Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
saif_21 said:
fkl,

Thanks for your thoughts. Yes there is option for gcms/CAIPS and I have already ordered the notes. Once I get those, will see what is in there and re-apply to address the issues.

Yes she is a widow for last 20 years and still always got USA/UK visa and travelled while being a widow and always went back to Pakistan and never over-stayed in any of the countries. She doesn't have a university degree and never worked.

- I have an older brother and his children in Pakistan and my mother is very attached to them. She cant stay far from them too long
- My grandmother (mother's mother) also lives with her. So if she falls sick or anything worse happens, she will have to leave Canada anyways. She will not abandon her mother just to stay in Canada with me who is single and no children....

- My older sister with her 3 children lives in the UK and again my mother cant stay here.

Wouldn't that prove she will have to leave Canada as she will not risk staying here illegally when she has other children/grandchildren/mother outside of Canada?

My income is significantly better than LICO.

Earlier cover letter merely listed the above facts along with list of properties in Pakistan to establish what ties she has outside of Canada (Did not add a longer description to avoid desperation and red flags). Is it a good idea to explain in application the detailed reasons why she will have to leave Canada based on above facts along with adding some emotional side or reasoning to it? (Any negatives of that?)

Also how significant would be MP's letter if I address the concerns from gcms? Would that have a negative effect on the application overall?
You are most welcome.

Things look good further from your explanation above.

May be they didn't pay attention to your cover letter description. Generally showing too much detail or emotional side could go either way. But it is subjective to individual visa officer's opinion and very hard to comment upon. Since i don't if we have seen any formal guidelines on that.

I have rarely seen much of an impact of an MP's opinion on CIC's decision. Generally speaking the "line they have with CIC" (this the term they use) is mostly effective for only getting updates on an application. So say if an application hasn't had any response in a while, contacting via MP might get you a feedback like "Your application is still in process and under review." They might add reasons for delay. Like a few years back when my wp was delayed CIC specifically cited to MP used by my employer, that work permit process has recently been overhauled and is under more scrutiny - hence taking more time in the light of hype in media at that time. So it could be any thing.

I suspect that there is something they see in appropriate that you haven't even considered. So it's best to wait for notes. It might be as minor as just fixing some doc. Good luck

lucky boy

May 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 july 2014 application sent
Doc's Request.
14 nov 2014 PER received
AOR Received.
30 Dec 2014 Pcc request.
IELTS Request
16 jan 2015 pcc sent
Med's Request
23 jan 2015 medical request received.
hello

How can I apply for my mothers and fathers visa online together?

Thanks

saif_21

Jul 24, 2014
fkl said:
You are most welcome.

Things look good further from your explanation above.

May be they didn't pay attention to your cover letter description. Generally showing too much detail or emotional side could go either way. But it is subjective to individual visa officer's opinion and very hard to comment upon. Since i don't if we have seen any formal guidelines on that.

I have rarely seen much of an impact of an MP's opinion on CIC's decision. Generally speaking the "line they have with CIC" (this the term they use) is mostly effective for only getting updates on an application. So say if an application hasn't had any response in a while, contacting via MP might get you a feedback like "Your application is still in process and under review." They might add reasons for delay. Like a few years back when my wp was delayed CIC specifically cited to MP used by my employer, that work permit process has recently been overhauled and is under more scrutiny - hence taking more time in the light of hype in media at that time. So it could be any thing.

I suspect that there is something they see in appropriate that you haven't even considered. So it's best to wait for notes. It might be as minor as just fixing some doc. Good luck
fkl,

Thanks for the quick response. I am desperately waiting for the notes. I will go from there. But it is very frustrating.

I am new to group, however do you see a lot of super visa rejections from Islamabad? I heard visa policy is more strict from Pakistan. Any truth in that?

Thanks again for your thoughts.

lucky boy

May 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
14 nov 2014 PER received
AOR Received.
30 Dec 2014 Pcc request.
IELTS Request
16 jan 2015 pcc sent
Med's Request
lucky boy said:
hello

How can I apply for my mothers and fathers visa online together?

Thanks
any response guys

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
saif_21 said:
fkl,

Thanks for the quick response. I am desperately waiting for the notes. I will go from there. But it is very frustrating.

I am new to group, however do you see a lot of super visa rejections from Islamabad? I heard visa policy is more strict from Pakistan. Any truth in that?

Thanks again for your thoughts.
In general visa policies are strict from countries like Pakistan obviously because of the reputation we have held so far - i routinely see people proudly telling others how they got here on trv / worker / study visa and got their case (refugee) done. Though i would say super visa is among the categories which generally have lower rejection rates.

I don't know anything more specific. But classical rejects are trvs and work permits.

saif_21

Jul 24, 2014
fkl said:
In general visa policies are strict from countries like Pakistan obviously because of the reputation we have held so far - i routinely see people proudly telling others how they got here on trv / worker / study visa and got their case (refugee) done. Though i would say super visa is among the categories which generally have lower rejection rates.

I don't know anything more specific. But classical rejects are trvs and work permits.
fkl,

Thanks for the response.

saif_21

Jul 24, 2014
angel123456 said:
Hi guys,
Can it be possible that due to election, CIC Islamabad is responding so slow for TRV? Just asking
It is possible but cant say for sure. CIS Islamabad in general takes longer time than other offices.

angel123456

Star Member
Aug 24, 2015
But, its written on the website that it takes 70 days. so, does it take longer than that too. And i have been observing since few days that most of the ppl have not got their decision yet so i dont think they are following 80-20% criteria too.
Really frustrated and pissed :(

lucky boy

May 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
14 nov 2014 PER received
AOR Received.
30 Dec 2014 Pcc request.
IELTS Request
16 jan 2015 pcc sent
Med's Request
Hello Guys

Can I apply for my mother and father visa together online?

Thanks

lucky boy

May 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
14 nov 2014 PER received
AOR Received.
30 Dec 2014 Pcc request.
IELTS Request
16 jan 2015 pcc sent
Med's Request
Hey guys

which method is faster. online application or paper application and how many days does it take for both process?

thanks

shy_guy

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2014
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
11-08-2014
Med's Request
11-08-2014
Med's Done....
10-09-2014
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
29-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-07-2015
saif_21 said:
Hi All,

Anyone's parent Super Visa got refused from Islamabad?? Does it happen a lot from Islamabad??

My mother's super visa got refused because of:

- Family ties in Canada and home country. (Although Super visa is more focused on the child and his salary in Canada with less emphasis on the parent. In my case my mother has ample family and financial ties in Pakistan)

There is no other reason explained. I heard once the child/Grandchild in Canada meets LICO and has medical insurance, super visa is pretty straight forward process? Although I included all documents (Notarized invitation letter, My birth certificate, Notice of assessment, 1 year medical insurance, Canadian citizenship poof, MY Bank statements, Employment letter with salary and job responsibilities - ALSO I attached my mother's bank statements which has more than $30K and her notarized property documents) - NO DOCUMENT WAS MISSING...

Now her visit visa was also refused in 2014 because of (Travel history, family ties and purpose of visit)

Although she has travel extensively to UK/USA/Italy/Saudi Arabia/ and still hold a valid 5 years multiple entry USA visitor visa.

My mother is a widow. We are 3 siblings (sister, brother, myself) I have an older brother, his 2 children/wife living in Pakistan. Also my mother's mother live with her in the same house. My sister lives in UK and I am in Canada. (All this was explained in a cover letter)

Any suggestion???
Sorry to hear that...Actually VO is not convinced that Applicant has strong ties in Pakistan. As there is no dependent or Job to look after.
I feel sorry.
Suggestion
But I urge you to keep applying after a short break, (take 1 line, I mean either go with SUPER VISA or TRV so that they know your intentions are clear not desperate to call your mom) and also somehow try mention in cover letter that your mom loves her grandchildren and would like to return after the visit.

All the best and keep us posted

saif_21

Jul 24, 2014
shy_guy said:
Sorry to hear that...Actually VO is not convinced that Applicant has strong ties in Pakistan. As there is no dependent or Job to look after.
I feel sorry.
Suggestion
But I urge you to keep applying after a short break, (take 1 line, I mean either go with SUPER VISA or TRV so that they know your intentions are clear not desperate to call your mom) and also somehow try mention in cover letter that your mom loves her grandchildren and would like to return after the visit.

All the best and keep us posted
shy_guy,

Thanks for the response. I have requested CAIPS and will see what details VO is concerned with and address them. I will apply for super visa because she is a better candidate for that.

Thanks,

lucky boy

May 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
14 nov 2014 PER received
AOR Received.
30 Dec 2014 Pcc request.
IELTS Request
16 jan 2015 pcc sent
Med's Request
lucky boy said:
Hey guys

which method is faster. online application or paper application and how many days does it take for both process?

thanks
Any response guys. Your response is very valuable. I have to apply for visa asap. Plz rep

lucky boy

May 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
14 nov 2014 PER received
AOR Received.
30 Dec 2014 Pcc request.
IELTS Request
16 jan 2015 pcc sent
Med's Request
lucky boy said:
Hello Guys

Can I apply for my mother and father visa together online?

Thanks
Hello guys

Plz rep if someone has knowledge abt it. I have to apply for visa asap. And your help is required before applying.

Thanks