want to submit documents that show differing status but I wouldnt want to pay wes to make the change knowing it wont improve my points.

Thanks for your response.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
allly081 said:
Currently both acca affiliate and members are assessed as equivalent to a canadian bachelors as the difference in both statuses is the professional experience required to obtain membership. Wes does not assess professional experience hence both statuses treated as same. I was just Concerned because I wouldnt want to submit documents that show differing status but I wouldnt want to pay wes to make the change knowing it wont improve my points.

Thanks for your response.
So it is indeed a technicality. Take the LOE route to explain the discrepancy.

All the best!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Feranmi said:
hello. please can u help with the correct NOC for MARKETING JOB IN THE BANK. Its quite confusing.tnx
If you sell stuff like loans, deposits, investments to the customers of a bank, use NOC B 6235 http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/Profile.aspx?val=6&val1=6235

If you are involved in creating, coordinating and executing marketing activities for a bank, use NOC A 1123 http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/Profile.aspx?val=1&val1=1123

Choose the NOC whose Main Duties closely resemble your roles and responsibilities at the bank.

All the best!

coolrc_04

Star Member
Jun 18, 2015
Hello,

I am an international student with a full time job offer. My employer has applied LMIA for the position I am currently hired for. I have been working since 2 months now.

Please may I know if I am eligible to receive 600 points for LMIA supported job offer? Will I need to work full year to apply under express entry?

Thanks.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
deepgill said:
Dear Asivad Anac,

Hope you are doing well. I have few more confusions If you don't mind clearing them.

1) The letter I have with HCL is dated April 2012. Will this work or do I need recent dated letter.

As I asked you previously, the language on my HCL experience letter is "This is to certify that XXXXXX was engaged by us fulltime on retainership basis as a Programmer in the field of software support from XXX to XXXX". I am sort of confused whether this language on letter makes it look like a contracting job. I worked fulltime with them more than 40 hours per week and received salary from them every month.

As advised by you I have already started to get new experience letter with number of hours worked and my salary added in it. In case, if I would not get new letter from them, will old letter mentioning Fulltime be ok?

As it was my first job, so I used to get salary on lower side but on par with India market at that time, I think salary would not impact my experience anyway? I don't have pay slips but I do have my bank statement showing my most of the salary for the period I worked with them. I think it will be ok?

The letter date and salary figure are not of concern. But the language (retainership) does seem odd for regular employment. Even that doesn't matter if working hours/week is provided in the letter to prove that it was a full-time job. CIC doesn't care if you worked on the payrolls of HCL or on the payrolls of a contractor provided you worked at least 30 hours/week. Getting the working hours/week is crucial only because that word 'retainership' has various connotations. You don't have to show pay slips as evidence if the letter can be revised. Else, you might have to argue, based on whatever evidence you have, that your job involved working at least 30 hours.week.

2) My experience letter from Accenture was also dated April 2012 and has following language "XXXXXX was employed with Accenture from XXXX to XXXX. At the time of leaving her position was of Programmer. My only concern is my position of Programmer at the time of leaving. They don't write that I worked as programmer with them for whole of the employment. I have got most of the pay slips for Accenture and bank statement as well for pay. I have already asked them to issue me a new letter by adding number of hours per week and salary as per their records.

I got an offer letter on e-mail. It contains my pay and number of hours I am going to work with them which is 37.5 hours per week. It also contains information that I was being offered position of Associate Software Engineer but internally I performed duties of Software testing. I think job titles does not matter much anyway, job duties matter most. Do you think printouts of this offer letter will be any good?

Email printouts don't carry signatures so their authenticity will be a concern. You are right in not worrying about job title, the duties are more important. This letter won't be of use until you get it notarized.

Thanks a lot once again for your help. Sorry for the long message and I hope you don't mind me asking too many questions.

Thanks and Regards.

alessandroV

Nov 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-08-2015
AOR Received.
04-08-2015
Med's Done....
05-08-2015
Hi Asivad Anac,

Do you know how CIC manage a new born during the PR application. I have got an ITA and i'm still collecting docs. But last week, the day before meds, my wife discovered to be pregnant of our third kid :) and refused to undergo to x-ray, so her upfront is "on hold" until she will not have her chest x-ray. we are considering to take it anyway and let the application run, but what will happen if they will give us PR visa before she give birth ????? And if she will give birth before their decision, will I be allowed to add my new born in the application without problems or delays????

thanks a lot to anyone who could give me suggestions.

kunal81

Jul 7, 2015
Hi .. I am new to this forum guys .. Wanted some help in my ECA interpretation. I have already completed my Wes ECA but the summary is Canadian Bachelors ( 4 years ).

However my Bachelors degree ( B.SC) has been evaluated as Canadian Bachelors - 3 years and my Masters degree ( M.SC ) as Canadian Bachelors - 4 years .The M.SC degree has been assessed " in conjunction with my Bachelors degree"

So am I eligible to get 21 or 22 points for my education under the FSW programme

darklord

Oct 12, 2014
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
N/A-EE
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2015 (SINP); 04-12-2015 (CIC)
Nomination.....
05-10-2015
AOR Received.
04-12-2015
IELTS Request
Uploaded to SINP Online
Med's Request
Not Applicable - Upfront for EE
Med's Done....
Upfront medicals
alessandroV said:
Hi Asivad Anac,

Do you know how CIC manage a new born during the PR application. I have got an ITA and i'm still collecting docs. But last week, the day before meds, my wife discovered to be pregnant of our third kid :) and refused to undergo to x-ray, so her upfront is "on hold" until she will not have her chest x-ray. we are considering to take it anyway and let the application run, but what will happen if they will give us PR visa before she give birth ????? And if she will give birth before their decision, will I be allowed to add my new born in the application without problems or delays????

thanks a lot to anyone who could give me suggestions.
if you will have a baby, you can add him/her to the application later and he will get PR. There are no issues or problems.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kunal81 said:
Hi .. I am new to this forum guys .. Wanted some help in my ECA interpretation. I have already completed my Wes ECA but the summary is Canadian Bachelors ( 4 years ).

However my Bachelors degree ( B.SC) has been evaluated as Canadian Bachelors - 3 years and my Masters degree ( M.SC ) as Canadian Bachelors - 4 years .The M.SC degree has been assessed " in conjunction with my Bachelors degree"

So am I eligible to get 21 or 22 points for my education under the FSW programme
You'll get 21 points for this.

irina123

Dec 11, 2014
Hi all,

I am a former FSW applicant for 1123 and got my package back in early May, stating that the NOC was capped. Finally got to filling out the Express Entry profile and found out that a guidance needed to complete some fields.
1. Is there any classification for disciplines? For example my field of study is Psychology and my spouse's is Radiophysics. Where do they fit? Applied Science?
2. For education, there is no option "vocational". What can I choose "part time" or "full time" study?
3. As to my husband's education, he has 5 years of University education, yet at that time there was no Master's or Bachelor's degrees. Yet 5 year education is equivalent to full graduate course. Can I put Master's without ECA?
4. What are the chances of selecting "All provinces" for the intended location? Or it is better to mention certain province?
5. When filling out the Work History form, do you list all the jobs you ever had or just the mentioned NOC-related?

I really appreciate the time and effort spent on your kind feedback!

kendi

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
Davao City/Makati City
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Waiting for docs thru snail mail
Nomination.....
App returned due to cap fill. Going to try express entry.
LANDED..........
[IMG]http://www.animatedgif.net/flags/flagscan/canada_gl_e0.gif[/img]
Hi there!

May I ask how the job bank works? And do you know anyone who got an offer from the job bank?