+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

AliPrn

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020
Hello Everyone,
So my husband sent is passport to Ankara and got an SMS on Saturday saying that his passport was 'at the embassy' however we have no tracking number. Does this mean they haven't started processing it yet? Anyone know how long it will take to get it back to him for the PR visa?
If you don't have a tracking from VAC it means it is not at the embassy yet. That text means the travel agency gave it to VAC , in a week or so you'll get a tracking and after a week it will get to the embassy. If you are lucky the embassy does it fast (2-4) weeks. and if you are like us months. We sent ours from Tehran in September, and have not got it back, but our case is unlucky and super rare and who knows what they are doing to issue a simple PR visa... All of these are only Personal experience based on following this issue for months.

JFK_YVR

Star Member
Sep 27, 2019
Hey guys,

Just checking in to see if there are others with a similar situation:

Our application was received in July 2019 and everything was done by October 2019. Ankara started processing our application on Nov 1st 2019 but we haven't had any update since then. I've filled out a few web forms but all I heard in response was that our application was still in process and delayed due to the ongoing pandemic situation. I really thought our application was not that complicated and was hoping to be approved within a year. Now a year and a half later it's still in process.

Are there others with similar situation and if so, have you done anything else besides the web form about it?

Thank you!

Bstnci

Jul 9, 2020
Hey guys,

Our application was received in July 2019 and everything was done by October 2019. Ankara started processing our application on Nov 1st 2019 but we haven't had any update since then. I've filled out a few web forms but all I heard in response was that our application was still in process and delayed due to the ongoing pandemic situation. I really thought our application was not that complicated and was hoping to be approved within a year. Now a year and a half later it's still in process.

Are there others with similar situation and if so, have you done anything else besides the web form about it?

Thank you!
Hi JFK_YVR,
Did you try to meet with your MP in Canada?
And you can also get a GCMS note.
these may not speed up your process but you can learn more something about your application.

Reactions: JFK_YVR

JFK_YVR

Star Member
Sep 27, 2019
Hi JFK_YVR,
Did you try to meet with your MP in Canada?
And you can also get a GCMS note.
these may not speed up your process but you can learn more something about your application.
I didn't meet with my MP, how do you do that?
I did order the GCMS notes, there was nothing in it to indicate there might be a problem. It seems they have everything they need and just need to make a decision.

Bstnci

Jul 9, 2020
I didn't meet with my MP, how do you do that?
I did order the GCMS notes, there was nothing in it to indicate there might be a problem. It seems they have everything they need and just need to make a decision.
There is a MP office depends on sponsor's address in Canada. You can find it by searching on the internet. My husband just mailed the MP's email address. he didn't even need to go to his office.

Hunarnamiq

Star Member
Apr 18, 2019
Canada
App. Filed.......
9 feb 2018
Hey guys,

Thank you!
We are in same boat, apply for family on Jun 2019, AiP on Jan 2020, nothing from that day.

Halakrt

Aug 16, 2020
Hey guys,

Thank you!
Hi my friend we applied sent our application in nov 2019 medical and biometrics were both requested and completed and on December 17 2019 it forwarded to ankara
since than I haven’t heard any updates all they say is there is a delay due to the pandemic

Novanz

Sep 18, 2020
Hey guys,

Thank you!
Hello,
My application was received in June 2019, and biometrics and medical were done by Sep 2019 and they started processing the application in Oct 2019. Since then we didn't get any update. Same boat!!

AliPrn

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020
Hey guys,

We finally got our PR visa issued. After countless emails we figured it out. The delay was because the right of permanent residency fee was not paid. The embassy never communicated that with us or our MP. We got the approval within 5 hours of paying that $500. If you are facing massive delay, i personally suggest do not just wait and see, but try to figure out why. If i didn't email the embassy to figure out the delay, it could have been another few weeks until someone reaches out to us (IF they would reach out).

Extremely messy operations that even MPs couldn't figure out why we are facing this delay. Regardless, best of luck to you all

EhsRm

Star Member
Mar 10, 2020
Hey guys,

We finally got our PR visa issued. After countless emails we figured it out. The delay was because the right of permanent residency fee was not paid. The embassy never communicated that with us or our MP. We got the approval within 5 hours of paying that $500. If you are facing massive delay, i personally suggest do not just wait and see, but try to figure out why. If i didn't email the embassy to figure out the delay, it could have been another few weeks until someone reaches out to us (IF they would reach out).

Extremely messy operations that even MPs couldn't figure out why we are facing this delay. Regardless, best of luck to you all
Congrats Ali i know how frustrating this was for you. Can you please mention what that fee is exactly? I mean i paid the $1040 plus the biometrics fee. Are there more fees to be paid ?

AliPrn

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020
Congrats Ali i know how frustrating this was for you. Can you please mention what that fee is exactly? I mean i paid the $1040 plus the biometrics fee. Are there more fees to be paid ?
cheers, nope you are fine. $500 is RPRF and the rest is application fees. We thought we paid it, but i guess not

Reactions: EhsRm

EhsRm

Star Member
Mar 10, 2020
cheers, nope you are fine. $500 is RPRF and the rest is application fees. We thought we paid it, but i guess not
You also mentioned you contacted embassy to figure it out. Do you mean the webform email system or did you try another way to reach them ? im at 92% right now and not sure if i should wait til 12 months is over to use that particular way of communicating with them or is there another specific email address to reach? Thanks

Vazira

Star Member
Jul 10, 2020
Hey guys,

Congratulations!!)))

Vazira

Star Member
Jul 10, 2020
Hi all good news
Got PPR today morning

Aor Oct 2019
Biometrics and Medical Jan 2020
Nothing after that till Pre Arrival Letter on 14th Nov.
3rd Dec DM
17th Dec PPR
Congratulations to you as well!)) I’m curious how long it’s gonna take to send and get passport back. Please let us know) are you inside or outside Turkey? As we seen guys from Iran are still waiting for their passports from Embassy.