+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

Mira2018

Star Member
Sep 28, 2018
Truth became afraid of processing time
I sent my passport 3 weeks ago and I hope it will not be more than because I cannot stay in Turkey for more than 30 days.

Halakrt

Aug 16, 2020
Hi everyone
Is there a applicant with an update like myself that’s from November 2019 , my application got forwarded to the ankara visa office in December 2019 both medical and biometrics are complete and no update since than

Reactions: Mkouchakzadeh

fella76

Oct 13, 2020
Hi everyone
Is there a applicant with an update like myself that’s from November 2019 , my application got forwarded to the ankara visa office in December 2019 both medical and biometrics are complete and no update since than
Hi, I am May 2019 , my file was transferred to Ankara in July 2019, last update was in April 2020, and I got pre arrival services mail a few days ago

Mkouchakzadeh

Star Member
Aug 31, 2019
Hi everyone
Hey there
I'm Nov 1st 2019 and same as you nothing yet. Seems they have not started Nov application yet I know multiple people from late October 2019 got their updates even oct 30 but it's not the case for us so don't worry we're on the same boat

stsm123

Sep 8, 2019
How can we courier our passport the VAC in Istanbul (which is VFS) when conflicting instructions are sent?

• The VAC website says NO in-person passport submissions due to COVID, only mail/courier.
  • The letter for passport request says DO NOT send passport by courier to VAC. But does state which address.

So what should we do?

Thank you!

Timeline:
Documents submitted: Oct 28, 2019.
Biometric: Dec 18
Medical: Dec 19
Application moved to Ankara: Sometime in January
Prearrival letter: Nov 28
Request for passport: Dec 2

Last edited:

Mira2018

Star Member
Sep 28, 2018
How can we courier our passport the VAC in Istanbul (which is VFS) when conflicting instructions are sent?

• The VAC website says NO in-person passport submissions due to COVID, only mail/courier.
  • The letter for passport request says DO NOT send passport by courier to VAC. But does state which address.
Send it by mail

So what should we do?

Thank you!

Timeline:

Mira2018

Star Member
Sep 28, 2018
Hello everyone
How long it takes to get your passport once it is sent from Istanbul to the visa office in Ankara Turkey with the visa sticker attached.
Any personal experience with this process.

mariamk

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
Hi everyone
My husband got approved in October 2019 and still nothing!

mariamk

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
Hello, my husband had a passport request in October 2019 but he wasn't able to send his passport as he had to finish his PhD in Tehran and they help on to his passport. They granted us an extension till April as that was when his medical's expired. They said that if he doesn't land in April they will reject the application and we would have to start over. When we my lawyer sent them a letter in March asking for a longer extension they responded that due to Corona his application would not be rejected solely on not sending the passport and that we would automatically get a 90 day extension. This would continue until we were ready to travel. We sent them another letter in October when he finished his PhD. We are still waiting on their response.

I have read recently that they are trying to process 6000 applications a month. Does anyone have any experience with this? We really want to be back in Canada by the new year as my mom is old and lives alone. Any suggestions on how to speed up the process or get a hold of someone that could help would be appreciated.

I just found out that my lawyer put in my UCI number instead of my husbands in all her correspondence with Ankara. However, the application number was correct. Anyone know if this would cause severe delays?

Daft punk

Sep 22, 2020
Hi everyone
Hi, My application was transformed to Ankara on Nov 29 2019, and we have also completed both biometric and medical back in Jan 2020. No update since then.

Armank90

Star Member
Jun 30, 2018
Category........
PNP

So what should we do?

Thank you!

Timeline:
Follow VAC instructions, and send your document by courier.

Amy-AK

Sep 25, 2020
hello.

Can somebody please help me understand the process from receiving the tracking ID number to the return of my passport.

I received the tracking ID today but when i enter the information it says no record found.

How long does will it take from the receipt of a tracking number till my passport is returned?

Thank you