All those waiting for more than 36 months

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Outlook said:
Hi everyone,

just wanted to give you some insight into my case.This whole process has been a waiting game for me.

To give you an idea of my timeline:

Applied for Citizenship: December 2010
Processing: August 2011
Test: November 2011 (Received RQ after the test)
RQ sent : December 2011
Received form CIT 0520 (additional documents): November 2014
Update from CIC as of March 5th, 2015 : File has been transferred from St. Clair to Mississauga for the oath.

From my ATIP notes, I can see that an officer took a look at my file on 21st October 2014. That means from Nov 2011 to October 2014 my file was on a shelf somewhere rotting. That is an unthinkable amount of time to not have even been looked at.

Total waiting time: 52 months

Could it get any worse?
Congrats to you. But Make sure not to vote for these Bozo conservatives in October.

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
egyo said:
36 months of pre-test RQ waiting so I am going to to file writ this month. Cost of the lawyer is $3500 but I hope it is well worth
Would you share your lawyer's name and contact info with us Plz?

CanadianCountry

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2010
Doc's Request.
16-03-2010
AOR Received.
24-07-2010
File Transfer...
24-03-2010
Med's Request
Yes
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
Wow $3500 dollars for the the writ of mandamus. And people said its cheap to take your case to the courts.

Rayan14 said:
Would you share your lawyer's name and contact info with us Plz?

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanadianCountry said:
Wow $3500 dollars for the the writ of mandamus. And people said its cheap to take your case to the courts.
I think I had heard it could cost up to $5000. So $3500 is not unreasonable.

janoo

May 16, 2014
Hi Rayan 14.

Now your case is approved and waiting for oath why you want to take the matter
to the court ??? also my file assigned to officer on November 2014 and no progress
total waiting time now 40 month ( few days less ) please forward the
lawyer name so we can contact them as well. please send the private message
if you unable to give the name on forum...

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
janoo said:
Hi Rayan 14.

Now your case is approved and waiting for oath why you want to take the matter
to the court ??? also my file assigned to officer on November 2014 and no progress
total waiting time now 40 month ( few days less ) please forward the
lawyer name so we can contact them as well. please send the private message
if you unable to give the name on forum...
I have taken the test a year or so ago but who knows if my case is approved or not. I think it is not normal to wait 11 months after the test.

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I took the test in March 2014 and also still waiting. There is just no justification on the part of CIC to drag these applications other than to say it is purely intentional. People waiting over 36 months and sometimes 52 months just to process a citizenship application when new ones barely take 8 months is an abomination and a joke.

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
djoli said:
I took the test in March 2014 and also still waiting. There is just no justification on the part of CIC to drag these applications other than to say it is purely intentional. People waiting over 36 months and sometimes 52 months just to process a citizenship application when new ones barely take 8 months is an abomination and a joke.
I agree with every sentence of your statement. But honestly what else can we do? We're hostages to this lazy racially biased CIC.

BalajiR

Jan 11, 2014
Whitby, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I called in today and they said my file was in the process of being transferred to scarborough. the agent said that, thats all she could say and nothing more. no documents are required and everything in place.

Not sure what that means, but I hope everything is +ve.

thanks

janoo said:
any one contacted CIC today ? any update ....

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BalajiR said:
I called in today and they said my file was in the process of being transferred to scarborough. the agent said that, thats all she could say and nothing more. no documents are required and everything in place.

Not sure what that means, but I hope everything is +ve.

thanks
So what does that mean? How long will it be from there on?

sapguru

Jul 16, 2010
Toronto
LANDED..........
16-08-2009
ZYXWVU98 said:
the lawyer used the processing time at the time you applied for citizenship as the rule of thumb. for me, the processing time when I applied for citizenship was 19 months. my waiting time was way over that. the total fee was 4k including tax. it was very straight forward. I went for consultation, lawyer spoke with me for 10 minutes, then his assistant helped me prepare the case. within two hours, all the working papers were ready. I paid the fees right away, the next day my file was dropped to the federal court.
ZYXWVU98, Considering the generic processing time for recent applications (2014/2015) is 9-12 months, can the applicants with non-routine case (RQed) go ahead for Mandamus after waiting for approx 1 year? Your response can bring lot of hope to recent RQed applicants.

BalajiR

Jan 11, 2014
Whitby, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lets wait and see. I'll wait a couple of weeks and request for ATIP. We'll know clearly where I stand.

thanks

Rayan14 said:
So what does that mean? How long will it be from there on?

janoo

May 16, 2014
I have no idea my file with the officer since November 2014 ??? same reply from CIC
and case specific query ? enter into 40 months waiting ???