+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE with non accompanying spouse who is already in Canada on SOWP

Anncs

Star Member
Aug 31, 2017
Hi,
i couldn'f find a thread related to this anywhere
My Husband and myself are in Canada. M on PGWP and spouse is on SOWP. While filing EE, my score drops when adding him. Is it possible that i can apply first for CEC EE and then sponsor him?
also what would be a valid reason that i can mention for stating my spouse is not accompanying.
I am worried since he is already in Canada.

I appreciate if anyone could give an advice
Thank You

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Hi,
My Husband and myself are in Canada. M on PGWP and spouse is on SOWP. While filing EE, my score drops when adding him. Is it possible that i can apply first for CEC EE and then sponsor him?
also what would be a valid reason that i can mention for stating my spouse is not accompanying.

Thank You
Let's figure out if it's worth it or the only way. Sponsoring is a longer and possibly annoying process.
How steep is the drop in score?

Anncs

Star Member
Aug 31, 2017
Let's figure out if it's worth it or the only way. Sponsoring is a longer and possibly annoying process.
How steep is the drop in score?
Hi,

With spouse my score is 428 and without its 457.
I cant get his educational credential as his university says they stopped foreign verification process.

jaffaral

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Other
Hi,

With spouse my score is 428 and without its 457.
I cant get his educational credential as his university says they stopped foreign verification process.
Go for option 1. What’s important is to be with your spouse. Apply alone explain y u r applying by yourself, if u can get PR before his Sowp expires apply for sponsorship and this way if he will already be in Canada he can apply for another open permit. Otherwise apply for visitor visa

Anncs

Star Member
Aug 31, 2017
Go for option 1. What’s important is to be with your spouse. Apply alone explain y u r applying by yourself, if u can get PR before his Sowp expires apply for sponsorship and this way if he will already be in Canada he can apply for another open permit. Otherwise apply for visitor visa
Thanks for your reply.
I was just wondering what reason could i say for not adding him in the file since he is already in Canada. I cant blindly say CIC that its because of low crs score ,

jaffaral

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Other
Thanks for your reply.
I was just wondering what reason could i say for not adding him in the file since he is already in Canada. I cant blindly say CIC that its because of low crs score ,
No why not u can’t say. CIC knows that this happens all the time so that’s something I won’t be worried about

mturson

Nov 23, 2018
Hi,

Thank You
I am on the same boat at the time you filed your EE. My wife needs her degree credential assessment - IELTS etc. More points if applied alone.

Could you please share your experience. Were you asked to explain your why your spouse not accompanying even though he is in Canada? Would be of much help to me.

Anncs

Star Member
Aug 31, 2017
I am on the same boat at the time you filed your EE. My wife needs her degree credential assessment - IELTS etc. More points if applied alone.

Could you please share your experience. Were you asked to explain your why your spouse not accompanying even though he is in Canada? Would be of much help to me.
I didnt submit my documents yet. Different immigration lawyers are having different ideas on this making me more confusing.
Anyway i am planning to keep all documents ready and attend ielts once again.
Meanwhile if i get an ideal decision, i will move on with this ITA or will try luck next time

mturson

Nov 23, 2018
I didnt submit my documents yet. Different immigration lawyers are having different ideas on this making me more confusing.
Anyway i am planning to keep all documents ready and attend ielts once again.
Meanwhile if i get an ideal decision, i will move on with this ITA or will try luck next time
I hope for the best outcome for your application. I wish I could provide you with any advice. I will check back with you for advice since I'm on the same exact situation. My wife still hasn't started her credential assessment which takes 20 wks plus and not written E test. So even though she is here in Canada I'm thinking of applying alone because of the points drop.

Anncs

Star Member
Aug 31, 2017
I hope for the best outcome for your application. I wish I could provide you with any advice. I will check back with you for advice since I'm on the same exact situation. My wife still hasn't started her credential assessment which takes 20 wks plus and not written E test. So even though she is here in Canada I'm thinking of applying alone because of the points drop.

I consulted a lawyer. They said don’t proceed with the invitation. Since spouse is already in canada, came as our dependent, if we mention them as non accompanying, cic might question the genuinety of the relationship , causing a 5 year ban..

Reactions: aaron90