+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

All Pakistanis join this thread

Adil Sulehri

Nov 1, 2012
Vancouver
- applied on 2nd October - VFS Karachi - upfront medical
- passport dispatched today (30th October)

I have invited my elder brother on the occasion of my graduation ceremony, will let you know whatever the outcome is.

shy_guy

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2014
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
11-08-2014
Med's Request
11-08-2014
Med's Done....
10-09-2014
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
29-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-07-2015
lucky boy said:
Guys i was filling forms for visit visa. And i saw that family information form for pakistan is different than any other country. In pakistan form they are not asking about detail of brothers and sisters. Guys which form to submit in visa application please guide
Use the One where the APPLICANTS resides..If the applicant lives in Pakistan, use the Pakistan forms..hope it helps.
all the best!

Hschinoy

Nov 2, 2015
Hi,

I need help. I am a graduate student in Canada. My wife had applied for Visitors visa to come to Canada on 3rd August 2015. She got a refusal on 30th October 2015. This is what the refusal letter stated:

"You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee."

The point highlighted or on which further documents are required is:
"You have not provided sufficient documentation to support your / your host's income and assets."

Now we are planning to reapply. So please can anyone guide what documents are required to sufficiently satisfy the above reservation mentioned in the letter.

Regards.

Adil Sulehri

Nov 1, 2012
Vancouver
Hschinoy said:
Hi,

I need help. I am a graduate student in Canada. My wife had applied for Visitors visa to come to Canada on 3rd August 2015. She got a refusal on 30th October 2015. This is what the refusal letter stated:

"You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee."

"You have not provided sufficient documentation to support your / your host's income and assets."

Now we are planning to reapply. So please can anyone guide what documents are required to sufficiently satisfy the above reservation mentioned in the letter.

Regards.
Sorry to hear that, you need to show:

1 - your bank statement and/or yours wife
2 - Property evaluation of your wife (it can be many things, agricultural land, plot, residential home, business)

I think if you can do that, you are good to go.

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
Hschinoy said:
Hi,

Regards.
The best and strong documentation to support your / your host's income and assets can be:-
1) the applicant's bank statement having good amount in savings/balance and must have a genuine cash flow coming in the account AND a document to prove the source of the cash flow is very important.
2) any assets the applicant have/own (assets which generate income is more worth to mention)
3) if the applicant is doing JOB/business then it can be the prove of source of income and a good tie to her country.

as far as you ( the host) you can submit your (if you are earning some income)
1) your job documents
2) pay slips of previous 2,3 months
3) your bank statement with a good amount in savings.

rule of thumb is that provide more documents of the applicant to prove that the applicant is financially stable and have good reasons to return back.

hope it helps

Hschinoy

Nov 2, 2015
Hi Adil,

Thanks for the reply.

I did show my Canadian Bank account which had around CAD 18,000. But maybe I need to show my jobs as well which I am doing at university which I did not show at that time as I had none. Plus my scholarship letter along with my pay stubs.

As for the property me and my wife we both have none. Whatever property is there its of our parents. So maybe my parents can give an affidavit that I am the legal heir to all the properties which they have. Will that work as well?.

Thanks again.

Regards

Hschinoy

Nov 2, 2015
Hi Kriv,

My wife is a house wife who has just finished her studies so she does not have a job right now. She has a basic bank account which are her savings. So does that mean you need to have a job to stand a chance for a visitor visa?

Also CIC has not raised objection on whether she will return back or not. The reservation which I mentioned is the the only point which they have raised.

Thanks for your help.

Regards.

Adil Sulehri

Nov 1, 2012
Vancouver
Hschinoy said:
Hi Adil,

Thanks for the reply.

I did show my Canadian Bank account which had around CAD 18,000. But maybe I need to show my jobs as well which I am doing at university which I did not show at that time as I had none. Plus my scholarship letter along with my pay stubs.

As for the property me and my wife we both have none. Whatever property is there its of our parents. So maybe my parents can give an affidavit that I am the legal heir to all the properties which they have. Will that work as well?.

Thanks again.

Regards

Oh sorry man, I just saw that you had applied for visitor visa, almost in 90% cases people have the same result.
You need to apply for open work permit for your wife, there is detailed information on UBC forum + you can have a letter from your professor as well, I have one from my friends professor, she is here and they have a baby girl as well :)

It takes more then 6 months but majority of the people have got spouse visa and it's advisable as well, hope it works now.

Hschinoy

Nov 2, 2015
The PDF document which UBC has uploaded also shows that spouse application after arrival in Canada.
But for open work permit what documents are needed because on the website very limited documents are mentioned.

Regards,

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
Hschinoy said:
Hi Kriv,

My wife is a house wife who has just finished her studies so she does not have a job right now. She has a basic bank account which are her savings. So does that mean you need to have a job to stand a chance for a visitor visa?

Also CIC has not raised objection on whether she will return back or not. The reservation which I mentioned is the the only point which they have raised.

Thanks for your help.

Regards.
you must understand the point that your wife is the visa applicant not you. As a host you must had provided your documents but they are not of that importance/weight. As your wife is the principal applicant so she must demonstrate that she meets the requirements.
CIC mentioned "You have not provided sufficient documentation to support your / your host's income and assets."
so the bold word "your" is the key to the visa and "your host's" will just add an extra strength. BUT remember the applicant's personal documents carries the most weight because it is the applicant who is accessed not the the person who the applicant will be visiting in Canada(the host).

So my advice will be to re-apply with strong documents of your wife. Her bank statement with savings will have a good impact on her application. i wont recommend to re-apply instantly as it may lead to a refusal if she is unable to prove that her circumstances (financial) have changed since she last applied. so better to wait for few months and let her bank statement reflect good savings and good cash flow.

and also consider Adil Sulehri's advice regarding work permit..

best of luck

shy_guy

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2014
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
11-08-2014
Med's Request
11-08-2014
Med's Done....
10-09-2014
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
29-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-07-2015
Hschinoy said:
Hi,

Regards.
Below is my earlier post, perhaps it may benefit you....

I just want to share some suggestions for TRV applicants/sponsor bases on my/fellows opinions that might help them to obtain TRV with less hassle.

TRV obtainment = Honesty + Proof of Fund + Good reason+ Dependent in Pakistan + Travel History + No Criminal record + LUCK

A- Be honest in the invitation letter. State the purpose clearly and be concise. 1 page cover letter is enough.

B- Convince the Visa officer that Applicant is willing to go back to Pakistan, after the temporary stay.
B.1- Now this can be done by showing that the Applicant has secure funds and some dependents to take care in Pakistan.

If you address B.1 properly, odds to get acceptance are higher....

attaching too many extra documents hinders the VO and make this simple process more complicated.

C- Paper or Online? well both are the same. Same VO/embassy will deal with them.

D- atleast 1000 or 2000 dollar per week? well, certainly a bench mark for proof of funds is more than 1000 dollar per week.

E- 75% Rejection rate? yes visit visas family have the highest rejection. If its a business tour or short conference tour, chances are much higher

F- Travel history? Its fancy , but you cant do much about it, can you?

G- Criminal record and medical? No criminal record or high level medical severity a MUST for TRV.

lastly, I say, Unfortunately, the net immigration rate of Pakistan is negative, therefore getting a VISA is always down to 50-50, even if the documentations are all valid and complete

All the luck!

Hashipk

Jun 29, 2015
Faisalabad, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Soon
Med's Request
Upfront: 21-10-2015
Hy Guys,
Can someone help me,
My brother in Canada from last 9 years have own business of taxi, have own house and we applied for parents visitor visa with multiple entry system.
even my brother have attached paid insurance paper also with application but they have rejected and write reason that they not satisfied that our parents will back to Pakistan, my parents age more than 60, i dont know why they reject even we attached bank statement from our father as well from one brother in Pakistan who is National bank goverment employee.
if someone applied for successful parents visitor visa, kindly Inbox me procedure.

Tairy

Nov 8, 2015
Hi All,

I am going to Pakistan on 16th November 2015 and returning on 15th Decemeber 2015. I have a valid TRV (S-1) that is valid till January 31st 2016. I have applied for my PGWP but have not received it yet and still waiting on CIC's approval.

Could someone please tell me if I will be able to re-enter Canada without a work permit but a valid TRV? My TRV was the one which I got when I was a student so I am not sure. Will I need some additional documentation? Please help guys.

Regards.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Tairy said:
Hi All,

I am going to Pakistan on 16th November 2015 and returning on 15th Decemeber 2015. I have a valid TRV (S-1) that is valid till January 31st 2016. I have applied for my PGWP but have not received it yet and still waiting on CIC's approval.

Could someone please tell me if I will be able to re-enter Canada without a work permit but a valid TRV? My TRV was the one which I got when I was a student so I am not sure. Will I need some additional documentation? Please help guys.

Regards.
Assuming you already have a study permit along with the same time lines (i.e. valid until Jan 31) which basically will be your current status in Canada (since technically to enter all you need is a TRV), so you should be fine.

The officer would probably ask you that there is little time left in expiry, so what are your plans and you could tell that i already have a PGWP application in process which likely would conclude before that. In the words of a CBSA officer who i asked this very question (though under question was a work permit and not SP), she said you could enter on the last day too since this is not regular visitor trv as you might leave next day or have some contingency plan in place.