+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

scarfacegf

Star Member
Oct 22, 2019
Thank you! No there was no reply for that. But a passport request indicates it was approved. I submitted my ARC fee together with the ARC letter. Did you submit your ARC letter yet?
Please pay the ARC (Authorisation to Return to Canada) fee of $400 CAD for yourself.

Please refer to the following website for more information on your options for payment.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/result.asp?lob=pric&cat=perm
Please send us the barcoded receipt once you’ve completed your payment.

I only got this email and I paid 400$ but I didn’t send any letter to them. Will they request me to send them letter or not ?

Hunarnamiq

Star Member
Apr 18, 2019
Canada
App. Filed.......
9 feb 2018
In theory, almost any Embassy/consulate with an immigration section can issue the visas/copr (eg in London). It comes up often enough for eg Indian nationals who happen to be in Australia or other places. And when I say 'in theory' I mean that definitely it can be done to submit passports in different countries entirely - if the visa office in embassy has the visa printer and the right blanks, they can do it.

Unfortunately tracking down how to do this and getting instructions is not always easy. If you have an email for Ankara immigration section, you could try them; or the high commission in London; or call IRCC in Canada; or webform. (Webform would most likely be the absolute slowest).

The other potential thing is to contact VFS in the UK to see if they can accept - there's perhaps a slightly better chance that VFS in UK will have run into this situation more often (and hence know that they can accept passports with the PPR even if the PPR did not come from London visa office). Or VFS chatline.

As always, the real issue is finding someone to speak to who can actually understand the issue and give clear instructions.

I assume your family is nationality of one of the countries typically covered out of Ankara (like Iran) but living in the UK (and have been througout the application process)? It really is a bit dense of Ankara that they didn't provide instructions that explain how to do this.
Thanks mate,
It’s was your opinion, I contact them they said you can submit passport to LVO while you are living in UK

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thanks mate,
It’s was your opinion, I contact them they said you can submit passport to LVO while you are living in UK
Sorry, didn't understand. Whom did you contact?

(It may be very helpful to others to know how you were able to confirm ie which office was able to give you an answer)

Last edited:

Salinasalina

Star Member
Jul 19, 2020
Does anyone know, how much time do we have to go to Canada once the visa is issued? I am asking this because I have been waiting my husbands sponsorship outland with him, we have 2 kids, we have to withdraw one from school and close down our house, hubby needs to quit his job. I mean will we have at least 2-3 months?

Salinasalina

Star Member
Jul 19, 2020
Another question,

5. The height and eye colour (for both eyes) for the Principal Applicant and all of his accompanying dependants.

How did you guys do this? Did you just note it on a piece of paper?

Armank90

Star Member
Jun 30, 2018
Category........
PNP
Another question,

5. The height and eye colour (for both eyes) for the Principal Applicant and all of his accompanying dependants.

How did you guys do this? Did you just note it on a piece of paper?
Print out the email you received from IRCC. There is a section at the bottom containing height and eye color that you should fill out.

Reactions: Salinasalina

Armank90

Star Member
Jun 30, 2018
Category........
PNP
Does anyone know, how much time do we have to go to Canada once the visa is issued? I am asking this because I have been waiting my husbands sponsorship outland with him, we have 2 kids, we have to withdraw one from school and close down our house, hubby needs to quit his job. I mean will we have at least 2-3 months?
Visa and medical expiry date are usually the same.

Last edited:
Reactions: Salinasalina