+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

Samanrostami

Feb 6, 2020
Hey everyone. I checked the CIC website and it’s changed from in process to decision made but I haven’t received any emails or anything and I don’t know what the decision is yet. Do you think this is a bad sign that they changed it to decision made but haven’t sent me any emails yet? I don’t understand why they wouldn’t send me an email once they changed the status to decision made as well. Anyone have experience with this?

UmairS

Star Member
Mar 22, 2018
Hey everyone. I checked the CIC website and it’s changed from in process to decision made but I haven’t received any emails or anything and I don’t know what the decision is yet. Do you think this is a bad sign that they changed it to decision made but haven’t sent me any emails yet? I don’t understand why they wouldn’t send me an email once they changed the status to decision made as well. Anyone have experience with this?
Same case as mine, i got DM on Dec 4. I think it means our case has been approved, we have to wait for PPR.

Bstnci

Jul 9, 2020
Same case as mine, i got DM on Dec 4. I think it means our case has been approved, we have to wait for PPR.
Hi, So I came to ask this question and I saw you ask. I wonder how long wait for PPR after DM
I got DM on Oct 19 and I havent email about that. Ofcourse I send an email but they didnt reply. So we send email to our MP, he replied with this mail;

"The file has been approved. The responsible office will send a passport request letter to the applicant via email in due course.
There is currently no specific timeframe to complete the process of the application.
However, rest assured that all efforts are being made to ensure efficient processing of the application."
I even saw those who said waited 12 weeks in facebook group for other countries.

• Sad
Reactions: UmairS

AliPrn

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020
Hi, So I came to ask this question and I saw you ask. I wonder how long wait for PPR after DM
I got DM on Oct 19 and I havent email about that. Ofcourse I send an email but they didnt reply. So we send email to our MP, he replied with this mail;

"The file has been approved. The responsible office will send a passport request letter to the applicant via email in due course.
There is currently no specific timeframe to complete the process of the application.
However, rest assured that all efforts are being made to ensure efficient processing of the application."
I even saw those who said waited 12 weeks in facebook group for other countries.
My personal advice, take it or leave it is to you and others in waiting, buckle up as it will be a long ride. I'm July 2019 applicant, got decision made in the summer, Passport request in Sept 3rd and sent the passport and still waiting to get it back...
So the lesson is not get too excited as it makes the wait miserable, go about your daily lives. Some cases got things going for them super fast, and some like us hating life due to Ankara visa office's lack of responsibility.

best to be patient, As hard as it is, but It happens when it happens (IRCC's Motto)

Samanrostami

Feb 6, 2020

Omg I’m so nervous now because I also asked my MP to check on my application and all he said is that they reviewed the application last week and they have 2 months to reply. I’m worried that our application was rejected because he didn’t say it was approved like yours. I’m so worried.

UmairS

Star Member
Mar 22, 2018
Omg I’m so nervous now because I also asked my MP to check on my application and all he said is that they reviewed the application last week and they have 2 months to reply. I’m worried that our application was rejected because he didn’t say it was approved like yours. I’m so worried.
Did you have an interview?

UmairS

Star Member
Mar 22, 2018
I got this email from the MP office:

"
Hello Syed,

I hope this message finds you well.

I have completed my scheduled follow up inquiry into your spousal sponsorship application and was informed that your application was approved on November 13, 2020, the letter sent to the applicant on November 14, 2020 would have indicated as such with pre-arrival services being offered. ?The next step will be Ankara office sending out a requests for passports and generate the confirmation of permanent residence. In the meantime, our office will continue to monitor this application by conducting scheduled follow ups.

I hope this information proved useful. If there are any questions please feel free to contact our office at any time and we would be glad to help. "

Hence this proves a couple of things for people waiting:
1) Pre-Arrival services letter means your eligibility has been approved (usually post that, they recheck if your medical is valid and you get DM within 2-3 weeks)
2) I can safely say that DM, without having gone through an interview, means its approved (even if you haven't received PPR yet)

Hope it helps others

Bstnci

Jul 9, 2020
Please dont think like that,
I hope your application approved. Maybe you can ask your MP again just for this detail. And you say they have 2 months to reply. it will be 2 months on Dec19 for me...

Samanrostami

Feb 6, 2020
Please dont think like that,
I hope your application approved. Maybe you can ask your MP again just for this detail. And you say they have 2 months to reply. it will be 2 months on Dec19 for me...
Thank you. I really hope yours is approved as well. If you don’t hear anything by dec 19 then for sure reach out to your MP again.

Mira2018

Star Member
Sep 28, 2018
Is there a difference between a residence visa and a parent visa?
Because the passports were sent together and the mother got the passport while I was undergoing treatment