+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL SPOUSE APPEAL CASES COME HERE AND JOIN US PLZ

tamyeh

Star Member
Sep 5, 2016
to call for the hearing and 2 to 3 years?
I'm not sure what you mean, if you mean how long it takes until you get a hearing after you get your blue book? Anywhere from five months to over a year. They will always tell you what happens next, so at some point you will receive a letter letting you know that they will be phoning you to schedule either a hearing or ADR. From getting blue book to receiving that call it seems like the average wait time is 4-5 months.

Reactions: Ana Paula

Ana Paula

Star Member
Jul 21, 2017
TORONTO
Category........
I'm not sure what you mean, if you mean how long it takes until you get a hearing after you get your blue book? Anywhere from five months to over a year. They will always tell you what happens next, so at some point you will receive a letter letting you know that they will be phoning you to schedule either a hearing or ADR. From getting blue book to receiving that call it seems like the average wait time is 4-5 months.
I am very happy to know this, because I received my blue book in July, so my hearing should be coming .. thanks

Reactions: Alicee

TRISHGD

Apr 14, 2016
Brampton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
02-02-2016
Doc's Request.
26-07-2016 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14-04-2016
File Transfer...
21-04-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
05-10-2015 (extended until July 25,2017)
Interview........
24-11-2016
Passport Req..
24-11-2016 (arrived @ KVO on 04-12-2016)
Hey guys, been mia for a bit because of working and life in general.

-- so my husband and i got denied December 23 of last year
-- we sent in our appeal in January
-- July fourth we got our blue book
-- Bute yesterday i got a voicemail stating "I am calling from the immigration appeal division, just want to inform you that your sponsorship appeal has been scheduled for November 16 @ 1pm. Please call back to confirm that i have gotten the message ".

So I have 4 questions

1. I wanted to know if this is like a pre-hearing or if this is the date where a decision will be made.
2. will i get a letter in the mail
3. also in the documents that i got in July i only have the address of CBSA. aren't i suppose to be sending my evidence to two division if so, where can I find the address
4. will they interview my husband again and if so how?

looking for as much help as possible

MaryL

Apr 24, 2014
Land of Living Skies
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
30-10-14
AOR Received.
22-01-15
File Transfer...
27-01-15
Med's Done....
28-08-14 Redone 25-07-17
Interview........
21-05-15 DM 10-08-17
Passport Req..
05-10-17
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-17
LANDED..........
14-10-17

-- Bute yesterday i got a voicemail stating "I am calling from the immigration appeal division, just want to inform you that your sponsorship appeal has been scheduled for November 16 @ 1pm. Please call back to confirm that i have gotten the message ".

So I have 4 questions

1. I wanted to know if this is like a pre-hearing or if this is the date where a decision will be made.
3. also in the documents that i got in July i only have the address of CBSA. aren't i suppose to be sending my evidence to two division if so, where can I find the address

Sorry you guys were refused, it's the worst feeling. But you can win appeal.
This is your appeal, reply and tell them you will be there.
You will be receiving a summons in the mail.
You need to work on preparing your proof of relationship. This includes photos, boarding passes, join bank accounts or any of the like. Shared financial dependence. Such as money gram, western union. However I did not include ours. Phone bills, some printouts of skype/messenger conversations.
You need to answer to refusal reasons. What are they? Make 3 copies. One for yourself and one for CSBA and one for the IAD in the region your under. You have 20 days I believe to submit your evidence or they won't accept it. Also you need 2- 60 min calling cards. To call your husband, or if he with you list him as a witness and attend hearing together. Sometimes they don't call. Its good for more testimony. I would suggest you read back about a year or so in this thread. You will learn alot from that. There is a list of about 64 questions that ppl say be prepared fo both of you to answer. They won't ask all but some important ones. If you can't find them, do a search. I should be able to inbox you maybe tomorrow.
I will also inbox you the contact addresses and phone numbers of all Regions for IAD. And you can take notice of yours.

MaryL

Apr 24, 2014
Land of Living Skies
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
30-10-14
AOR Received.
22-01-15
File Transfer...
27-01-15
Med's Done....
28-08-14 Redone 25-07-17
Interview........
21-05-15 DM 10-08-17
Passport Req..
05-10-17
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-17
LANDED..........
14-10-17

So I have 4 questions

http://www.irb-cisr.gc.ca/Eng/ImmApp/pages/IadSai.aspx
There's great info on here about appeals. Also you will all the Appeal Divisions contact info, find your province there.
Good luck

ismaeel

Jul 26, 2017
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
June-2018
Same time line as mine...i got bbook in 25th july and i hope i hear from them soon

Soulmatestory

Star Member
Feb 4, 2017
When you call to confirm maybe they can let you know if it is ADR or Full Hearing. That way you know how much you have to prepare (i.e witnesses etc) I am praying that you get ADR. I got some feedback and was told if you get ADR focus on proving that the visa officer's concerns are wrong. Have as much proof as possible for those concerns - include a timeline of your relationship if you did not do that in your original sponsorship package. Don't overwhelm them with too much information. Also show how you have combined your lives after the refusal.

I also suggest that you go on Canlii.org and read some cases. The formats are all similar regarding what they look for to prove appeal is allowed :)

Best of luck!

Reactions: Alicee

TRISHGD

Apr 14, 2016
Brampton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
02-02-2016
Doc's Request.
26-07-2016 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14-04-2016
File Transfer...
21-04-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Interview........
24-11-2016
Passport Req..
Sorry you guys were refused, it's the worst feeling. But you can win appeal.
This is your appeal, reply and tell them you will be there.
You will be receiving a summons in the mail.
You need to work on preparing your proof of relationship. This includes photos, boarding passes, join bank accounts or any of the like. Shared financial dependence. Such as money gram, western union. However I did not include ours. Phone bills, some printouts of skype/messenger conversations.
You need to answer to refusal reasons. What are they? Make 3 copies. One for yourself and one for CSBA and one for the IAD in the region your under. You have 20 days I believe to submit your evidence or they won't accept it. Also you need 2- 60 min calling cards. To call your husband, or if he with you list him as a witness and attend hearing together. Sometimes they don't call. Its good for more testimony. I would suggest you read back about a year or so in this thread. You will learn alot from that. There is a list of about 64 questions that ppl say be prepared fo both of you to answer. They won't ask all but some important ones. If you can't find them, do a search. I should be able to inbox you maybe tomorrow.
I will also inbox you the contact addresses and phone numbers of all Regions for IAD. And you can take notice of yours.

Thank you for such information. you are just simply amazing and helpful

TRISHGD

Apr 14, 2016
Brampton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
02-02-2016
Doc's Request.
26-07-2016 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14-04-2016
File Transfer...
21-04-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Interview........
24-11-2016
Passport Req..
When you call to confirm maybe they can let you know if it is ADR or Full Hearing. That way you know how much you have to prepare (i.e witnesses etc) I am praying that you get ADR. I got some feedback and was told if you get ADR focus on proving that the visa officer's concerns are wrong. Have as much proof as possible for those concerns - include a timeline of your relationship if you did not do that in your original sponsorship package. Don't overwhelm them with too much information. Also show how you have combined your lives after the refusal.

I also suggest that you go on Canlii.org and read some cases. The formats are all similar regarding what they look for to prove appeal is allowed :)

Best of luck!

Thank you

tamyeh

Star Member
Sep 5, 2016

So I have 4 questions

1 and 2. Don't forget to call to confirm, and that way you can also ask all the questions you have. Considering you got your blue book in July, I'm inclined to believe this is a scheduling call and not your hearing, afaik they call you to let you know how the hearing or ADR works before they book anything, ask if you need interpreters and help you with any questions you have, they don't book hearings without doing that first, unless it changed recently. You should get a letter in the mail regardless, but I'd strongly recommend you call them anyway.
3. When you filed your appeal you most likely got a letter in the mail back containing all the instructions from the IAD, they send you a printout explaining how appeals work, how to disclose evidence and all the addresses for the IAD offices across Canada, if you didn't receive that, I highly recommend you ask them to mail that to you when you phone them.
4.Your husband will be a witness if you so desire. If your husband is currently with you in Canada, he can come to the hearing (if it's a full hearing) and be a witness. If it's ADR there's no witnesses. If your husband is not with you, you can buy calling cards and have him as a witness just like you would if he was present, they'll call him during the hearing instead. That information is also available in the Information Guide you received when the IAD acknowledged your appeal. If you no longer have this, it's similar to the one available here: http://www.irb-cisr.gc.ca/Eng/BoaCom/references/procedures/Pages/InfoGuideIndex.aspx

Reactions: MaryL

MaryL

Apr 24, 2014
Land of Living Skies
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
30-10-14
AOR Received.
22-01-15
File Transfer...
27-01-15
Med's Done....
28-08-14 Redone 25-07-17
Interview........
21-05-15 DM 10-08-17
Passport Req..
05-10-17
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-17
LANDED..........
14-10-17
hi Mrs.Maryl. it,s so informative link from you. but want to know some thing about before the blue book we able to submittable our evidence those are helpful before our appeal..
I myself didn't submit any ecidence. Until just before appeal. Do you think you should wait til you get blue book? Maybe another member can add some of their experience. Do you know what the bb will say? Do you have great proof to answer to refusal reasons?

PREETI KINGRANI

Jul 13, 2017
living in india
Category........
Visa Office......
delhi
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
mar-22-2017
AOR Received.
may-08-2017
File Transfer...
25-aprl-2017
Med's Request
aprl-11-2017
hii.. maryl.. my file is in delhi medical and everything is already done they are doing some security checking as what we came to know from MP office,so pls suggest me, me & my hsuband meeting dis 5th Oct in other counrty, so if i concevied baby is dis effect on my documents for immigrant, bcz someone just suggested to my husband if i get pregnant then they fastest the procedure so is it true dear??? m confused in dis bcz as per my knwldge they will reject my file... so pls suggest me

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
hii.. maryl.. my file is in delhi medical and everything is already done they are doing some security checking as what we came to know from MP office,so pls suggest me, me & my hsuband meeting dis 5th Oct in other counrty, so if i concevied baby is dis effect on my documents for immigrant, bcz someone just suggested to my husband if i get pregnant then they fastest the procedure so is it true dear??? m confused in dis bcz as per my knwldge they will reject my file... so pls suggest me

No that is not true because ircc and cic would consider it child of convenience. You see ircc and cic do not work that way

tamyeh

Star Member
Sep 5, 2016
I can't give you legal advice because I'm not a lawyer so take this as my personal opinion. I don't know if you are the sponsor or if you are being sponsored but you may want to wait 'til you and your husband are settled and all of this is behind you before you start your family, you are in the last stages anyway, so it's not like you will be waiting years before you guys are together for good. There's not much you can do to make the process go faster, and if you do get pregnant, you will have to let them know, especially if you end up having your baby outside of Canada, if you don't tell them about your child, you can no longer sponsor them (should they be born outside of Canada).