+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any Married Person Applied Alone & Got ITA and PR?

can_indian

Apr 4, 2017
India
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
2175 / 6311
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
20-06-2017
luckyx27 said:
Thank you very much. Really appreciate the response. One more question if you or anyone can answer. I have total three years of experience. However, 2 years out of that were during my MBA in the UK on student visa. Though it is clearly mentioned on my reference letter that I worked 32 hours per week(Part time is also mentioned). Will that be fine or no?
I believe applicants can not claim points for the work experience they have gained during full time studies.

Check out below thread.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/work-experience-while-studing-t399930.0.html

JackMa

Star Member
Aug 2, 2016
syconetgeek said:
Thanks for answering. Looks many people are on same boat. Finding job and settling is the main thing.
Thanks for putting this question as a thread! I was having same doubt. My spouse got ITA on 5th April. She has also mentioned that her spouse is not accompanying her to canada. We did it to just increase her CRS. though I have a strong point to not accompanying her.

Let CIC decide our faith! ;D

Sudhar25

Star Member
Apr 18, 2017
Thank you guys! Really got relieved after reading your posts.

In continuation with this query, I have one more to get clarified. If at all we get a PNP nomination or a job offer (which boosts your CRS) before ITA, COULD I CHANGE THAT OPTION AS "ACCOMPANYING SPOUSE" ???

can_indian

Apr 4, 2017
India
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
2175 / 6311
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
20-06-2017
Sudhar25 said:
Thank you guys! Really got relieved after reading your posts.

In continuation with this query, I have one more to get clarified. If at all we get a PNP nomination or a job offer (which boosts your CRS) before ITA, COULD I CHANGE THAT OPTION AS "ACCOMPANYING SPOUSE" ???
Yes, you can update your profile before getting an ITA. If you have mentioned your spouse as "not accompanying" because you are not making a ITA cut-off score by accompanying her/him but somehow you have PNP now (which gets you good enough score), you can absolutely make those changes.

Reactions: yamaha.rx135

Sudhar25

Star Member
Apr 18, 2017
Thank u v much for Ur reply. Got cleared. :) +1 for you.
can_indian said:
Yes, you can update your profile before getting an ITA. If you have mentioned your spouse as "not accompanying" because you are not making a ITA cut-off score by accompanying her/him but somehow you have PNP now (which gets you good enough score), you can absolutely make those changes.

syconetgeek

Mar 30, 2015
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
NO
AOR Received.
03-10-2018
VISA ISSUED...
18-05-2019
JackMa said:
Thanks for putting this question as a thread! I was having same doubt. My spouse got ITA on 5th April. She has also mentioned that her spouse is not accompanying her to canada. We did it to just increase her CRS. though I have a strong point to not accompanying her.

Let CIC decide our faith! ;D
Many people here have same doubt and with no clear answer, so thought to start the thread. Hope all will get help from expert advice and from people who have already gone through it.

Reactions: khaira1221

neha986

Dec 26, 2016
India
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
Hi,

I am married and just got my ITA on 19 Apr, things are not going nice as he does not want to go to Canada now and we might get legally separated.
I have started arranging my docs, now I have following queries:

a) Can I go alone?
b) What should be the process, will I be able to go alone or do I have to wait for Legal Separation and Divorce to be finished.
c) If I can go alone, Do I need his documents as well i.e. Medical and PCC
d) Will my file get delayed because of this?

Please suggest. Thanks in advance.

can_indian

Apr 4, 2017
India
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
2175 / 6311
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
20-06-2017
neha986 said:
Hi,

I am married and just got my ITA on 19 Apr, things are not going nice as he does not want to go to Canada now and we might get legally separated.
I have started arranging my docs, now I have following queries:
a) Can I go alone?
b) What should be the process, will I be able to go alone or do I have to wait for Legal Separation and Divorce to be finished.
c) If I can go alone, Do I need his documents as well i.e. Medical and PCC
d) Will my file get delayed because of this?

Answers :

a) If you are a primary applicant, you can get PPR and go to Canada alone. (Extra paper work required)
You also need to re-calculate your EE score, sometimes principle applicant has more score with accompanying spouse than not accompanying spouse. Whatever the case, re-calculate your point to make sure that you still have points equal to/more than the cut-off score(415, ITA cut-off score on 19th April, 2017).

b) Since you have got an ITA already, you have to submit eAPR within 90 days. You don't have enough time to get Divorce. Even if it is a mutual consent divorce, it takes about 6 months in India.

c) Yes, Since you are legally married for now, You are required to provide Medical and security check/PCC for not accompanying spouse too. If your spouse is willing to co-operate, you will not have any problem acquiring Medica and PCC for him. But If you are in process of getting a divorce and you have the paper work to prove that, You may not need Medical and PCC for your spouse.

d) Yes, You application will fall under special case which will require a bit more time for background check. It will take (visa officer) a month or two longer than usual to make decision for your application.

------------- Summary -----------
Yes, you can go to Canada alone.

Either
You have to provide Medical Exam and PCC for your spouse if he is willing to co-operate,

OR
1. You have to provide LEGAL PAPER WORK proving you are in the process of getting a divorce.
2. Notarized statement from legal authority attesting to the fact that you are legally separated.

----------------------------------------------
Just to make it clear, here, people are giving you advise/help about your immigration process and not on a social/relationship issues. In the end, It is your decision to choose between your partner or Canada.

Bdrm

Feb 1, 2017
Dear Senior Members of the forum:

This is regarding my Post ITA application. Below is the challenge I have and not really sure of the approach to be successful.

My question is regarding my personal situation. I am married and we have a baby, who is 2.5 years old. Due to the family problems , me and my spouse are living separately from past more than 3 years for now. We are not legally separated, as I personally do hope that with time the situation may change and we may live together. Therefore legally we are still married (to fill under marital status of the express entry online application form) and I filled the same in the marital status , but spouse as non-accompanying.

But I have read on the CIC site and on the forums mentioning that there are mandatory documents which needed to be submitted even for the non-accompanying family members. Since my spouse.would not be cooperative, considering the situation; what can be the best possible way to deal with the same? Is it possible to explain in the Letter of Explaination regarding the situation and apply with the documents of me and baby’s alone? Any suggestions would be really grateful.

Also, how to deal with the baby's application? Would there be expected/unforeseen challenges if I start upload both of our documents, me and baby's.
Which would be the best to select for baby accompanying/non-accompanying. Also, is it possible to check what an applicant filled during creation of express entry profile, for eligibility checking i.e., whether family members accompanying or not information.

Thanks
Bdrm

Adiele

Mar 23, 2016
I believe that is fine, I did same with my son. He is a Canadian by birth and holds a Canadian passport. Don't worry about it.
There will be a question in one of the forms that asking you a Reason why he is not going to accompany you?
Just let them know that your husband is going to be with you in Canada, you are just not including him in the application process, because he is Canadian citizen.
Thanks. But is it possible to update from "Not Accompaning" to "Accompaning" if one feels conditions are better to come with your spouse?

can_indian

Apr 4, 2017
India
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
2175 / 6311
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
20-06-2017
This is regarding my Post ITA application. Below is the challenge I have and not really sure of the approach to be successful.

My question is regarding my personal situation. I am married and we have a baby, who is 2.5 years old. Due to the family problems , me and my spouse are living separately from past more than 3 years for now. We are not legally separated, as I personally do hope that with time the situation may change and we may live together. Therefore legally we are still married (to fill under marital status of the express entry online application form) and I filled the same in the marital status , but spouse as non-accompanying.

But I have read on the CIC site and on the forums mentioning that there are mandatory documents which needed to be submitted even for the non-accompanying family members. Since my spouse.would not be cooperative, considering the situation; what can be the best possible way to deal with the same? Is it possible to explain in the Letter of Explanation regarding the situation and apply with the documents of me and baby’s alone? Any suggestions would be really grateful.
Just an LOE is not going to cut it.
Either
You have to provide Medical Exam and PCC for your spouse if she is willing to co-operate,

OR
1. You have to provide LEGAL PAPER WORK proving you are in the process of getting a divorce.
2. Notarized statement from legal authority attesting to the fact that you are legally separated.

Also, how to deal with the baby's application? Would there be expected/unforeseen challenges if I start upload both of our documents, me and baby's.
Which would be the best to select for baby accompanying/non-accompanying. Also, is it possible to check what an applicant filled during creation of express entry profile, for eligibility checking i.e., whether family members accompanying or not information.

If your wife is willing to give you full guardianship of your child, you can accompany her. If not, best to say non-accompanying.
No, you can not check unless you have saved it in your computer. It doesn't matter that much, you will be asked again after an ITA.

Thanks
Bdrm

Last edited:
Reactions: yamaha.rx135

priachaurasia

Oct 31, 2017
Hey guys, I am married and my crs score along with the spouse comes out to be 378.

Clb level 7 I scored. We both have 6+ y are of work experience

What can be the next steps please suggest.

I am ok with going there alone and look for a job, later call my husband to join me there

Please suggest solutions. Thank you

Krystine

Dec 12, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
17-05-2018
Med's Done....
23-04-2018
Passport Req..
27-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2018
LANDED..........
14-10-2018
I am not sure if there is more rejection rate to the case for spouse non-accompanying but what I understood from this forum and my agency consultant is that there will be some questions why spouse is not accompanying. If there are good and understandable reason then should be okay. Just needs more time to answer to the questions and more paper-work. But if a person put their spouse for non-accompanying with an aim to just increase their score, then should be a big problem.