+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL SPOUSE APPEAL CASES COME HERE AND JOIN US PLZ

mr chuahdary

Jul 29, 2017
I myself didn't submit any ecidence. Until just before appeal. Do you think you should wait til you get blue book? Maybe another member can add some of their experience. Do you know what the bb will say? Do you have great proof to answer to refusal reasons?
in the end of the interviewers note he mention about what kind of evidence he were expecting by us during interview and he clearly mention he want our fb chat history until marriage time. and the phone history that attested by the phone company.
that we wish to send them early before the blue book

Reactions: Alicee

NEHA_86

Mar 27, 2017
Hi I am currently living in India. my wife And daughter got the pr this month for Ontario and after landing next month, PR card will be issued in 45 days and then I will apply for spouse visa so that one of us can work and other one can take care of the kid as my daughter is currently one year old only. so i would like to know from this forum that

first - how much time it will take to get the spouse visa and what is the procedure for apply the same?

Second- is it compulsory that my wife have to work there first and then only I can apply for spouse visa?

Third- after applying for spouse visa can I get temperory work permit till the time my file is in process?

thanks and regards

tamyeh

Star Member
Sep 5, 2016
Hi I am currently living in India. my wife And daughter got the pr this month for Ontario and after landing next month, PR card will be issued in 45 days and then I will apply for spouse visa so that one of us can work and other one can take care of the kid as my daughter is currently one year old only. so i would like to know from this forum that

first - how much time it will take to get the spouse visa and what is the procedure for apply the same?

Second- is it compulsory that my wife have to work there first and then only I can apply for spouse visa?

Third- after applying for spouse visa can I get temperory work permit till the time my file is in process?

thanks and regards
1)The processing time for spouse or common-law partner living outside of Canada is around 12 months. They have made changes to the sponsorship program so now whether you apply inland or outland the processing time is the same.
2)In order for your wife to be approved as a sponsor she needs to have income, when she applies to sponsor you, she'll sign an undertaking, promising to give financial support for the basic needs of you and any dependents, that means that she'll need to show that she can provide for those needs.
3)If you come to Canada with your wife and you apply inland you can get a work permit while you wait for your application to be processed. If you apply outland, you cannot get one unless you come to Canada on your own terms and get a work permit.

Afaik your wife didn't need to wait to get permanent resident status in order to sponsor you. When you apply for an immigration program you can process your other family members as dependents before you immigrate.

NEHA_86

Mar 27, 2017
Thanks for t
1)The processing time for spouse or common-law partner living outside of Canada is around 12 months. They have made changes to the sponsorship program so now whether you apply inland or outland the processing time is the same.
2)In order for your wife to be approved as a sponsor she needs to have income, when she applies to sponsor you, she'll sign an undertaking, promising to give financial support for the basic needs of you and any dependents, that means that she'll need to show that she can provide for those needs.
3)If you come to Canada with your wife and you apply inland you can get a work permit while you wait for your application to be processed. If you apply outland, you cannot get one unless you come to Canada on your own terms and get a work permit.

Afaik your wife didn't need to wait to get permanent resident status in order to sponsor you. When you apply for an immigration program you can process your other family members as dependents before you immigrate.
Thanks for the clarification now understood few more question if you can answer it will be great help for me

1. While applying for my and daughter for PR in file I have mentioned that due to my official commitment with my current organisation I am not appplying for PR but will definitely join my wife later.
Will it decrease processing time or it will remain same as I have already declared earlier and considering I am also a post grad according to Canadian education system. And have job code which is very much there.

2. We already have sufficient funds to show that we can take care of ourself even for one year without job.

3. As my kid is only one year old. Is it possible if we land for week get the card for my wife and kid go back to home country and apply for my dependent visa and once granted we can come back to canada and settle there.

Thanks

tamyeh

Star Member
Sep 5, 2016
Thanks for t

Thanks for the clarification now understood few more question if you can answer it will be great help for me

1. While applying for my and daughter for PR in file I have mentioned that due to my official commitment with my current organisation I am not appplying for PR but will definitely join my wife later.
Will it decrease processing time or it will remain same as I have already declared earlier and considering I am also a post grad according to Canadian education system. And have job code which is very much there.

2. We already have sufficient funds to show that we can take care of ourself even for one year without job.

3. As my kid is only one year old. Is it possible if we land for week get the card for my wife and kid go back to home country and apply for my dependent visa and once granted we can come back to canada and settle there.

Thanks
Unfortunately there's no way to decrease the processing times, all applications are treated the same regardless of the applicant's situation.
As per CIC's eligibility criteria, you can’t sponsor someone if you are a permanent resident living outside Canada, so your wife cannot land and then move back to her country to sponsor you. Here's the basic guide containing eligibility criteria: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5525ETOC.asp#before

tamyeh

Star Member
Sep 5, 2016
Aw man, I got my CoPR and there's some wrong info on it :(, I thought I was done with all of this. The errors are minimal, last entry and original date of entry as well as marital status are wrong, but I'm gonna land anyway, I've read mixed reviews, a lot of people landing and then amending, some people saying to amend before landing, I can see getting it fixed if it's something serious like a misspelled name or wrong date of birth. I can't wait six months for them to process an application to amend this, I'll amend it after I land I guess, wish me luck!

VG73

Star Member
Jul 7, 2015
Hongkong
Visa Office......
Hk.
App. Filed.......
1-10-2014
Med's Request
21-08-2017
Med's Done....
28-08-2017
Aw man, I got my CoPR and there's some wrong info on it :(, I thought I was done with all of this. The errors are minimal, last entry and original date of entry as well as marital status are wrong, but I'm gonna land anyway, I've read mixed reviews, a lot of people landing and then amending, some people saying to amend before landing, I can see getting it fixed if it's something serious like a misspelled name or wrong date of birth. I can't wait six months for them to process an application to amend this, I'll amend it after I land I guess, wish me luck!
Good luck tamyeh..

Reactions: tamyeh

VG73

Star Member
Jul 7, 2015
Hongkong
Visa Office......
Hk.
App. Filed.......
1-10-2014
Med's Request
21-08-2017
Med's Done....
28-08-2017
Good luck tamyeh..

MaryL

Apr 24, 2014
Land of Living Skies
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
30-10-14
AOR Received.
22-01-15
File Transfer...
27-01-15
Med's Done....
28-08-14 Redone 25-07-17
Interview........
21-05-15 DM 10-08-17
Passport Req..
05-10-17
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-17
LANDED..........
14-10-17
Best of luck!

maddyd2000

Star Member
May 27, 2015
I'm a bit confused, but I'm assuming you have permanent resident status in Canada (but do not currently live here) since you need either that or to be a citizen in order to sponsor family members. You shouldn't have a problem getting a TRV to bring your children with you if that's the case. In the event that it does get denied unfortunately there is not much you can do. Did your application get denied because you've lived outside of Canada for too long and they didn't have enough evidence of your intent to move?
I am canadiam citizen been living in pakistan for too long and since my husband has a well setttled bsinesa here they think we will.not be moving and those are JUST assumptions.
Yes i need visa for my children to visit there for a month should i juat apply

maddyd2000

Star Member
May 27, 2015
I'm a bit confused, but I'm assuming you have permanent resident status in Canada (but do not currently live here) since you need either that or to be a citizen in order to sponsor family members. You shouldn't have a problem getting a TRV to bring your children with you if that's the case. In the event that it does get denied unfortunately there is not much you can do. Did your application get denied because you've lived outside of Canada for too long and they didn't have enough evidence of your intent to move?
Yes we didnt have enough evidence to show tht we want to move to canada juat because my husband has a well.settled business in pakistan and they thought we dont have enough ties in canada.
I need to visit as soon as possible to kickstart my settlement plans so tht i have enough proof to show to.them
And want my children to accompany me. Who need a visa to visit
Also please tell me what kind of evidemces should i gather as they dont need any proofs regarding our relation.the officer clearly mentioned to me that the GOOD part abt our interview was that we were in a 100% genuine relation. Now what do i need to show them my intent ? She refusee us just because my hsuabnd hadnt done a lot of research for his business. How are we supposed to do research living 100000 miles away from that place.
Also how will i know that i am selectes dor ADR or a full hearing ? Is my case complicated enough to be selevted for a full hearing ? I dont think so!

Last edited:

maddyd2000

Star Member
May 27, 2015
I am awaiting replies so i can begin my work to represnt myself in the appeal.
What evidence should i gather to show tht i intent to move ?

tamyeh

Star Member
Sep 5, 2016
Yes we didnt have enough evidence to show tht we want to move to canada juat because my husband has a well.settled business in pakistan and they thought we dont have enough ties in canada.
I need to visit as soon as possible to kickstart my settlement plans so tht i have enough proof to show to.them
And want my children to accompany me. Who need a visa to visit
Also please tell me what kind of evidemces should i gather as they dont need any proofs regarding our relation.the officer clearly mentioned to me that the GOOD part abt our interview was that we were in a 100% genuine relation. Now what do i need to show them my intent ? She refusee us just because my hsuabnd hadnt done a lot of research for his business. How are we supposed to do research living 100000 miles away from that place.
Also how will i know that i am selectes dor ADR or a full hearing ? Is my case complicated enough to be selevted for a full hearing ? I dont think so!
Your case is different from the usual sponsorship cases because you are a Canadian living abroad, so I can't tell you whether you'll get ADR or a full hearing, in my opinion this seems something simple enough to be solved via ADR, but only the IAD will be able to tell you that. As for proof, there are a few things you could do to help your case, I understand your husband resigning his position is probably out of question because nobody wants to quit their job until they are very close to moving, but both of you could get a notarized letter of your intent to move, this is a statutory declaration of your intent to move, a simple typed/handwritten letter will not do here, CIC needs notarized documents, it shows you are serious about the matter. If you have family in Canada, get them to vouch for you two by writing letters, if you are staying at one of your family's members place when you first come, have some form of written agreement with them where they state they'll let you stay at their place until you two get your own place. You can also get any friends or family that you have in Canada to write in their letters that they agree to be contacted by CIC/CPC to vouch for you. As for research, it is understandable that they would expect you two to do research, any person that has intent to move looks up the place they are moving to, they do job searches, real estate searches etc. even from abroad, they want you to show that you have been planning this. If your husband applies for a job in the city you two are planning on moving to, whether he gets refused or not, print the response letters you get from the companies, print your searches by screenshotting them, send them copies of the cover letters he uses stating he's willing to relocate. If you are planning on buying a house, contact various sellers in the area you want to move to, print their responses, and print your e-mails to them, even print your searches.
You said you were coming over before your husband gets his PR, if you start to settle, any document you get after that will be a big help. Once you are here, whether you buy a house or you rent a place, you can easily get photocopies of those papers, that should help since they already know your marriage is genuine, which means you wouldn't move if your husband had no intention of moving too.

Last edited:
Reactions: VG73

MaryL

Apr 24, 2014
Land of Living Skies
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
30-10-14
AOR Received.
22-01-15
File Transfer...
27-01-15
Med's Done....
28-08-14 Redone 25-07-17
Interview........
21-05-15 DM 10-08-17
Passport Req..
05-10-17
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-17
LANDED..........
14-10-17
Also a huge thing is what schools or daycare your children can attend. Is there a church or Mosque in the community you choose?

AzamanRums

Star Member
Feb 25, 2017
At last....... yesterday we win our ADR !!!:):):) It took only 20 minutes to make the decision!! My wife had an ADR in Calgary AB. We got married Dec 2012, applied 2013 september, refused interview in Dhaka sept 2016,and took 5 years to make it, so keep passions and be positive. Alhamdulillah we r so happyyyyy, Now waiting for Medical.