NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 JAN 2015 NS PAPER APPL
Nomination.....
5th MAY, 2015
AOR Received.
3rd MARCH, 2015 (NS); 2nd JUNE, 2015 (CIC)
Med's Done....
UPFRONT MEDICAL 27th MAY, 2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
5th OCTOBER, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
19th OCTOBER, 2015
LANDED..........
on 22nd December, 2015
nylistener said:
Hi All,

Firstly I thank everyone for sharing your own circumstances only thought its right I'd share mine. You guys are doing a great job my sharing to help us all.

April 17th - Completed eligibility received code
April 17th - Completed Express Entry profile
April 18th - Received ITA under FSW score 454
May 7th - AOR confirmation
May 20th - Update received medical passed
May 26th - Update received file is cancelled (reason I studied distance education from USA while residing in India) they wanted a US PCC. I explained my circumstance mentioning this is incorrect, hoping for the best
May 26th - Sent a case specific inquiry (no update till date)
Jun 9th - received refund (via credit card)
Jun 11th Sent another case specific inquiry (no update till date)

May 29th - Completed another Express Entry profile (back in the pool awaiting ITA)

I would like to know has anyone who received the refund had their file reopened, is this even possible ?

Hoping for the best
Thank you
@nylisterner,
I have a similar case with yours:
Rejected because my wife studied distance education from Commonwealth of dominica University but had her campus in Lagos Nigeria. So the case officer is insisting on PCC. I have sent a CSE to them on 09.06.2015. I Hope it is reversed as i am a PNP Nominee.
jiji

hulahoop

Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2015
AOR Received.
13-02-2015
IELTS Request
12-06-2015
I know I'm technically not a cancelled applicant but you guys are the only people who might be able to finally put my mind at rest...

I've finally seen a bit of movement after over 4 months of nothing:

They requested my language certificate (I already uploaded it at the beginning but, whatever, I'll take it).

Apparently my medical had been lost due to "a glitch in the system" and will have to be manually uploaded.

Review of documents is "Provided".

Review of eligibility and review of medical are now in progress.

I'm still terrified of being cancelled as I lost the job which I earned the 600 points for a few weeks ago so if they cancel me I'm very screwed.

Does anyone know if it's possible to be cancelled after the language certificate has been provided? What about after review of documents is set to "Provided" does that mean I can finally relax?

cosgrec

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
Received PPR this morning

ITA: Jan 31
Application submitted: Feb 19
AOR: Feb 20
Application Cancelled: April 24
Application Reopened: May 15
Additional Documents Requested (ECA): May 15
Submitted Add Doc: May 15
Additional Documents Requested (SCH A): May 25
Submitted Add Doc: May 26
PPR: June 12

Application Status:

Application/profile status Open
Review of eligibility Review in Progress
Review of medical results Passed
Review of submitted documents Provided
Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time
A background check is needed In Progress
A final decision has been reached Not Started

ECAS:

Application In Process:
We received your application for permanent residence on February 20, 2015.
We started processing your application on June 9, 2015.
Medical results have been received.

JI JI IRAWO

Jun 13, 2012
Lagos , Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 JAN 2015 NS PAPER APPL
Nomination.....
5th MAY, 2015
AOR Received.
3rd MARCH, 2015 (NS); 2nd JUNE, 2015 (CIC)
Med's Done....
UPFRONT MEDICAL 27th MAY, 2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
5th OCTOBER, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
19th OCTOBER, 2015
LANDED..........
on 22nd December, 2015
cosgrec said:

Application Status:

ECAS:

Application In Process:
Congratulations brother,
Jiji

colorblind

Apr 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cosgrec said:

Application Status:

ECAS:

Application In Process:

Hi, I can't remember.. But have you sent them the CSE and did you get the actual letter or email saying they are reopening?

And congrats!!!!!

colorblind

Apr 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hulahoop said:
I know I'm technically not a cancelled applicant but you guys are the only people who might be able to finally put my mind at rest...

I've finally seen a bit of movement after over 4 months of nothing:

They requested my language certificate (I already uploaded it at the beginning but, whatever, I'll take it).

Apparently my medical had been lost due to "a glitch in the system" and will have to be manually uploaded.

Review of documents is "Provided".

Review of eligibility and review of medical are now in progress.

I'm still terrified of being cancelled as I lost the job which I earned the 600 points for a few weeks ago so if they cancel me I'm very screwed.

Does anyone know if it's possible to be cancelled after the language certificate has been provided? What about after review of documents is set to "Provided" does that mean I can finally relax?
I wouldn't relax untill the PPR... Just because you don't know how they are going to read the rules...The thing about losing the job is a unanswered question. I know a few ppl who are in the same sit and cic told them not to worry, then yes worry, then yes... As usual.

They do see it in the service Canada, and they also say that you have to let them know if anything changes....

hulahoop

Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2015
AOR Received.
13-02-2015
IELTS Request
12-06-2015
colorblind said:
I wouldn't relax untill the PPR... Just because you don't know how they are going to read the rules...The thing about losing the job is a unanswered question. I know a few ppl who are in the same sit and cic told them not to worry, then yes worry, then yes... As usual.

They do see it in the service Canada, and they also say that you have to let them know if anything changes....
I sent them a case enquiry informing them as soon as I lost the job, but never got a reply from them about it.

I have a vague recollection that someone posted a link to a page on the CIC site where they categorically said that it doesn't matter if you lose the job after the job is for the points only in the case of CEC but as you say, we're entirely at the mercy of the officers. They move in mysterious ways and they're not really accountable... they don't owe us PR and if they're having a bad day they can summarily dismiss us.

This has been by far the most stressful 4 months of my life.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hulahoop said:
I sent them a case enquiry informing them as soon as I lost the job, but never got a reply from them about it.

I have a vague recollection that someone posted a link to a page on the CIC site where they categorically said that it doesn't matter if you lose the job after the job is for the points only in the case of CEC but as you say, we're entirely at the mercy of the officers. They move in mysterious ways and they're not really accountable... they don't owe us PR and if they're having a bad day they can summarily dismiss us.

This has been by far the most stressful 4 months of my life.
It does appear to say in the link below that you can be unemployed at the time of application and I'm guessing it is only logical if that is stretched to post ITA period as well. As long as one did not need 'that' job for 600 additional points, it seems that is not going to be a negative.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/econ/cec/work.asp

All the best!

hulahoop

Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2015
AOR Received.
13-02-2015
IELTS Request
12-06-2015
Thanks Asivad!

The job in question IS the 600 point job but I had it at the time of ITA and I had it at the time of applying. I only lost the job about 2 months after the submission of paperwork etc.

Ibyt

Mar 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hulahoop said:
Thanks Asivad!

The job in question IS the 600 point job but I had it at the time of ITA and I had it at the time of applying. I only lost the job about 2 months after the submission of paperwork etc.
I sincerely hope it works out well in the end for you.

Best of Luck!!

colorblind

Apr 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all!

I just received an email from CiC this morning, Saturday, that they can't revise the rejection and reopen the application. Which is fine with me, as I'll be more in peace now when submitting the new one and be very careful in what I'm doing. But it makes me wonder, again, what makes the difference with the other applications being reopened....

Good luck to all!!!

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
colorblind said:
Hi all!

I just received an email from CiC this morning, Saturday, that they can't revise the rejection and reopen the application. Which is fine with me, as I'll be more in peace now when submitting the new one and be very careful in what I'm doing. But it makes me wonder, again, what makes the difference with the other applications being reopened....

Good luck to all!!!
I am sorry about the refusal confirmation, and I admire your pragmatic attitude. All the best for smooth sailing on the new app. Good luck.

hulahoop

Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2015
AOR Received.
13-02-2015
IELTS Request
12-06-2015
colorblind said:
Hi all!

Good luck to all!!!
At least you can draw a line under it... did you get into the draw last night?

amadabu

Star Member
May 19, 2015
colorblind said:
Hi all!

I think they are trying to teach everyone a lesson with our applications. I am glad that you got your answer So you can move on. I wish they tell me something too instead of wasting my time.
But this time you have to check it 3-4 before you submit.
Good luck to all!!!