+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any Married Person Applied Alone & Got ITA and PR?

Unknown344

Sep 23, 2018
Question:

The brother of my partner is planning to sponsor him to go to Canada. His brother is not a Canadian citizen yet but recently got his permanent residency approved. My partner is separated to his wife. They are married in the Philippines and has one child. They have been separated for almost 6 years. His brother told him that it would be faster and cheaper for them to be annulled in Canada. His brother wanted to get him and his ex wife along with the daughter. Is it true that their marriage will be annulled in Canada even though they got married in the Philippines? Please advise.

sangpll2009

Star Member
Jun 16, 2018
There are other restrictions (your spouse can't travel to Canada while the application is in process etc)
Really? So the spouse cant come visit us on visitor visa when their spousal sponsorship is in process? Would you be able to give me a link with details of the same?

Varunaimar

Jan 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2018
AOR Received.
20-05-2018
IELTS Request
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
20-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2019

aloobharta01

Sep 30, 2018
I am too in a similar boat as most of you all having questions. If I add my wife for accompanying me, the difference of CRS score is only 4 points difference (452 if I add her with some assumed IELTS score; 448 without her). However, the problem is that if I have to add her, she will have to give IELTS and then her Education Evaluation will take forever. My education evaluation is almost done and ready to have a profile. So we are planning to go ahead with my PR process without accompanying spouse, and I will sponsor her when I get my PR.

Now the question part: Is there any time frame that I have to wait after I get my PR and then file an application for Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada (SCLPC) application? Ideally, I would like to submit it immediately after I get my PR and reach Canada so that 12 month processing time starts as soon as possible.

Another one: If I sponsor her SCLPC as outland SCLPC will she be able to come and meet me on her current tourist visa and leave back as she cannot stay for more than six months?

shihabfactory

Oct 3, 2018
I have a unique situation and would appreciate if anyone can guide.
I am in Canada under PGWP. My wife is in Canada under open work permit. If I add my spouse in my EE profile (I am CEC applicant ), my CRS score goes down. But if I do not then the score is high and I might get ITA.
Can I make my spouse non accompanying even if she is in Canada? My plan to sponsor her later once I get my PR.
Thanks in Advance.

shy!

Sep 5, 2018
Thanks for putting this question as a thread! I was having same doubt. My spouse got ITA on 5th April. She has also mentioned that her spouse is not accompanying her to canada. We did it to just increase her CRS. though I have a strong point to not accompanying her.

Let CIC decide our faith! ;D
Hey what was the outcome of your sitiyatio?

Reactions: JackMa

JackMa

Star Member
Aug 2, 2016
I am too in a similar boat as most of you all having questions. If I add my wife for accompanying me, the difference of CRS score is only 4 points difference (452 if I add her with some assumed IELTS score; 448 without her). However, the problem is that if I have to add her, she will have to give IELTS and then her Education Evaluation will take forever. My education evaluation is almost done and ready to have a profile. So we are planning to go ahead with my PR process without accompanying spouse, and I will sponsor her when I get my PR.

Now the question part: Is there any time frame that I have to wait after I get my PR and then file an application for Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada (SCLPC) application? Ideally, I would like to submit it immediately after I get my PR and reach Canada so that 12 month processing time starts as soon as possible.

Another one: If I sponsor her SCLPC as outland SCLPC will she be able to come and meet me on her current tourist visa and leave back as she cannot stay for more than six months?
In my honest opinion , if you got anything more than 440 CRS after putting your spouse as accompanying , make her accompanying . 440+ is a tremendously good score for ITA.

shy!

Sep 5, 2018
She got her PR application approved last year. If anyone have a logical reason for non-accompanying spouse, CIC probably listen him/her.
Thank you for your quick response! I checked your reason in the other thread. What documents did you have to provide to justify your situation.

JackMa

Star Member
Aug 2, 2016
I am in Canada under PGWP. My wife is in Canada under open work permit. If I add my spouse in my EE profile (I am CEC applicant ), my CRS score goes down. But if I do not then the score is high and I might get ITA.
Can I make my spouse non accompanying even if she is in Canada? My plan to sponsor her later once I get my PR.
Thanks in Advance.
not advisable!!

Thrishna

Nov 1, 2018
Thanks in Advance.
I have a similar situation!! We’re you able to figure out the best possible option!?

Anything regarding this would help

Thank you!!

Cn_j

Nov 2, 2018
I am married and we recently had a kid. He is now 9 months old. I applied alone and marked my spouse and kid as non accompanying. While submitting the application, I was asked for the reason why my family is not accompanying me to Canada. I clearly stated that my kid is only 9 months old and he could find it quite difficult to get acclimatised to a new place at such a young age. I got my PR visa last week and planning to land during August or September.

Please note that even though your family is not accompanying you, they still need to undergo medicals and you still need to submit the PCC for all the adults. So I would personally advise you to include the family unless you have a strong enough reason like in my case. Again the decision to include or not will not, in any way, impact your application.

The CRS score anyways has dropped to 415 in the last draw. :) So think about it and decide.
Hi,how much proof if fund is required in such caaea?

Nov 17, 2018
Guys,

I am applying for PR under QSW Program.
Here is the situation:
For, family(Me, My Wife and Daughter) PR I need 59 points, but I got only 58. I could get 64 point but as per new rules, 3 points deducted for my wife because Bachelor of Commerce is no more considered under Area of Training. (1) Is this true?
Also, 3 points deducted as Bachelor of Information Technology Engineering is no more considered under Section Type A(Point 12). So it is down under Section B(Point 9). (2) Is this true?
This way I got struck at 58 point.

However, for single person PR(only me) cut off is 50, and I got 48. But if I add my daughter's 4 point, then I am getting 52 points.
This way I am eligible to go alone with children's point.
But here is the most important question is, (3) can I go alone having children's point? OR If I add children's point, then I must have to accompany the child with me?

I want to go alone first as my daughter is just 4 years old, and want to call my wife and daughter later on as dependent. (4) Is this good idea?

(5) Should I give the IELTS exam again to improve band score to achieve 59 points? (Even if I get the good score, my points will be on border line i.e. 59, however, for non-accompany(with child's point) it is 2 points ahead of cut-off i.e. 52.)

Please answer the above five questions. What should I do?

Thanks.