+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

All those waiting for more than 36 months

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So you have not received any communication from the officer since he received your file in November 2014? Did the officer request additional information? This is unacceptable.

janoo said:
I have no idea my file with the officer since November 2014 ??? same reply from CIC
and case specific query ? enter into 40 months waiting ???

janoo

May 16, 2014
No I have not heard any thing from CIC office except when I submitted specific
case e mail and contacted MP and Minister I got a letter from St.Clair my file
under officer review since November 14,2014.

awaiting to hear some news ??? enter into 40 months..

ItkExpert

Sep 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
janoo said:
No I have not heard any thing from CIC office except when I submitted specific
case e mail and contacted MP and Minister I got a letter from St.Clair my file
under officer review since November 14,2014.

awaiting to hear some news ??? enter into 40 months..
Are you planning to take your case to court ?

janoo

May 16, 2014
Need 3.5 -5 K cash and as my entire family is Canadian Citizens and am living here
and own the house and completed the requirement and now I have renew my
P.RCard I think it is not worth to spend the amount at this moment, I am in touch with the lawyer and they are interested to take this case so I will wait for few more months and see the progress how long the officer take to review the file ?

Hope some good news come soon ? keep in touch ?

Outlook

Apr 6, 2012
Hi,

As of yesterday, I finally received the much awaited oath letter and will be taking the ceremony at Mississauga on April 27th. I just wanted to thank everyone on this forum for all your insights and information.

It's been a really long journey, wishing you all the best of luck for your cases!

Applied for Citizenship: December 2010
Processing: August 2011
Test: November 2011 (Received RQ after the test)
RQ sent : December 2011
Received form CIT 0520 (additional documents): November 2014
Update from CIC as of March 5th, 2015 : File has been transferred from St. Clair to Mississauga for the oath.
Oath: April 27th, 2015 Mississauga

janoo

May 16, 2014
Congratulation..... finally your 52 months journey end thanks God I am fully aware about
your pain enjoy your future life in peace, please let us know any specific reason why the
file is on hold for such a long time... my file enter into 40 months...

janoo

May 16, 2014
HI... Just now I spoke to CIC and after brief pause the CIC inform me that my file
is waiting for back ground check ?? once the back ground check finish than the next
step ?? anyone have idea how long this process will take ?? earlier they were stating
my file under officer review ???

BalajiR

Jan 11, 2014
Whitby, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations...... it must be a big relief...... such a long time but finally.......

Outlook said:
Hi,

As of yesterday, I finally received the much awaited oath letter and will be taking the ceremony at Mississauga on April 27th. I just wanted to thank everyone on this forum for all your insights and information.

It's been a really long journey, wishing you all the best of luck for your cases!

Applied for Citizenship: December 2010
Processing: August 2011
Test: November 2011 (Received RQ after the test)
RQ sent : December 2011
Received form CIT 0520 (additional documents): November 2014
Update from CIC as of March 5th, 2015 : File has been transferred from St. Clair to Mississauga for the oath.
Oath: April 27th, 2015 Mississauga

BalajiR

Jan 11, 2014
Whitby, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It looks like it roughly takes 4-5 months for an oath from the time its assigned to an officer. Clearances usually take approx a month......

janoo said:
HI... Just now I spoke to CIC and after brief pause the CIC inform me that my file
is waiting for back ground check ?? once the back ground check finish than the next
step ?? anyone have idea how long this process will take ?? earlier they were stating
my file under officer review ???

janoo

May 16, 2014
Thanks BalajiR... Have any idea officer review finish than back ground check up or

back ground check first and than officer review ??

BalajiR

Jan 11, 2014
Whitby, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
its only my guess that the background checks are done first..... there a couple of them on these forms who have got there oath invites within 4-5 months from the time their files were assigned to an officer. You can check with others who have got ATIPs. In the ATIP, it should show the date of clearance requested, valid date and expiration date......

janoo said:
Thanks BalajiR... Have any idea officer review finish than back ground check up or

BalajiR

Jan 11, 2014
Whitby, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
coolguy posted this a few days ago......

Here is the link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/cit/grant/adult.asp

Check the Clearances section:

The applicant must not be subject to the prohibitions contained in sections 21 and 22 of the Act.

Applicant must pass all clearances: Immigration, criminality (RCMP) and security (CSIS).

The CPC-S initiates all clearances. Validity for clearances is as indicated below.

Immigration: one year
Criminality: 18 months
Security: four years

janoo said:

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am not 36 Months category yet but will be arriving that category of honorable people soon :). So I thought I will poke my nose in this thread too.

So Balaji!, CIC told me that my app is assigned to officer on Jan 27th. So you are saying it takes around 4-5 months after officer assignment to get transferred to local office?

BalajiR said:
its only my guess that the background checks are done first..... there a couple of them on these forms who have got there oath invites within 4-5 months from the time their files were assigned to an officer. You can check with others who have got ATIPs. In the ATIP, it should show the date of clearance requested, valid date and expiration date......

BalajiR

Jan 11, 2014
Whitby, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yes Vinay. this is what I think I see on this forum.

Do you have the name of the office to who the file was assigned or know till when your clearances are valid?

My clearances expired and the renewal was initiated and file assigned to officer in Jan 2015.

thanks

vinaypuri said:
I am not 36 Months category yet but will be arriving that category of honorable people soon :). So I thought I will poke my nose in this thread too.

So Balaji!, CIC told me that my app is assigned to officer on Jan 27th. So you are saying it takes around 4-5 months after officer assignment to get transferred to local office?

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No I don't know the officer and about clearances. I called them once and they told me this but I did not ask for the other details.

Did you request ATIP for this info.?

BalajiR said:
yes Vinay. this is what I think I see on this forum.

Do you have the name of the office to who the file was assigned or know till when your clearances are valid?

My clearances expired and the renewal was initiated and file assigned to officer in Jan 2015.

thanks