+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any Married Person Applied Alone & Got ITA and PR?

kishan9879

Dec 4, 2017
Hi, I am married and i have 2 kids. My CRS score is 352. I am not eligible for EE for last crs cut off 447, so I will apply through PNP..My wife do not give IELTS. I scored CLB7...

Does it give any effect to get Nomination in SINP if my wife and my 2 kids accompny with me to canada?
Or, I have to apply myself first then after apply for spousel sponser ???
Is it tuff to become nominated in SINP with whole family??

Please reply soon...

deep143

Star Member
Dec 18, 2017
Hi everyone,
Need advice from you all.
I have recently submitted my e-APR and currently my status is IP1, medical passed. I couldn't submit my canadian citizen spouse's current passport because it wasn't possible as we are not in talking terms.

I have mentioned in LOE that since we aren't legally separated or divorced, I have selected my marrital status as "married". I have also mentioned that I have tried all the possible ways to get in touch with him but he isn't responding. Even though we aren't in touch, i am still hopeful that things might get back well.

I submitted scan of his expired passport with LOE (explaining that I can't provide current passport as we aren't in touch anymore). I have also provided scan of his OCI card for proof of his relatives in Canada (as his parents name was mentioned on his OCI card).

He had sponsered me through spouse PR visa previously which he withdrew later on. I mentioned it in my eAPR and in LOE. Now i have got same UCI number as my previous spouse visa file.

My question is -

1) will above docs and information suffice? What additional documents or information can they ask for?

2) in above situation, at what stage they Will make a decision and check/accept/reject/ask for additional doc? My eligibility checks are going on and background checks are yet to start.

After passing what stage should i feel safe?

3) Anyone in this forum/your know one who was in similar situation and got PR. After passing what stage should i feel safe?

Please help. Thanks in advance.

deep143

Star Member
Dec 18, 2017
Hi Neha,
Did you get your PR. I'm in similar situation. Please revert as I'm very depressed.

Thanks.
Hi,

I am married and just got my ITA on 19 Apr, things are not going nice as he does not want to go to Canada now and we might get legally separated.
I have started arranging my docs, now I have following queries:

a) Can I go alone?
b) What should be the process, will I be able to go alone or do I have to wait for Legal Separation and Divorce to be finished.
c) If I can go alone, Do I need his documents as well i.e. Medical and PCC
d) Will my file get delayed because of this?

Please suggest. Thanks in advance.

deep143

Star Member
Dec 18, 2017
Hi,
Did you get your PR. I'm in similar situation. Please revert as I'm very depressed.

Dear Senior Members of the forum:

This is regarding my Post ITA application. Below is the challenge I have and not really sure of the approach to be successful.

My question is regarding my personal situation. I am married and we have a baby, who is 2.5 years old. Due to the family problems , me and my spouse are living separately from past more than 3 years for now. We are not legally separated, as I personally do hope that with time the situation may change and we may live together. Therefore legally we are still married (to fill under marital status of the express entry online application form) and I filled the same in the marital status , but spouse as non-accompanying.

But I have read on the CIC site and on the forums mentioning that there are mandatory documents which needed to be submitted even for the non-accompanying family members. Since my spouse.would not be cooperative, considering the situation; what can be the best possible way to deal with the same? Is it possible to explain in the Letter of Explaination regarding the situation and apply with the documents of me and baby’s alone? Any suggestions would be really grateful.

Also, how to deal with the baby's application? Would there be expected/unforeseen challenges if I start upload both of our documents, me and baby's.
Which would be the best to select for baby accompanying/non-accompanying. Also, is it possible to check what an applicant filled during creation of express entry profile, for eligibility checking i.e., whether family members accompanying or not information.

Thanks
Bdrm

deep143

Star Member
Dec 18, 2017
Revert please...
Hi everyone,
Need advice from you all.
I have recently submitted my e-APR and currently my status is IP1, medical passed. I couldn't submit my canadian citizen spouse's current passport because it wasn't possible as we are not in talking terms.

I have mentioned in LOE that since we aren't legally separated or divorced, I have selected my marrital status as "married". I have also mentioned that I have tried all the possible ways to get in touch with him but he isn't responding. Even though we aren't in touch, i am still hopeful that things might get back well.

I submitted scan of his expired passport with LOE (explaining that I can't provide current passport as we aren't in touch anymore). I have also provided scan of his OCI card for proof of his relatives in Canada (as his parents name was mentioned on his OCI card).

He had sponsered me through spouse PR visa previously which he withdrew later on. I mentioned it in my eAPR and in LOE. Now i have got same UCI number as my previous spouse visa file.

My question is -

1) will above docs and information suffice? What additional documents or information can they ask for?

2) in above situation, at what stage they Will make a decision and check/accept/reject/ask for additional doc? My eligibility checks are going on and background checks are yet to start.

After passing what stage should i feel safe?

3) Anyone in this forum/your know one who was in similar situation and got PR. After passing what stage should i feel safe?

Please help. Thanks in advance.

Smita11

Star Member
Jul 8, 2018
I have a similar case and I have not read anywhere that rejection is high for married person applying alone. If you have a valid reason then there should not be any issue. BTW i got the ITA and in process of arranging docs.
And how are you going to manage to call spouse in future ?

Smita11

Star Member
Jul 8, 2018
How does the medical and PR process work for a pregnant lady.
Can she write in the application that husband would not accompany ?

dnesh0166

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
With rolling over all past posts, I believe this is the apt group which can respond to my query.

Here is the problem..

As per latest draw concluded on 11.07.2018, CRS cut off happened to be 442. If I apply alone then my CRS score comes out at 446, and 440 if I include my wife. Am completing my 34 years on 12.08.2018 due to which I will be loosing 5 marks next month.

1. Am in dilemma whether to apply alone or with family.

2. If I don't include my family then what could be the repercussions?

3. How difficult is it to sponsor spouse and how much time does it consume?

4. Can I apply for visitor visa for my spouse after I receive ITA so that she can accommpanied me later on?

Please respond to my queries.

TIA

Reactions: MEHUL KUMAR

Manoj Mishra

Apr 5, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hello Friends,

I'm in a similar situation as many of you. My current CRS score with accompanying spouse is coming as 432. If I exclude her from my profile, it goes up to 442. I've read varied responses from many of them but somehow none appeared convincing enough. Accordingly, I'd posted a similar query to a Canada based immigration services firm 'Lawpoint' and here's what he's replied which is NOT encouraging. I'm pasting it below:
"If your spouse is not accompanying, you will not be allowed to sponsor her, or include her ever into any application. It is called misrepresentation."

Upon asking him further to clarify if I can sponsor her later after a year or so once I receive a PR, here's what he responded:
"You will not ever be able to sponsor her"

I'm really very worried now and sceptical if I should go ahead or not.

Please help to dispel my concerns.

Thanks.
Manoj

Smita11

Star Member
Jul 8, 2018
Hello Friends,

I'm in a similar situation as many of you. My current CRS score with accompanying spouse is coming as 432. If I exclude her from my profile, it goes up to 442. I've read varied responses from many of them but somehow none appeared convincing enough. Accordingly, I'd posted a similar query to a Canada based immigration services firm 'Lawpoint' and here's what he's replied which is NOT encouraging. I'm pasting it below:
"If your spouse is not accompanying, you will not be allowed to sponsor her, or include her ever into any application. It is called misrepresentation."

Upon asking him further to clarify if I can sponsor her later after a year or so once I receive a PR, here's what he responded:

Thanks.
Manoj
That’s a weird one. So many people sponser spouse later. Also if she has good enough score her EE score would increase automatically as you are in Canada and have the PR.

Manoj Mishra

Apr 5, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
That’s a weird one. So many people sponser spouse later. Also if she has good enough score her EE score would increase automatically as you are in Canada and have the PR.
No I'm not in Canada at present and do not have PR. I too isn't convinced with his reply however his email has created doubts in my mind. Therefore, request others to put in their thoughts please.

sharelp

Star Member
Mar 17, 2018
Hi, I have a 3 year old kid. My husband has family business to wind up and make arrangements for his aging parents, this will take a year or 2. can i apply PR only for me and my kid and husband as non-accompanying? Also, if I get a PR can I apply for a visitor visa for my spouse so that he can help us settle down and visit us regularly?

TamerM

Jul 24, 2018
Hi All... i have the same situation here.
I am currently finalizing my PR application and i have all the documents ready (In few days i am supposed to submit the application).

I applied without my wife and daughter accompanying me (simply because by doing so my CRS will be much higher with around 17 points vs the option of applying all together). My plan is to go alone for the 1st year, settle down, find a job and later sponsor them.

I am seriously struggling with answering the below application question:
"Why your spouse/daughter will not accompany you?"

have anyone here gone through the same situation? Was anyone successful? and what did he/she do?
Appreciate any help or guidance around the subject as it seems many people here have the same struggle.

Thanks all :)

TamerM

Jul 24, 2018
Hello Friends,

Thanks.
Manoj

Hi Manoj,
Thanks for sharing.

Actually this is a very strong and bold statement. I have heard many other point of views as well that say "It is Ok to do that and many people have done it successfully before"

I think we need to make sure of two separate points:

1-
Will taking this step (of applying without the family) risk your application of being accepted?? (from the feedback you received from the consultant, there is no clear risk mentioned of your application being rejected)

2- Upon successful application and landing, will it be possible to sponsor the family at a later stage?
(The firm's feedback is that it is impossible to do it later on). Let us hear other views here as well from others.

Regards,
Tamer