+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any Married Person Applied Alone & Got ITA and PR?

Nikedev

Star Member
Jul 14, 2014
Hello Experts,

I am married and CRS is low, so wanted to increase the CRS.
Let me know if anyone applied for EE without spouse and got successful PR?

Please share your experience and advise

Thanks

andy_2016

Star Member
Jun 24, 2016
Hello Friends

I need an opinion here, I want to apply under CEC in EE, My Wife and kid are with me in Canada. I am on PSWP and my wife is on open work permit dependent on me.

My wife is 6 weeks pregnant and cannot go through all the Medical test(X-ray Chest). Can the seniors on the group please suggest me if it is possible for me to apply for PR as Wife not accompanying me with the reason that she is pregnant and we will apply for her PR after the baby is delivered.

Somiltaneja

Mar 21, 2018
Hi,

My wife got her PR card a few months ago. I am now applying independently using express entry through CEC.

How should I answer this question?

"will your spouse accompany you when you come to Canada"

Currently, I answered NO as I thought she is already in Canada as a PR. Is this answer okay?

I have received an invitation today under CEC, should I accept it?

Wishcan

Jun 15, 2019
I have a similar case and I have not read anywhere that rejection is high for married person applying alone. If you have a valid reason then there should not be any issue. BTW i got the ITA and in process of arranging docs.
Its urgent.Though I have filed for my husband too but now he doesnt want to come for some reason.I have got ITA Waiting for ppr.i am primary app.So is there a prob is I and my children land alone.Ha may or may not come afterwards.If he doesnt come then will my pr be revoked?

Diana96

Star Member
May 5, 2018
Hello Friends
Me and my husband received our AINP in April. We’re planning to file our Federal application. But my husband got a driving ticket which is showing on his criminal record. Hence his PCC is not clear. It might take couple of months to have it all clean.
Does anyone know if I’m eligible to file my application all by myself without including his name??
If someone can please help!!!!

Jul 9, 2019
Hello Friends
Me and my husband received our AINP in April. We’re planning to file our Federal application. But my husband got a driving ticket which is showing on his criminal record. Hence his PCC is not clear. It might take couple of months to have it all clean.
Does anyone know if I’m eligible to file my application all by myself without including his name??
If someone can please help!!!!
I have similar issue... any leads would help alot..

Apr 17, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
IELTS Request
CLB 10
Hello all,
I am facing following situation

If I apply as Married I get 455 points

If I apply as Married but spouse not accompanying I get 463 points

Seeing the current CRS cut off I am inclined to go with second option of application, I have following questions

1) If I get ITA for single profile(463) what difficulties I will face to explain why I am applying as married and not bringing my spouse to Canada (don't have kids yet). What kind of documentations ? or anything else that will be required

2) Once I complete my landing on the basis of single application, how much time will it take for my wife to complete the visa process and land in Canada?

All answers and suggestions welcome! thanks.

Karthisubburaj

Star Member
Jan 31, 2018
I am married and we recently had a kid. He is now 9 months old. I applied alone and marked my spouse and kid as non accompanying. While submitting the application, I was asked for the reason why my family is not accompanying me to Canada. I clearly stated that my kid is only 9 months old and he could find it quite difficult to get acclimatised to a new place at such a young age. I got my PR visa last week and planning to land during August or September.

Please note that even though your family is not accompanying you, they still need to undergo medicals and you still need to submit the PCC for all the adults. So I would personally advise you to include the family unless you have a strong enough reason like in my case. Again the decision to include or not will not, in any way, impact your application.

The CRS score anyways has dropped to 415 in the last draw. :) So think about it and decide.
Hi,

I did the same applying without spouse, I currently live outside of canada. Now I want to go to Canada with my spouse are there any option available?
Did you take your spouse to Canada? How long did it took for sponsorship?

Karthisubburaj

Star Member
Jan 31, 2018
So, do I have to wait an entire year to sponsor my husband to join me in Canada? Or can I start the process as soon as i reach Canada? Can someone explain the process?
The situation is :
We are currently in India.
I am main applicant
My husband co-applicant was non accompanying at the time i received my ITA due to personal reasons that was in Sep18
I received my COPR a few days back and am planning to go to Canada by June end
Now in a few months my hubby will be able to travel to Canada too but since he was non accompanying he hasn't got visa along with me.
Now what are my options to get him to Canads at the earliest possible? And what is the procedure for each of the options?
Sorry for such an elaborate questionnaire but I am really a bit of a
Hi, I am also in the same situation. Can you please let me know if there are any options available?

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019

Aryan2209

Sep 23, 2019
I have a unique situation and would appreciate if anyone can guide.
I am in Canada under PGWP. My wife is in Canada under open work permit. If I add my spouse in my EE profile (I am CEC applicant ), my CRS score goes down. But if I do not then the score is high and I might get ITA.
Can I make my spouse non accompanying even if she is in Canada? My plan to sponsor her later once I get my PR.
Thanks in Advance.[/QUOTE

Hi I am
In a similar situation now. How did it go with you?

Aryan2209

Sep 23, 2019
Hi,

My wife got her PR card a few months ago. I am now applying independently using express entry through CEC.

How should I answer this question?

"will your spouse accompany you when you come to Canada"

Currently, I answered NO as I thought she is already in Canada as a PR. Is this answer okay?

I have received an invitation today under CEC, should I accept it?
Hi... just want to if your wife mentioned you as non accompanying during her PR application? If so what reasons did she give ? It seems like you were in canada while she applied for pr.

sharelp

Star Member
Mar 17, 2018
Hi Friends,

Can I know, if any married person applied alone (Spouse not accompanying) and got ITA and PR. I read somewhere, CIC has strong reasons to reject such application though I am sceptical about it.
I had applied without my spouse and kid and got PR recently. however, it took longer than usual time to get it.

Reactions: tar86

Whatever2019

Sep 27, 2019
I have started arranging my docs, now I have following queries:
a) Can I go alone?
b) What should be the process, will I be able to go alone or do I have to wait for Legal Separation and Divorce to be finished.
c) If I can go alone, Do I need his documents as well i.e. Medical and PCC
d) Will my file get delayed because of this?

Answers :

a) If you are a primary applicant, you can get PPR and go to Canada alone. (Extra paper work required)
You also need to re-calculate your EE score, sometimes principle applicant has more score with accompanying spouse than not accompanying spouse. Whatever the case, re-calculate your point to make sure that you still have points equal to/more than the cut-off score(415, ITA cut-off score on 19th April, 2017).

b) Since you have got an ITA already, you have to submit eAPR within 90 days. You don't have enough time to get Divorce. Even if it is a mutual consent divorce, it takes about 6 months in India.

c) Yes, Since you are legally married for now, You are required to provide Medical and security check/PCC for not accompanying spouse too. If your spouse is willing to co-operate, you will not have any problem acquiring Medica and PCC for him. But If you are in process of getting a divorce and you have the paper work to prove that, You may not need Medical and PCC for your spouse.

d) Yes, You application will fall under special case which will require a bit more time for background check. It will take (visa officer) a month or two longer than usual to make decision for your application.

------------- Summary -----------
Yes, you can go to Canada alone.

Either
You have to provide Medical Exam and PCC for your spouse if he is willing to co-operate,

OR
1. You have to provide LEGAL PAPER WORK proving you are in the process of getting a divorce.
2. Notarized statement from legal authority attesting to the fact that you are legally separated.

----------------------------------------------
Just to make it clear, here, people are giving you advise/help about your immigration process and not on a social/relationship issues. In the end, It is your decision to choose between your partner or Canada.
Hello.

My case of EE profile with a spouse is as follows:

ITA draw - Jan 9, 2019, CRS cutoff 449
My CRS score - 459
Application submitted and AoR Feb 28, 2019
Medical passed.
Biometrics completed.
Additional documents - Submitted, Reviewed and now NA status.
All required PCC submitted.
Currently application still in progress.

Now, my personal circumstances have changed and I will have to update my application with “unaccompanying spouse”. My recalculated CRS score is 451. While i understand that I still qualify in my ITA round, how will it affect my application with the above status?

Please help me understand.