+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any Married Person Applied Alone & Got ITA and PR?

tar86

Star Member
Oct 24, 2019
Dubai
I created EE profile last year with spouse as non accompanying because my CRS points were reaching 463 with that. Also, I was hopping to get settles before calling my wife to live with me.

Received invitation for ONIP with this profile (I believe ONIP cutoff for my NOC was 463, so I was kind of last in ONIP and if would have added spouse wouldn't have received it)

This added 600 points in my profile and received ITR in next draw for EE.
In PR application also I mentioned spouse as non accompanying to be in sync.
I submitted all docs and my AOR is Dec 2020. I am still waiting for PR.

Now, I already have job offer from my current employer to transfer to Canada.

Can I add my spouse in my application by raising web form? I see from previous posts that it might trigger recalculation of score but because of PNP my EE score should still be enough. Will they try to also make sure that I would have received ONIP with spouse?

Anyone has tried adding spouse like this after submitting application?
I'm also on the same boat, and considering my non-accompanying spouse to add in PR application, but one of the agents told me that it could further delay my PR process.

Reactions: SunnyBond

SunnyBond

Jun 18, 2021
I'm also on the same boat, and considering my non-accompanying spouse to add in PR application, but one of the agents told me that it could further delay my PR process.
Please inform here whatever info you find, I will do the same. This will help us and others as well.

tar86

Star Member
Oct 24, 2019
Dubai
Please inform here whatever info you find, I will do the same. This will help us and others as well.
I didn't dig too much on this issue, and applied with spouse non-accompanying as per original express entry file details. It's already more than a year and still I'm waiting for PPR because of Covid-19 delays.

• Sad
Reactions: SunnyBond

Swedha

Feb 29, 2020
I didn't dig too much on this issue, and applied with spouse non-accompanying as per original express entry file details. It's already more than a year and still I'm waiting for PPR because of Covid-19 delays.
hello. are you from UAE? what reason did u put for spouse not accompanying?

Ankit1997@

Jul 2, 2022
Hii everyone, me and my wife is here in Canada already. So my question is can I apply alone for express entry because of the CRS points concern?. And can apply for my spouse's PR after I get mine? is it possible?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hii everyone, me and my wife is here in Canada already. So my question is can I apply alone for express entry because of the CRS points concern?. And can apply for my spouse's PR after I get mine? is it possible?
You must include your spouse on the application and state that you are married. You can say unaccompanied and the sponsor once you have PR.

Reactions: Taran D
Jun 22, 2023
I have applied as my spouse and kids non accompanying and received the PR in 4 months. Currently landed in Canada and spousal sponsorship is on the way. Just recently approved as sponsor and medical test etc is being processed for wife and kids. My reason for spouse non accompanying was we have young child and family need to stay back until i settle in the new country. Hope this helps to someone who cannot decide what to do.
Hi, I am in a similar situation. Can you give some idea about how soon can I start proceedings for sponsorship and what are the minimum requirements?

jaseel.av

Feb 22, 2024
Hello,

My case slightly different. I am in Canada on a work permit with wife(on work permit) and daughter(on visitor visa).

Submitted EE profile. CRS dropped when I added spouse.

Can I apply for PR alone being in Canada with them?
Any chances of rejections?
After I get visa, can I apply for dependent PR for them?
If PR process takes time, do I need to send them back to home country if their current visa expires?

Any suggestions please?

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Hello,

My case slightly different. I am in Canada on a work permit with wife(on work permit) and daughter(on visitor visa).

Submitted EE profile. CRS dropped when I added spouse.

Can I apply for PR alone being in Canada with them?
Any chances of rejections?
After I get visa, can I apply for dependent PR for them?
If PR process takes time, do I need to send them back to home country if their current visa expires?

Any suggestions please?
Yes, this plan seems fine and should work out should you get a call.

You just might need to explain in your letter of explanation why the family is not applying with you.