+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any Married Person Applied Alone & Got ITA and PR?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am not sure if there is more rejection rate to the case for spouse non-accompanying but what I understood from this forum and my agency consultant is that there will be some questions why spouse is not accompanying. If there are good and understandable reason then should be okay. Just needs more time to answer to the questions and more paper-work. But if a person put their spouse for non-accompanying with an aim to just increase their score, then should be a big problem.
That's incorrect. If your consultant told you this you should be careful with him/her.

Krystine

Dec 12, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
17-05-2018
Med's Done....
23-04-2018
Passport Req..
27-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2018
LANDED..........
14-10-2018
That's incorrect. If your consultant told you this you should be careful with him/her.
What I meant was, let's say, if a person is already living with their spouse in Canada and sponsoring them, they should be going by accompanying with their spouse. They cannot put their spouse as 'non' accompanying when they are actually living with their spouse in Canada. But some people do that in order to increase their score. Please correct me if I have wrong information.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What I meant was, let's say, if a person is already living with their spouse in Canada and sponsoring them, they should be going by accompanying with their spouse. They cannot put their spouse as 'non' accompanying when they are actually living with their spouse in Canada. But some people do that in order to increase their score. Please correct me if I have wrong information.
Although I agree that the applicant shouldn't be able to proceed with non-accompanying in that situation, the reality is that plenty of applicants have managed to go through by doing so.

When the spouse is not living in Canada then the applicant can be as blatant as to say that the spouse is non-accompanying so that his/her CRS is competitive enough for an ITA. No need to have other reason than that.

sweetsalt

Star Member
Jul 22, 2017
Although I agree that the applicant shouldn't be able to proceed with non-accompanying in that situation, the reality is that plenty of applicants have managed to go through by doing so.

When the spouse is not living in Canada then the applicant can be as blatant as to say that the spouse is non-accompanying so that his/her CRS is competitive enough for an ITA. No need to have other reason than that.
rightly said

yamaha.rx135

Oct 5, 2017
India
Yes, you can update your profile before getting an ITA. If you have mentioned your spouse as "not accompanying" because you are not making a ITA cut-off score by accompanying her/him but somehow you have PNP now (which gets you good enough score), you can absolutely make those changes.
@can_indian
I need your help here. Please help me out.!!
I had chosen the option "not accompanying" in EE since my wife's ECA wasn't done (her transcripts were not received). I was also loosing time & score draws when her points were not getting reflected due to no ECA done.
However now that the transcripts have come and I want to apply for ECA with WES for her. I have 2 doubts here:
1. My score without accompanying spouse is 443. If I choose accompanying but ECA not done, the scores drop to 434 (with wife's ECA done it will be 444 anyway). At the moment I think I should go with not accompanying, that way I stand a chance to have ITA with 443 score. Pls suggest!!
2. Will I be able to include my wife even after getting an ITA? (Simultaneously I am working on my wife's ECA) This is because reading all the discussions in various forums, it looks difficult to have sponsorship for her later.
So if I want to change my form as "spouse accompanying" after getting wife's ECA reports AFTER ITA receipt, is it possible?

What do I do? I am stuck.

Gury Singh

Star Member
Feb 11, 2018
Thanks for putting this question as a thread! I was having same doubt. My spouse got ITA on 5th April. She has also mentioned that her spouse is not accompanying her to canada. We did it to just increase her CRS. though I have a strong point to not accompanying her.

Let CIC decide our faith! ;D
Hi...did u get PR?

manjeet15jan

Dec 25, 2017
I am married and we recently had a kid. He is now 9 months old. I applied alone and marked my spouse and kid as non accompanying. While submitting the application, I was asked for the reason why my family is not accompanying me to Canada. I clearly stated that my kid is only 9 months old and he could find it quite difficult to get acclimatised to a new place at such a young age. I got my PR visa last week and planning to land during August or September.

Please note that even though your family is not accompanying you, they still need to undergo medicals and you still need to submit the PCC for all the adults. So I would personally advise you to include the family unless you have a strong enough reason like in my case. Again the decision to include or not will not, in any way, impact your application.

The CRS score anyways has dropped to 415 in the last draw. :) So think about it and decide.
Hii dear , can you tell me (in ur case) is there any bank balance or proof of funds required to sponsor spouse and child

ertarun

Apr 14, 2016
I have a similar case and I have not read anywhere that rejection is high for married person applying alone. If you have a valid reason then there should not be any issue. BTW i got the ITA and in process of arranging docs.
Hi,

Do you mind sharing the letter of explanation for non accompanying spouse?

Thanks
Tarun.

ertarun

Apr 14, 2016
I am married and we recently had a kid. He is now 9 months old. I applied alone and marked my spouse and kid as non accompanying. While submitting the application, I was asked for the reason why my family is not accompanying me to Canada. I clearly stated that my kid is only 9 months old and he could find it quite difficult to get acclimatised to a new place at such a young age. I got my PR visa last week and planning to land during August or September.

Please note that even though your family is not accompanying you, they still need to undergo medicals and you still need to submit the PCC for all the adults. So I would personally advise you to include the family unless you have a strong enough reason like in my case. Again the decision to include or not will not, in any way, impact your application.

The CRS score anyways has dropped to 415 in the last draw. :) So think about it and decide.
Hi,

Do you mind sharing the letter of explanation for non-accompanying spouse?

Thanks
Tarun.

SS@2018

May 31, 2018
Hi,

A friend of mine is contemplating to apply and is 36 years of age. Her CRS is working out to be 430. Her spouse is not planning on accompanying her to Canada and it will not be possible to obtain his medical or PCC. What chance does she stand of getting an ITA and PR eventually? Pls help!

amit202

Aug 27, 2017
Hello, Can someone advice on my below query.

With wife accompanying me to Canada,I am having a score of 435 while if i plan to go without her it moves to 445 which prob. should make my profile get selected in next draw (given current scores). I plan to go alone and work for about a year before calling my wife and kid(4 years). Will sponsoring both of them after 1 year can create any issues or its a smooth process?

hassanulbenna

Jun 19, 2018
Hope this is a valid related question, in case anybody can help me.
If I apply for my PR as my spouse and kid not accompanying, and go to Canada alone for now(which will increase my CRS score when filing as "Not-Accompanying" because my spouse doesn't have IELTS taken nor WES evaluation done). Will my spouse need to take her IELTS, WES and apply again for Express Entry when she needs to join me later at some point in the future?

santhkum90

Oct 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-09-2017
AOR Received.
15-09-2017
Passport Req..
16-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2017
LANDED..........
28-03-2018
Hi,

A friend of mine is contemplating to apply and is 36 years of age. Her CRS is working out to be 430. Her spouse is not planning on accompanying her to Canada and it will not be possible to obtain his medical or PCC. What chance does she stand of getting an ITA and PR eventually? Pls help!
If she is married, then she needs her husband's PCC and medical. She can't complete her application without that.

santhkum90

Oct 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-09-2017
AOR Received.
15-09-2017
Passport Req..
16-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2017
LANDED..........
28-03-2018
Hello, Can someone advice on my below query.

With wife accompanying me to Canada,I am having a score of 435 while if i plan to go without her it moves to 445 which prob. should make my profile get selected in next draw (given current scores). I plan to go alone and work for about a year before calling my wife and kid(4 years). Will sponsoring both of them after 1 year can create any issues or its a smooth process?
It will not be an issue but it is a lengthy process. It takes a minimum of 12 months for the completion of the sponsorship application.

santhkum90

Oct 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-09-2017
AOR Received.
15-09-2017
Passport Req..
16-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2017
LANDED..........
28-03-2018
Hope this is a valid related question, in case anybody can help me.
If I apply for my PR as my spouse and kid not accompanying, and go to Canada alone for now(which will increase my CRS score when filing as "Not-Accompanying" because my spouse doesn't have IELTS taken nor WES evaluation done). Will my spouse need to take her IELTS, WES and apply again for Express Entry when she needs to join me later at some point in the future?
Spousal sponsorship is a completely different process and it does not require those documents.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp