+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

Yashar_Esk

Nov 25, 2020
hello.

Can somebody please help me understand the process from receiving the tracking ID number to the return of my passport.

I received the tracking ID today but when i enter the information it says no record found.

How long does will it take from the receipt of a tracking number till my passport is returned?

Thank you
I don't know why you are not seeing any records, maybe the website is not updated yet. The VFS sends your passport to the IRCC Office at the embassy. The tracking site will show you something like 'sent', 'received and under process at IRCC' and hopefully on the way back after Visa is stamped.

But for the time of getting your passport back, its anybody's guess. For us it has been 4 months and no updates. But there are people who got theirs back. Hoping you won't have to wait as long.

• Sad
Reactions: AliPrn

Halakrt

Aug 16, 2020
Hi everyone, I am a November 2019 applicant both medical and biometrics are complete application got sent to the visa office dec 17 2019 today I checked my gckey account and the status showed application profile updated I refreshed the page and it the status changed to submitted does any one know what this mean ?
Thanks

Vazira

Star Member
Jul 10, 2020
Hi everyone, I am a November 2019 applicant both medical and biometrics are complete application got sent to the visa office dec 17 2019 today I checked my gckey account and the status showed application profile updated I refreshed the page and it the status changed to submitted does any one know what this mean ?
Thanks
Must be ghost update, which happened with some of us. Don’t really know what it means, some people got the actual updates after ghost update, some people didn’t get any update. I got this ghost update about 1,5 months ago. Got actual update( more documents required) about 10 days ago only.

AliPrn

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020
I don't know why you are not seeing any records, maybe the website is not updated yet. The VFS sends your passport to the IRCC Office at the embassy. The tracking site will show you something like 'sent', 'received and under process at IRCC' and hopefully on the way back after Visa is stamped.

But for the time of getting your passport back, its anybody's guess. For us it has been 4 months and no updates. But there are people who got theirs back. Hoping you won't have to wait as long.
tell me about it, we are still waiting too...The application is approved, why does it take so long to issue visas for some and for others it only takes a couple of weeks ? no explanation other than chaotic operations at the embassy...

Reactions: Yashar_Esk

Yashar_Esk

Nov 25, 2020
So your passport will back to you ??
Hopefully. As far as I know, they only change the status to approved, once the Visa has been issued. Now it depends on how long does it take for them to send it back to the VFS, for the VFS to get it back to Nilgam (the pickup agency we used), and for Nilgam to fly it back to Iran.

Mira2018

Star Member
Sep 28, 2018
Hopefully. As far as I know, they only change the status to approved, once the Visa has been issued. Now it depends on how long does it take for them to send it back to the VFS, for the VFS to get it back to Nilgam (the pickup agency we used), and for Nilgam to fly it back to Iran.
Can you tell me
Which time started under processing?

Mira2018

Star Member
Sep 28, 2018
According to VFS tracker, our passports were under process at IRCC office on Sep 21st.
Do you think that there is a difference in the processing times between Iran, Iraq, Turkey and Libya ??
Canadian Embassy in Ankara?
I am currently in Turkey and sent passports a month ago

AliPrn

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020
Today our account status finally changed to APPROVED! The VFS tracking has not changed yet.
Congrats, VFS tracking will change soon. Based on my understanding VFS only picks up the passports on Mondays, Wed and Fridays. So check the tracking tomorrow. Amazing news for you buddy