Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
lucky boy said:
Hello guys

Plz rep if someone has knowledge abt it. I have to apply for visa asap. And your help is required before applying.

Thanks
It is not that big of a difference. Online app might be faster by a week or so. TRV processing time from isb is listed here.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp/visitors.asp

As you can see it doesn't really distinguish online vs paper applications. Both are prcessed by the same embassy.

If you are applying for super visa (you didn't clarify that), it would take longer, would require medicals and stuff.

The main advantage of online application is that your originals are not stuck with CIC. They are only needed for a short time if approved.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
cr2016 said:
Why CIC taking more then 70 days to process TRV?
Because they can. They are not legally bound or any thing. The listed processing time is just an average for 80% of the applicants they have processed in the last 6 months to a year. There always are exceptions. Some owning to issues in the application, others - totally based upon something within CIC.

This is the way immigration works. We can only request for updates, be patient and follow up at regular intervals (if you over do, they would just stop responding).

lucky boy

May 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 july 2014 application sent
Doc's Request.
14 nov 2014 PER received
AOR Received.
30 Dec 2014 Pcc request.
IELTS Request
16 jan 2015 pcc sent
Med's Request
23 jan 2015 medical request received.
cr2016 said:
Why CIC taking more then 70 days to process TRV?
Hey fkl thanks for your rep. I want to apply for my mothers and fathers visit visa ( not super visa). So my question is can they both apply together online and how?

Thanks

lucky boy

May 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
14 nov 2014 PER received
AOR Received.
30 Dec 2014 Pcc request.
IELTS Request
16 jan 2015 pcc sent
Med's Request
Hey guys

In family information form in section c where u have to write brothers and sisters name. They have 7 spaces to write for name. My mothers has 9 brothers and sisters. Where she should write for 8th and 9th brothers.

Thanks

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
lucky boy said:
Hey guys

In family information form in section c where u have to write brothers and sisters name. They have 7 spaces to write for name. My mothers has 9 brothers and sisters. Where she should write for 8th and 9th brothers.

Thanks
You are most welcome.

Save another copy of the same form and add the names, upload this form along.

lucky boy

May 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
14 nov 2014 PER received
AOR Received.
30 Dec 2014 Pcc request.
IELTS Request
16 jan 2015 pcc sent
Med's Request
fkl said:
You are most welcome.

Save another copy of the same form and add the names, upload this form along.
Thanks FKL. i have sent u an inbox. Please respond to that. and one more thing i want to ask is that. i want to invite my mother and father because my wife is expecting. Now I do not have much balance in my account which can make case stronger. So is it fine if my father show his bank balance.

Thanks

shy_guy

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2014
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
11-08-2014
Med's Request
11-08-2014
Med's Done....
10-09-2014
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
29-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-07-2015
I just want to share some suggestions for TRV applicants/sponsor bases on my/fellows opinions that might help them to obtain TRV with less hassle.

TRV obtainment = Honesty + Proof of Fund + Good reason+ Dependent in Pakistan + Travel History + No Criminal record + LUCK

A- Be honest in the invitation letter. State the purpose clearly and be concise. 1 page cover letter is enough.

B- Convince the Visa officer that Applicant is willing to go back to Pakistan, after the temporary stay.
B.1- Now this can be done by showing that the Applicant has secure funds and some dependents to take care in Pakistan.

If you address B.1 properly, odds to get acceptance are higher....

attaching too many extra documents hinders the VO and make this simple process more complicated.

C- Paper or Online? well both are the same. Same VO/embassy will deal with them.

D- atleast 1000 or 2000 dollar per week? well, certainly a bench mark for proof of funds is more than 1000 dollar per week.

E- 75% Rejection rate? yes visit visas family have the highest rejection. If its a business tour or short conference tour, chances are much higher

F- Travel history? Its fancy , but you cant do much about it, can you?

G- Criminal record and medical? No criminal record or high level medical severity a MUST for TRV.

lastly, I say, Unfortunately, the net immigration rate of Pakistan is negative, therefore getting a VISA is always down to 50-50, even if the documentations are all valid and complete

All the luck!

jawadchoudary

Star Member
Jun 4, 2015
Hey Guys,

Any good new from your side. We are still waiting for ours. Applied on 14th July , normal visitor visa not the super visa.
Did anyone notice, they changed the processing times to 12 weeks and then they changed it to 70 days again for Pakistan?

sha457

Apr 22, 2015
@fkl

Your suggestions are really appreciated, I want to ask if they took more time in processing regarding to the given one how many % of chances are in acceptance.

cr2016

Oct 15, 2015
jawadchoudary said:
Hey Guys,

Any good new from your side. We are still waiting for ours. Applied on 14th July , normal visitor visa not the super visa.
Did anyone notice, they changed the processing times to 12 weeks and then they changed it to 70 days again for Pakistan?

Same here we also applied on same date and still waiting.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
sha457 said:
@fkl

Your suggestions are really appreciated, I want to ask if they took more time in processing regarding to the given one how many % of chances are in acceptance.
yw. No news is generally good news and is true for CIC, since on an average, refusals come sooner than acceptances. Still nothing can be said with confidence until you actually get an approval.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
lucky boy said:
Thanks FKL. i have sent u an inbox. Please respond to that. and one more thing i want to ask is that. i want to invite my mother and father because my wife is expecting. Now I do not have much balance in my account which can make case stronger. So is it fine if my father show his bank balance.

Thanks
I responded to your pm though i would prefer forums since it helps others too and after a while it gets a bit harder to repeat the same answer over and over again. No worries though :)

Since your father would be on visit, he showing his funds of course is helpful. Try not to show tooo much money. Just may be twice the basic required one, if that is easily manageable is good enough.

Still i would want to point out, in no negative way

a) Child birth is really not considered a genuine reason by CIC to invite any one, period. This is just our local concept from back home. Health facilities are adequate enough to do that without any external help in their point of view.
b) Not having much funds could still go against you, though your over all status, job / income etc. are more relevant than what you have available right now as funds.

Hope that helps

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
shy_guy said:
I just want to share some suggestions for TRV applicants/sponsor bases on my/fellows opinions that might help them to obtain TRV with less hassle.

TRV obtainment = Honesty + Proof of Fund + Good reason+ Dependent in Pakistan + Travel History + No Criminal record + LUCK

A- Be honest in the invitation letter. State the purpose clearly and be concise. 1 page cover letter is enough.

B- Convince the Visa officer that Applicant is willing to go back to Pakistan, after the temporary stay.
B.1- Now this can be done by showing that the Applicant has secure funds and some dependents to take care in Pakistan.

If you address B.1 properly, odds to get acceptance are higher....

attaching too many extra documents hinders the VO and make this simple process more complicated.

C- Paper or Online? well both are the same. Same VO/embassy will deal with them.

D- atleast 1000 or 2000 dollar per week? well, certainly a bench mark for proof of funds is more than 1000 dollar per week.

E- 75% Rejection rate? yes visit visas family have the highest rejection. If its a business tour or short conference tour, chances are much higher

F- Travel history? Its fancy , but you cant do much about it, can you?

G- Criminal record and medical? No criminal record or high level medical severity a MUST for TRV.

lastly, I say, Unfortunately, the net immigration rate of Pakistan is negative, therefore getting a VISA is always down to 50-50, even if the documentations are all valid and complete

All the luck!
good one shy_guy +1

jawadchoudary

Star Member
Jun 4, 2015
cr2016 said:
Same here we also applied on same date and still waiting.
Hey Cr2016

Can you please share your intended date of visit and the type of visa. We have our date of visit on 25th Oct. Someone said to me that they(CIC) normally try to declare the result of application before the date of visit.