VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
usman.ahmad3 said:
And its (resident trv or owp) gonna take those 7 months?
That is the average processing time. It could take 2-3 months if the case is solid and embassy is relatively free.

On the other hand if there is much work load for embassy, and there are complications in file, it could even take longer than 7 months.

If you plan on applying, do it RIGHT NOW. Sep study permit applications are about to commence if not already and study permits have higher priority.

Aistah

Jan 21, 2015
Aistah said:
Hello friends

I am in Canada on TRV, temporary work permit for one year. My friend wants to visit canada for one month on visit visa and he is in Pakistan. Can I submit my friend's visit visa application in Canada on his behalf? Please be informed that my friend applied for visit visa November 2014 but he was refused visa. Please provide necessary details regarding this scenario.

Thanks a lot.

nunu

Jun 27, 2009
AOA,
I am looking to apply for visitor visa from Karachi.
I would appreciate if someone can guide and answer me the following questions

what are the chances to get medical form if apply for single or multiple entry visa?

where to submit application form/biometrics in Karachi?

Thanks in advance.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
nunu said:
AOA,
I am looking to apply for visitor visa from Karachi.
I would appreciate if someone can guide and answer me the following questions

what are the chances to get medical form if apply for single or multiple entry visa?

where to submit application form/biometrics in Karachi?

Thanks in advance.
WS,

You can apply via the VFS Canada in Karachi.

There address seem to have recent changed and are in gizri now as opposed to being in PECHS earlier.
http://www.vfsglobal.ca/Canada/Pakistan/contactus.html

The same office will guide you for the procedure and gather bio metric. There are no medicals required for visitor visa. Moreover, if i remember correctly, all visit visa applications are now considered for multiple entry.

UMMI2015

Mar 13, 2015
@fkl ... Today 91 days passed since I applied multiple visit visa from vfs karachi. I applied on 19 dec 2014. Plz do u have any information how much more time they will take?

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
@UMMI2015, that is quite long. Current processing time stated on website seems 72 days. So you should submit a case specific inquiry

Visitor01

Sep 12, 2014
AoA.

I am currently living in Canada with my husband and I have my Inland Spousal Sponsorship under process. I am on implied status.

As I am expecting, I want to invite my mother to visit me during this time. Can someone please guide me about the visit visa procedure? what are the chances of getting one? can i write an invitation or it has to be from my husband, who is a Canadian citizen? how long does it take for the visa process from Karachi?

Thank you.

sheen03

Mar 26, 2015
Hello everyone,

I have just joined this forum as I needed some help, and came across this amazing and helpful thread.
I have been living in Canada for the past 10-12 years, and I want my parents to visit me this year.

This entire process seems too overwhelming and confusing to me. Therefore, I would greatly appreciate any guidance provided!

Sorry if my questions seem too stupid!

As far as my understanding is, I am thinking of applying for the visit visa, instead of the Super Visa, as they will only be intending to stay for 2-3 months. They have a business and have a job as well, therefore they wouldnt be staying for too long. Ideally , they would visit during the summer.

So, is it better to apply for the visit visa right? And I have read that from now on all visit visas will be considered for multiple entry visa?

Is it possible for me to apply for my parents visa online from here? Are there any pros and cons to doing it this way? How would I submit their passports if I do so?

How do they apply together? Does one have to be the principal applicant?

Do they get the Doctors appointment before applying? As on one of the lists it shows as proof of intention of travel?

Do we have to submit our financials and proof of job, property etc as well to make it more favorable?

Do I have to get health insurance for them before we apply for the visa?

Thank you so much!

ki123

Mar 27, 2015
Hi eveyone. I have a quick question. I am intending to apply for a visitor visa to visit my wife's uncle and brother in Canada. I have decent travel history and i guess sufficient bank balance, I work with my father in our family business. The business is in my father's name and i work as an executive in the company. So my question is what are my chances of getting the visa? I will be grateful if any of the senior members can help me with this

Muhriz

Star Member
Apr 12, 2012
Helle everybody

Im wondering if person on visitor visa in Canada can have visa coverted to study visa if intends to start studies? Did anbody have such experience?

also, another question i have is "are their any restrictions with respect to items when person entering into Canada on visitor visa ". I mean typically security asks at airport if there are any gifts or new items being bought outside Canada and are being carried into Canada. Did anybody have any insight into it?

Thanks

MIKE9292

Star Member
Mar 23, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Visa Office......
Islamabad, Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 1st, 2010
Doc's Request.
December 26th, 2011
AOR Received.
November 4th, 2011
File Transfer...
October 28th, 2011
Med's Request
December 28th, 2011
Med's Done....
January 3rd, 2012
Interview........
Dont Need.
Passport Req..
March 15th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
March 22nd, 2012
LANDED..........
April 14th, 2012
Hey everybody,

Little bit of a weird quetion. I am a canadian my wife holds PR.

I wanted to bring my wifes parents on a visit visa is that possible? Who can sponcer she or I?

What is the process how long does it take and where can i get the applications for them send me a link plz?

Also can i apply throuh CIC in ottawa or mississauga?

Please let me know and thankyou for being the great help thankyou

kashalmajub

Mar 9, 2015
Assalamoalaikom

I jut tought of sharing my timeline with you guys:

I applied for visit visa in Lahore on 19th feb 2015 (paper based application). Last week I sent embassy an email that I would like to temporarily withdraw my passport because I have to travel somewhere. To get your passport back temporarily you can send them a written request by email.

Yesterday on 30th march 2015 I received emails from the embassy and vfs global to collect my passport. Today 31st of march 2015 I collected my passport, alhamdulillah got the visa for 3+ years. So I received my passport after exactly 40 days, alhamdulillah.

Wassalam

kashalmajub said:
Assalamoalaikom

I applied for canadian visit visa from Lahore about 18 days ago. I just wanted to know the processing time these days, they do say they will take around 40 days but is it possible to get the visa before that?

I intend to travel on the 22nd/23rd of March 2015, so shall I be hopeful that I will get visa by then or I am expecting too much?

I already have a valid Schengen, US and UK visa, does this help in getting the visa? And I have traveled to Canada before as well.

Thanks for all your feedback.

Wassalam

nonoo

Jan 23, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06th Dec 2011
AOR Received.
28th Feb 2012
Med's Request
18th Sept 2012
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2012 Displayed on Ecas 17th Nov 2012
Interview........
DM 18th Feb 2013
LANDED..........
15th March 2013
Hi,
I am a permanent resident since March 2013 along with me are my spouse naturalized Canadian and a toddler also Canadian. I wanted to invite my mom and younger sister to visit me in Canada both of them have good travel history as they have been visiting to UK (where my brother and elder sister lives) for the past seven years . their bank accounts are average I wanted to know what are the chances of my sister's visit visa
She is unmarried
age 32
not a student
have visited UK numerous time in past seven years
Nationality Pakistani
On another note if she has slim chances of getting the visa would that have an impact on my mothers visit visa as well?
Thanks

Desi_Canadian

May 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
16-06-2010
AOA TO ALLA>>.
I really need advise from all of yours or who knows very well. My wife wants to apply for her mom for visitor visa. What's the requirements need from our side and who is visiting as well. Anyone help me how and what to write invitation letter? Waiting for your kindly response.

Thanks
Best Regards