+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

All those waiting for more than 36 months

BalajiR

Jan 11, 2014
Whitby, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I found this from my ATIP I got in Feb 2015. A couple of days ago I called the CIC call centre and the agent told me my file was being transferred to Scarborough office. But you know that the call centre cann't be really trusted.

On the other hand Krishemp, on this forum got his oath within 4-5 months and his clearances took less than a month.

thanks

vinaypuri said:
No I don't know the officer and about clearances. I called them once and they told me this but I did not ask for the other details.

Did you request ATIP for this info.?

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wow I am so happy for you, very well deserved! your long journey is over and I believe this is the first time that we have someone scheduled for oath after receiving CIT0520. This could potentially be good news for those us that are still waiting. Congratulations!

Outlook said:
Hi,

As of yesterday, I finally received the much awaited oath letter and will be taking the ceremony at Mississauga on April 27th. I just wanted to thank everyone on this forum for all your insights and information.

It's been a really long journey, wishing you all the best of luck for your cases!

Applied for Citizenship: December 2010
Processing: August 2011
Test: November 2011 (Received RQ after the test)
RQ sent : December 2011
Received form CIT 0520 (additional documents): November 2014
Update from CIC as of March 5th, 2015 : File has been transferred from St. Clair to Mississauga for the oath.
Oath: April 27th, 2015 Mississauga

moti

Oct 24, 2012
@ Jaanoo, good news , renewal of background checks means officer is working on your file actively.expect a test dare in 6-8 weeks !

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
djoli said:
Wow I am so happy for you, very well deserved! your long journey is over and I believe this is the first time that we have someone scheduled for oath after receiving CIT0520. This could potentially be good news for those us that are still waiting. Congratulations!
It seems that the lazy shameless Bozos at Chris Alexander's CIC have been issuing this new CIT0520 to almost every body in the pool of 2011-2012 applicants now. How shameful.

janoo

May 16, 2014
Hi... Yesterday late afternoon I call CIC and want to know the reason for why the
ATIP showing my responsible office change from St.Claire to Montreal call centre.
Explanation given that when my file reached over 36 months call centre of Montreal
have send the note to St.Claire office and my file is still in St.Claire waiting
officer review/background check up etc... and my ATIP dated March 16, 2015
received on April 16, showing the officer assigned on November 2014.

Any up date on all waiting for more than 36 months keep posted so we will
get some hope ?

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
janoo said:
Hi... Yesterday late afternoon I call CIC and want to know the reason for why the
ATIP showing my responsible office change from St.Claire to Montreal call centre.
Explanation given that when my file reached over 36 months call centre of Montreal
have send the note to St.Claire office and my file is still in St.Claire waiting
officer review/background check up etc... and my ATIP dated March 16, 2015
received on April 16, showing the officer assigned on November 2014.

Any up date on all waiting for more than 36 months keep posted so we will
get some hope ?
Yeah that's what I thought.

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rayan14 said:
It seems that the lazy shameless Bozos at Chris Alexander's CIC have been issuing this new CIT0520 to almost every body in the pool of 2011-2012 applicants now. How shameful.
Yes I agree Ryan...I think eventually all those that are in the 2010/2011/2012 and possibly 2013 that received RQ under CIT0171 will receive CIT0520 as they will never have time to review the RQs,,,,this is very sad.

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
djoli said:
Yes I agree Ryan...I think eventually all those that are in the 2010/2011/2012 and possibly 2013 that received RQ under CIT0171 will receive CIT0520 as they will never have time to review the RQs,,,,this is very sad.
You were issued a useless CIT0520. What documents did they request? Can you elaborate on that? Thnx

Lunaking

Nov 28, 2014
djoli said:
Not true that everyone will get one. Please get your facts right before scaring people off.

walrus189

Star Member
Apr 6, 2013
BalajiR said:
yes Vinay. this is what I think I see on this forum.

Do you have the name of the office to who the file was assigned or know till when your clearances are valid?

My clearances expired and the renewal was initiated and file assigned to officer in Jan 2015.

thanks
vinaypuri, BalajiR,

There are some similiarties in our files (my file was also assigned to an officer in Mid January). The latest in my ATIP report which I received a week ago is a note that " preliminary review completed - sent to levle 2 decision maker for final decision." I called CIC and the officer read me the same note (nothing new beyond that)

So it took about 5 weeks from assigning the officer to completing the preliminary review. I am not sure how long this level 2 decision maker will take to make a decision. Did any of you oder ATIP after your files were assigned to the officer?

Thanks

Application: April 2012
Test: February 2013 (RQ on Test)
RQ with documents returned to CIC: March 2013

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
walrus189 said:
vinaypuri, BalajiR,

There are some similiarties in our files (my file was also assigned to an officer in Mid January). The latest in my ATIP report which I received a week ago is a note that " preliminary review completed - sent to levle 2 decision maker for final decision." I called CIC and the officer read me the same note (nothing new beyond that)

So it took about 5 weeks from assigning the officer to completing the preliminary review. I am not sure how long this level 2 decision maker will take to make a decision. Did any of you oder ATIP after your files were assigned to the officer?

Thanks

Application: April 2012
Test: February 2013 (RQ on Test)
RQ with documents returned to CIC: March 2013
No movement in my case after preliminary review. CIC st clair doesn't have any logical process. We'll see. I think Balaji app is transferred to local office for oath.

janoo

May 16, 2014
Hi.. Monday sun shine hope for the best for this week. This group keep updated.

applied jan.2012. rq march 2013 replied april 2013 and since
than waiting file transfer to officer november 2014. background check up all
expire need renewal , officer review since last six month is going on ????

I have no idea what to do ?? lawyer expensive cannot afford 3.5-5 k.
Minister reply standard, MP reply standard atip report nothing new
only hope any miracle happened . enter my file into 40 months..

BalajiR

Jan 11, 2014
Whitby, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thank you Vinaypuri. I hope what you say comes true for all 3 of us. My last ATIP, I requested 23rd Jan 2015 and received it in Feb 2015. It only says assigned to officer around 14th Jan 2015 and clearances renewal initiated on 10th Jan 2015.

I'll wait a couple of weeks before I request another ATIP.

thanks

vinaypuri said:
No movement in my case after preliminary review. CIC st clair doesn't have any logical process. We'll see. I think Balaji app is transferred to local office for oath.

ItkExpert

Sep 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BalajiR said:
thank you Vinaypuri. I hope what you say comes true for all 3 of us. My last ATIP, I requested 23rd Jan 2015 and received it in Feb 2015. It only says assigned to officer around 14th Jan 2015 and clearances renewal initiated on 10th Jan 2015.

I'll wait a couple of weeks before I request another ATIP.

thanks
Count me in your wishes too. I am waiting since September 2012 . Whenever I call to the call center they fail to gives me any useful information. I called two weeks ago and the agent refused to tell me if my file was assigned to officer or not. I have submitted my RQ 1.5 years ago and haven't heard back a thing since then. My wife submitted her RQ at the same time and got her citizenship within months. Perhaps the go harder on male applicants.

ItkExpert

Sep 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Outlook said:
Hi,

As of yesterday, I finally received the much awaited oath letter and will be taking the ceremony at Mississauga on April 27th. I just wanted to thank everyone on this forum for all your insights and information.

It's been a really long journey, wishing you all the best of luck for your cases!

Applied for Citizenship: December 2010
Processing: August 2011
Test: November 2011 (Received RQ after the test)
RQ sent : December 2011
Received form CIT 0520 (additional documents): November 2014
Update from CIC as of March 5th, 2015 : File has been transferred from St. Clair to Mississauga for the oath.
Oath: April 27th, 2015 Mississauga
Congrats for your oath.

Not to poor rain or your parade there is something to note here.
Your file was transfered to Missisauga on Mach 5 however your were only called for an oath a month and half later. Seems like they were not in a hurry. However new applicants receive their oaths 2-3 weeks after the test or even sooner.