+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL SPOUSE APPEAL CASES COME HERE AND JOIN US PLZ

msrangi

Star Member
Apr 12, 2016
From what I've seen it can take between 1 to 3 months before you hear from them. The CIC agent told me it was 3 months, if im lucky 2 months. Today will be exactly 2 months from when Ottawa received our allowed application. Still waiting.
Thanks , I just wish I know the decision ..
I had complicated case, i was apne to prove my marriage genuine but still don’t know what desicion will be

mamadmama

Star Member
Sep 29, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 13th 2015
Doc's Request.
May 1st 2015..(Received May 20th 2015)
AOR Received.
April 8th 2015 ( sponsorship)
File Transfer...
June 4th (Decision made for SA)
Med's Request
May 1st upfront medical & more document
Med's Done....
June 12th 2015,Ecas changed to in process in Sept 2015
Interview........
Hopefully none,October 13th,requested for updated IMMM 0008 4& sponsor PIF,sent on Friday 16th.Package received on the 20th by AVO
Passport Req..
xxx
Please my people I have couple of questions regarding my family refusal case.They are as follows
1.which lawyers did you guys use that delivered results.I'm in Toronto.I need a strong lawyer for my family sponsorship appeal.Though I just requested for GCMS note to know why my wife was refused.I was sent "notice of appeal form " from the local visa office a day after I requested for GCMS note.So I need a strong lawyer please.
2.I learnt Jewish lawyers are extremely good.Please any idea?
3.May I know what their service charge is?
4.Or /better still, should I reply and forget the appeal process as this is the 2nd time they will refuse my wife.Our wedding is genuine. We submitted everything we needed to submit.I was approved here in Canada as a sponsor.Though I got PR via protected person status and my wife and kid were part of my story.So I don't think that should be the basis for refusing her.Please I need your advice.
5.When my wife for an interview in Accra visa office.It was stated to come along with all her original educational certificates. So she went there with all and she submitted them to the interviewer but at the end of the interview the officer asked to go and that she was still working on the documents. Those certificates were not returned.We thought they would request for her passport for visa and they would send the certificates back to us.Now that she was refused,how do we get all her certificates back as they are original and parts of her life.My wife is not happy about this.
Thanks in anticipation of your quick responses.
Hey,you need no lawyer if your marriage is real;all you have to do is to make sure you submit all proofs and letters of support from some of the ppl that attended your wedding.
In regards to her Certificate ,she needs to ask them however ,she is not supposed to leave her original documents with them,ask her to go get it back ASAP as they might misplaced it. Most of our pictures were not returned and they were sending me back and forth.
Sometimes, it's better to appeal than reapplying as it might be refused as well but an appeal will identify the reason for a refusal.
Goodluck.

bakanomics

Star Member
Feb 23, 2016
Hey,you need no lawyer if your marriage is real;all you have to do is to make sure you submit all proofs and letters of support from some of the ppl that attended your wedding.
In regards to her Certificate ,she needs to ask them however ,she is not supposed to leave her original documents with them,ask her to go get it back ASAP as they might misplaced it. Most of our pictures were not returned and they were sending me back and forth.
Sometimes, it's better to appeal than reapplying as it might be refused as well but an appeal will identify the reason for a refusal.
Goodluck.
Thanks so much

bakanomics

Star Member
Feb 23, 2016
Goodluck.
Moreover,if I don't need a lawyer and I have to file the appeal by self,pls

mamadmama

Star Member
Sep 29, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 13th 2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Hopefully none,October 13th,requested for updated IMMM 0008 4& sponsor PIF,sent on Friday 16th.Package received on the 20th by AVO
Passport Req..
xxx

mamadmama

Star Member
Sep 29, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 13th 2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
xxx

munimisu

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
16-12-2016
Good luck, since ADR is much shorter than a full hearing, my guess is they will be more focused on the concerns from the visa office. So study your appeal record carefully and address all of their concerns.
Thank you.
Unfortunately they didn't focus on the concerns raised by VO during my wife's interview. They went through how we met and developed our relationship and getting married. More like another interview. MC and ERO both were satisfied but they said they need to talk to my wife again, which can't be done in ADR. So I have option to go full hearing or withdraw appeal and resubmit.Basically in ADR they couldn't give decision.

I am so disappointed they went back full circle on this. I requested that I am present there to represent my wife and and answer any concerns, but they didn't even bother. Even when pointed out few critical mistakes made by VO regarding some timeline, MC ignored that as well. I don't know if its me or other people in forum have similar experience. I prepared everything to address concerns noted in case file, but whole conversion had nothing to address those concerns.

Any advise what is a better next step? Go for full hearing or re-submit? Thanks a lot.

JYC

Jan 5, 2016
Thank you.
Unfortunately they didn't focus on the concerns raised by VO during my wife's interview. They went through how we met and developed our relationship and getting married. More like another interview. MC and ERO both were satisfied but they said they need to talk to my wife again, which can't be done in ADR. So I have option to go full hearing or withdraw appeal and resubmit.Basically in ADR they couldn't give decision.

I am so disappointed they went back full circle on this. I requested that I am present there to represent my wife and and answer any concerns, but they didn't even bother. Even when pointed out few critical mistakes made by VO regarding some timeline, MC ignored that as well. I don't know if its me or other people in forum have similar experience. I prepared everything to address concerns noted in case file, but whole conversion had nothing to address those concerns.

Any advise what is a better next step? Go for full hearing or re-submit? Thanks a lot.
That is really unfortunate and I am sorry to hear about that. Apparently I think a few members on this forum got rejected at the ADR, for pretty much the same reason as you, they wanted to hear their spouses' story. Yes MC or IRB will never lay a finger on VO mistake, because VO doesn't bear the responsibility to have a legitimate reason to reject your sponsorship, it is all about preception. If the MC and ERO are satisfied about your story, most likely your wife just need to match up with your story at the full hearing in order to pass the appeal. However if you try to submit a new sponsorship, I heard unless you have some substantial evidence which is different from before (for example the birth of a child), otherwise most likely the VO will just reject you for the same reason. Maybe other members on this forum can shed some light on how you can proceed regarding a full hearing or a new submission.

Reactions: munimisu

JYC

Jan 5, 2016
So I contact IRB today they say no decision made and it could take up to 3 months.
It is quite normal to get a decision after 2-3 months especially in the summer, remember people love to take vacation in the summer and this might delay things for us. Pls stay positive, we all pray for you!

msrangi

Star Member
Apr 12, 2016
It is quite normal to get a decision after 2-3 months especially in the summer, remember people love to take vacation in the summer and this might delay things for us. Pls stay positive, we all pray for you!
Thanks you soo much , I just hope it’s a positive decision after the long wait, it’s one month already so I hope within 2 months

Thommo

Nov 20, 2010
Edmonton, Canada
Thank you.

My experience was very similar. MC didn’t talk about the issues raised by VO. He questioned me for one hour and then asked me to wait outside the room for their decision. After 45 minutes wait he told me that he would like to talk to my wife. I was upset on hearing this. He left immediately and ERO tried to console me. I thanked the ERO and left soon thereafter. Now I have full hearing in October. ADR conference was in June last year.
The impression I got after the ADR conference was that the outcome was predecided. There was no opportunity for me to influence it. It’s not for nothing that half of the ADR conferences don’t result in a decision. Isn’t number of cases going to IAD in one year fixed too?
It’s better to go for full hearing rather than reapplying. Most of the appeals are allowed whereas unless we have some convincing evidence that we didn’t submit along with the first application, new application will be refused again.

Reactions: munimisu

munimisu

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
16-12-2016
That is really unfortunate and I am sorry to hear about that. Apparently I think a few members on this forum got rejected at the ADR, for pretty much the same reason as you, they wanted to hear their spouses' story. Yes MC or IRB will never lay a finger on VO mistake, because VO doesn't bear the responsibility to have a legitimate reason to reject your sponsorship, it is all about preception. If the MC and ERO are satisfied about your story, most likely your wife just need to match up with your story at the full hearing in order to pass the appeal. However if you try to submit a new sponsorship, I heard unless you have some substantial evidence which is different from before (for example the birth of a child), otherwise most likely the VO will just reject you for the same reason. Maybe other members on this forum can shed some light on how you can proceed regarding a full hearing or a new submission.
Thank you. Yes, ERO and MC were very satisfied and they mentioned it multiple times that they have better impression on our case than before after talking to me and I have answered everything they wanted to hear. Also confirmed they don't have question for me. But they wont ask or let me explain any concern they have from my wife's interview. I thought the purpose of ADR is to address concerned raised and give me the opportunity to explain those, but for me that was not the case all.

You are right, they are not willing to even look at the errors and preconception of VO at ADR. Thanks for your reply.

balpunjabi

Star Member
Aug 30, 2015
Hi everyone
My husband is Canadian citizen my spousal sponsorship got refuse in nov 2016 n we appealed in March 2017 in Toronto so it’s almost 16 months we didn’t hear anything from IAD
Please anybody have any idea wts going on how long it will take for the hearing date