+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL SPOUSE APPEAL CASES COME HERE AND JOIN US PLZ

lalagirl

Feb 13, 2018
Hi guys. I have some questions. I hope you can help me. So my spouse got unfortunately rejected on may 7th. The reason because they didnt think the relation is real because I visited him only once after our wedding. I decided to appeal the decision. I sent the appeal and did speak with the responsible agent. He told me to show him proves and evidence that my husband is not in good conditions so they can prioritze my case. I would like to know if anyone is in similar situation. And also, what are the chances it goes to ADR instead of full hearing? And is it possible they approve it only with a letter because the agent said there are chances..

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi guys. I have some questions. I hope you can help me. So my spouse got unfortunately rejected on may 7th. The reason because they didnt think the relation is real because I visited him only once after our wedding. I decided to appeal the decision. I sent the appeal and did speak with the responsible agent. He told me to show him proves and evidence that my husband is not in good conditions so they can prioritze my case. I would like to know if anyone is in similar situation. And also, what are the chances it goes to ADR instead of full hearing? And is it possible they approve it only with a letter because the agent said there are chances..
To the best of my knowledge, they won't prioritize your case because your husband is not in a good condition. Your appeal timelines will be the same as anyone else. I'm sure someone else will comment to correct or confirm.

Good luck with your appeal...

munimisu

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
16-12-2016
My experience was very similar. MC didn’t talk about the issues raised by VO. He questioned me for one hour and then asked me to wait outside the room for their decision. After 45 minutes wait he told me that he would like to talk to my wife. I was upset on hearing this. He left immediately and ERO tried to console me. I thanked the ERO and left soon thereafter. Now I have full hearing in October. ADR conference was in June last year.
The impression I got after the ADR conference was that the outcome was predecided. There was no opportunity for me to influence it. It’s not for nothing that half of the ADR conferences don’t result in a decision. Isn’t number of cases going to IAD in one year fixed too?
It’s better to go for full hearing rather than reapplying. Most of the appeals are allowed whereas unless we have some convincing evidence that we didn’t submit along with the first application, new application will be refused again.
Sorry to hear you had similar experience. It was predetermined, MC came with notes, but didnt ask me anything from there. ERO and MC both were satisfied, but MC said he is satisfied with my answer, but need to talk to my wife, which can only happen in full hearing.

Thanks for your suggestion, I am thinking the same to continue the appeal process to go full hearing. Its just still so many years ahead of us :( MC mentioned something about he talked to the VO before my ADR and she said something, based on that he can't give decision in ADR. I am wondering if the VO is actively trying to sabotage the appeal process. MC couldn't share anything, saying its confidential. Its my application, didn't understand why hide information from me.

Thanks for your reply and suggestion.

Jul 2, 2018
Hi everyone
My husband is Canadian citizen my spousal sponsorship got refuse in nov 2016 n we appealed in March 2017 in Toronto so it’s almost 16 months we didn’t hear anything from IAD
Please anybody have any idea wts going on how long it will take for the hearing date
Hi everyone
My husband is Canadian citizen my spousal sponsorship got refuse in nov 2016 n we appealed in March 2017 in Toronto so it’s almost 16 months we didn’t hear anything from IAD
Please anybody have any idea wts going on how long it will take for the hearing date
hi

my experience is very similar because my spouse sponsorship refused in may 2017 we appealed in June 1

Davinson

Jun 5, 2018
You won't hear anything from them until they set a day for your hearing which is usually between 20-24 months. Just make sure you keep communicating with the appeal board person who is in charge of your file . Good luck
Hi everyone

Davinson

Jun 5, 2018
Yes I think if there are genuine proof that your husband is not in a good condition it may help prioritize your case. However even if it's priotized it may still take up to two years to complete the whole process so be prepared

Thommo

Nov 20, 2010
Edmonton, Canada
My hearing is in October. Around same time i have an important family event. If my wife applies for visit visa for attending the event, what are the chances of success? I personally think they will reject the application until spousal sponsorship appeal isn't allowed. Anyone gone through similar experience?

FS2018

Jun 21, 2018
Interview........
13-06-2017
My hearing is in October. Around same time i have an important family event. If my wife applies for visit visa for attending the event, what are the chances of success? I personally think they will reject the application until spousal sponsorship appeal isn't allowed. Anyone gone through similar experience?
I was pregnant and alone here was trying to get my husband here before delivery with visitor visa while our hearing date was about to get set up trust me i gave them all kind of letters from doctors and obstetrician still MP told me that they won't even grant him visitor visa until the spousal file is not decided. I was very disappointed that he couldn't be around me at delivery and missed all those important once in a lifetime moments when our son was born. Our ADR was allowed in May still waiting for him yo be here with us. They seriously dont prioritize any situation i suffered alot.

Reactions: Ana Paula
M

mikeymyke

I was pregnant and alone here was trying to get my husband here before delivery with visitor visa while our hearing date was about to get set up trust me i gave them all kind of letters from doctors and obstetrician still MP told me that they won't even grant him visitor visa until the spousal file is not decided. I was very disappointed that he couldn't be around me at delivery and missed all those important once in a lifetime moments when our son was born. Our ADR was allowed in May still waiting for him yo be here with us. They seriously dont prioritize any situation i suffered alot.
A visitor visa is only given to those who demonstrate they will only be in Canada temporarily, and will leave before the visa expires. Having a spousal application under appeal, a wife and a child in Canada, those things make it very likely your husband will not leave Canada.

JYC

Jan 5, 2016
I think it is worth a try to apply for a travel visa if there had been some sort of good travel record of your spouse visiting other 1st world countries like the US, England, Australia etc. In their eyes if your spouse had already been granted a travel visa from other 1st world countries before, it is less likely he/she won't return to their home country. Otherwise it is quite hard to obtain a trv to Canada after your sponsorship had been rejected.

Last edited:

JYC

Jan 5, 2016
To the best of my knowledge, they won't prioritize your case because your husband is not in a good condition. Your appeal timelines will be the same as anyone else. I'm sure someone else will comment to correct or confirm.

Good luck with your appeal...
From what I learned from the other appeal forum, there had been a case in Vancouver where the sponsor had been in a car accident and was granted a full hearing in around 3 months after the appeal had been filed. But he got a really good lawyer, his lawyer charge by the hour; I think it cost him like $15000 for winning the appeal and his appeal was allowed on spot.

Reactions: karamjeetkaur kaila

Thommo

Nov 20, 2010
Edmonton, Canada
Thanks for your reply. Sorry to know about your case. I wish you are able to join with your husband soon.
It's useless trying to get TRV in our situation as the system is broken and there is no attempt to fix it. Liberals have done no better than cons.

Reactions: FS2018 and munimisu

munimisu

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
16-12-2016
Thanks for your reply. Sorry to know about your case. I wish you are able to join with your husband soon.
It's useless trying to get TRV in our situation as the system is broken and there is no attempt to fix it. Liberals have done no better than cons.
You are right, commitment for family reunification is a smoke and mirror. People from certain countries (US, UK etc.) are seeing super fast resolution and that's what liberals are using to show they fixed the delay on family reunification. Countries which had long delay are continuing to see same timelines. Before liberal gov, processing time for my country was 23 month and after new process we are already closer to 20 month now. So where's the improvement!

I am going to raise hell with PM, Immigration Minister, MP and news paper. I encourage you do same. Until we make enough noise nobody will care.