+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

All those waiting for more than 36 months

Mary Chad

Jan 24, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats @ZYXWVU98 :)
@cancitz Status was updated last month saying"We sent you notice asking more information ....." but the letter Ecas
was referring to is the response which St Clair sent me after i did query at 36 months mark....

moti

Oct 24, 2012
congratulations zxywvu98,

the lawyer agreed to file writ after 32 weeks ? how much fee did you pay ?

ZYXWVU98

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
the lawyer used the processing time at the time you applied for citizenship as the rule of thumb. for me, the processing time when I applied for citizenship was 19 months. my waiting time was way over that. the total fee was 4k including tax. it was very straight forward. I went for consultation, lawyer spoke with me for 10 minutes, then his assistant helped me prepare the case. within two hours, all the working papers were ready. I paid the fees right away, the next day my file was dropped to the federal court.

oceankairouan

May 4, 2014
I also have a case from 30 October 2011 and got RQ 4 months after the test in Sept 2013 and sent it back in December 2013.

Since then I have heard nothing and they always tell me that my RQ is waiting to be reviewed by an agent and they can only send a message to my local office in Montreal, once my total time reach 36 months by the end of october 2014.

Do you think a Mandamus could help ? When I applied the current estimate was around 19 months.

Thanks

toronto0725

Jul 25, 2014
oceankairouan said:
I also have a case from 30 October 2011 and got RQ 4 months after the test in Sept 2013 and sent it back in December 2013.

Since then I have heard nothing and they always tell me that my RQ is waiting to be reviewed by an agent and they can only send a message to my local office in Montreal, once my total time reach 36 months by the end of october 2014.

Do you think a Mandamus could help ? When I applied the current estimate was around 19 months.

Thanks
Hello, can you please tell me what might be the reason for your RQ after the test ? what kind of question officer asked ?

egyo

Apr 24, 2012
36 months of pre-test RQ waiting so I am going to to file writ this month. Cost of the lawyer is $3500 but I hope it is well worth

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
egyo said:
36 months of pre-test RQ waiting so I am going to to file writ this month. Cost of the lawyer is $3500 but I hope it is well worth
Good luck and keep us updated....quite a few successful writs across several forums. Make sure your case/ residence proof is watertight.

oceankairouan

May 4, 2014
The interview went very well and the agent told me that I should receive soon an oath invitation after a final verification but instead I received a RQ and a long delay.

I Think the main reason for the RQ was the fact I was working abroad since 2012 and I just came to Canada to do the test and I have a very frequent travel history.

egyo

Apr 24, 2012
Hi Msafiri, Why quite a few successful cases? As per the case with Wldman office, 90% of the cases went well without the need for hearing etc. will keep you posted my mates in the same boat of unjustified delay :)

Msafiri said:
Good luck and keep us updated....quite a few successful writs across several forums. Make sure your case/ residence proof is watertight.

moti

Oct 24, 2012
Yeh, egyo keep us posted. best of luck. I hope all of us who are waiting for so long and stuck in this limbo get citizenship soon , :)

docrui

Apr 2, 2013
47months and counting.... contacted MP and they told the MP office they haven't gotten to my file yet it is still in process Winnipeg office . ( just waiting on Ceremony )

2010 sept applied
2011 sept sent to Winnipeg office
2012 Dec.... notice to appear for test
2013 Jan test ....passed
2013 Jan... RQ'ED

Outlook

Apr 6, 2012
Hi everyone,

just wanted to give you some insight into my case.This whole process has been a waiting game for me.

To give you an idea of my timeline:

Applied for Citizenship: December 2010
Processing: August 2011
Test: November 2011 (Received RQ after the test)
RQ sent : December 2011
Received form CIT 0520 (additional documents): November 2014
Update from CIC as of March 5th, 2015 : File has been transferred from St. Clair to Mississauga for the oath.

From my ATIP notes, I can see that an officer took a look at my file on 21st October 2014. That means from Nov 2011 to October 2014 my file was on a shelf somewhere rotting. That is an unthinkable amount of time to not have even been looked at.

Total waiting time: 52 months

Could it get any worse?