+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

All Pakistanis join this thread

Captain_Prince

Star Member
Apr 27, 2014
is it the super visa for parents, if that is the case it doesnt matter my parents got visa in 2012 for 4 years and traveled first time in 2014 there is no problem in that

informatics said:
Hi ,

My parents were issued a super visa in Nov 2014 , however due to some reason they wont be able to come to Canada before June 2015 . So , it would be more than 6 months since their visa was issued . I have heard that one must enter in Canada within 6 months of visa issuance otherwise the visa will be expired .

Is that correct ?

Anyone whose parents entered Canada after 6 months of visa issuance ?

Kindly advise .

Thanks

Desi_Canadian

May 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
16-06-2010
Hi ..
I posted here to get the good advise but no one even bother to do so....:(

manonoma87

Apr 4, 2015
Hi everyone

I was an international student in Canada from Jan 2007 to April 2013. I acquired 2 post-secondary degrees and in June 2013, after graduating from York University, i got my PGWP in July until March 2016. I left Canada by the end of April 2013 because i hadnt met my family in Pakistan in 2 years. I had all the intentions to go back to canada and work on my PGWP but my parents got me married in Jan 2014. So i had to stay in pakistan with my husband and his family and i started to help my husband and my father in law in their family owned small businesses; managing their accounts, marketing and such as i have graduated with a business administration and administrative studies degrees from toronto, canada.

For 2 years i did not travel to canada and unfortunately wasted my PGWP as i got busy here with family businesses and i had to have my husbands permission to work in canada. So just recently my husband permitted me to work in canada to gain some valuable experience until my PGWP expires to i could be better equiped to help him and my father in law with their businesses when i return. Or i could even apply for my PR in Canada if i could get a good job.

So i wanted to leave asap while i still have one year left on my PGWP and a possibility of 4 months extention as i did not get it for entire 3 years due to my passport expiring in Mar 2016. I applied for my TRV based on my PGWP on Feb 25 and i received a refusal on Mar 25, the reason being that the VO was not satisfied that i would leave canada at the end of my visa and some very common factors:
1) purpose of visit
2) current employment condition
3) assets and financial status
4) travel history

Well purpose of visit is obvious that i want work and gain canadian work experience.i still have a year left on my PGWP. I guess i wasnt clear in explaining that to the VO.

I didnt mention any of my employment status on the form, that was a mistake on my part because i help my husband and my father in law in their businesses so i wasnt sure whether that would be qualified as self employed or would it qualify as employment at all. My father in law would even be handing over his business to me after my return from canada.

For my financial status, i just provided them with my fathers employment letter and his US dollar bank account with $23K which he has been depositing over the years. That is other than his pakistani currency account. I am still mostly dependant on my father financially.

And i dont have a travel history other than travelling to and forth from canada to pakistan and back while studying there. I havent travelled abroad in the last 2 years. But when i was studying, i had never abused my legal status in canada or stayed beyond it. I have a very clean record there. And i have never been refused a TRV before when i used to apply through my study permit.

I want re-apply asap because i dont want to waste any more of my time on PGWP. My husband would not accompany me because he cant leave his business behind for even one day.he owns a restaurant and he doesnt even take sundays off. I have an aunt there, i'd be living with her, while my father will cover all my other expenses. What should i do? Please help me. Its urgent!

nunu

Jun 27, 2009
Asalamwaalikum,
I am applying for the visitor visa for second time.last time i was granted visa for six month.My question is where to find UCI number.It states on CIC websites that if you have previously dealed with CIC then this universal client identification number (UCI) has been issued to you but i can't find .please tell me where it could be written.

secondly, as per my understanding i don't need paper photos as i am going to have biometrics and fingerprints ,am i right?

please reply,
Thanks to all.

kashalmajub

Mar 9, 2015
Walaikomusalam

Yes you do not need paper photographs, they will take pictures at the biometric section.

All the best inshaAllah.

Wassaalam

nunu said:
Asalamwaalikum,
I am applying for the visitor visa for second time.last time i was granted visa for six month.My question is where to find UCI number.It states on CIC websites that if you have previously dealed with CIC then this universal client identification number (UCI) has been issued to you but i can't find .please tell me where it could be written.

secondly, as per my understanding i don't need paper photos as i am going to have biometrics and fingerprints ,am i right?

please reply,
Thanks to all.

waffa

Apr 8, 2015
Salam.
can you give me some information upon a visit visa.
I would like to gain some information regarding Visit Visa for Canada.

I am a full time employee of one company here in UAE. I am in Dubai since 2007 and working here as a banker. and planing to visit my relative and family friends in Canada only for 2 weeks, i have already confirmed from my company for 2 weeks vacations.
My family friends can provide to me the sponsorship letter & required documentations as they are settled there for long time now. They will also support me financially which includes my stay, and other expenses. Also They are willing to provide their bank statements and other related documentations for my visit.

I would like to know more information regarding how can i apply and what is the requirement for visit visa.

Kindly advise further. Thank you.

nehamerchant

Star Member
Apr 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
manonoma87 said:
Hi everyone

I was an international student in Canada from Jan 2007 to April 2013. I acquired 2 post-secondary degrees and in June 2013, after graduating from York University, i got my PGWP in July until March 2016. I left Canada by the end of April 2013 because i hadnt met my family in Pakistan in 2 years. I had all the intentions to go back to canada and work on my PGWP but my parents got me married in Jan 2014. So i had to stay in pakistan with my husband and his family and i started to help my husband and my father in law in their family owned small businesses; managing their accounts, marketing and such as i have graduated with a business administration and administrative studies degrees from toronto, canada.

For 2 years i did not travel to canada and unfortunately wasted my PGWP as i got busy here with family businesses and i had to have my husbands permission to work in canada. So just recently my husband permitted me to work in canada to gain some valuable experience until my PGWP expires to i could be better equiped to help him and my father in law with their businesses when i return. Or i could even apply for my PR in Canada if i could get a good job.

So i wanted to leave asap while i still have one year left on my PGWP and a possibility of 4 months extention as i did not get it for entire 3 years due to my passport expiring in Mar 2016. I applied for my TRV based on my PGWP on Feb 25 and i received a refusal on Mar 25, the reason being that the VO was not satisfied that i would leave canada at the end of my visa and some very common factors:
1) purpose of visit
2) current employment condition
3) assets and financial status
4) travel history

Well purpose of visit is obvious that i want work and gain canadian work experience.i still have a year left on my PGWP. I guess i wasnt clear in explaining that to the VO.

I didnt mention any of my employment status on the form, that was a mistake on my part because i help my husband and my father in law in their businesses so i wasnt sure whether that would be qualified as self employed or would it qualify as employment at all. My father in law would even be handing over his business to me after my return from canada.

For my financial status, i just provided them with my fathers employment letter and his US dollar bank account with $23K which he has been depositing over the years. That is other than his pakistani currency account. I am still mostly dependant on my father financially.

And i dont have a travel history other than travelling to and forth from canada to pakistan and back while studying there. I havent travelled abroad in the last 2 years. But when i was studying, i had never abused my legal status in canada or stayed beyond it. I have a very clean record there. And i have never been refused a TRV before when i used to apply through my study permit.

I want re-apply asap because i dont want to waste any more of my time on PGWP. My husband would not accompany me because he cant leave his business behind for even one day.he owns a restaurant and he doesnt even take sundays off. I have an aunt there, i'd be living with her, while my father will cover all my other expenses. What should i do? Please help me. Its urgent!
consult some decent immigration lawyer (if no one comes up with solution on this forum). Your case is complicated. By the way you have good chances under new skilled migrant category, opens once a year in Jan.

manonoma87

Apr 4, 2015
Thank you for the suggestion nehamerchant. I really appreciate it, except that lawyers and professional consultants are really costly. And yes I agree that my case is complicated, that's why no one has replied yet. I hope someone does though to save me from paying quite a sum of money to a lawyer.

Can you please tell me a little more about this new skilled migrant category and how can I check my eligibility. Thank you.

Captain_Prince

Star Member
Apr 27, 2014
Hello Seniors,

I am going to apply for parents supervisa and they are planning to stay for 18 months with me, how much and how long bank statement is required to be shown for them , they have money in their accounts from last 4 months but in requirements I have seen that they require now 12 months statements what should I do regarding that, is it ok to submit 4 months bank statement. Is total of 24000 CAD enough for them or should I wait to have 6 months or longer bank statement.

Regards,

Captain

nehamerchant

Star Member
Apr 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
manonoma87 said:
Thank you for the suggestion nehamerchant. I really appreciate it, except that lawyers and professional consultants are really costly. And yes I agree that my case is complicated, that's why no one has replied yet. I hope someone does though to save me from paying quite a sum of money to a lawyer.

Can you please tell me a little more about this new skilled migrant category and how can I check my eligibility. Thank you.
Explore this:

http://www.immigration.ca/en/fast-track-high-demand-occupations

On January 1, 2015, the Government of Canada implemented the Express Entry Immigration system under the Economic Class including the Federal Skilled Worker Program.

Under Express Entry, Federal Skilled Workers across 347 eligible occupations who meet minimum entry criteria, submit an expression of interest profile to the Express Entry Pool. The profiles of candidates in the pool are ranked under a Comprehensive Ranking System. The highest ranked candidates will be considered for an invitation to apply for permanent residence. Candidates receiving an invitation must submit a full application within a delay of 60-days.

nehamerchant

Star Member
Apr 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Captain_Prince said:
Hello Seniors,

I am going to apply for parents supervisa and they are planning to stay for 18 months with me, how much and how long bank statement is required to be shown for them , they have money in their accounts from last 4 months but in requirements I have seen that they require now 12 months statements what should I do regarding that, is it ok to submit 4 months bank statement. Is total of 24000 CAD enough for them or should I wait to have 6 months or longer bank statement.

Regards,

Captain
apart from funds they also look at other links to home country.

Simp

Nov 6, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Just a quick question as u mentioned u got 3 yrs multiple visa , what was the expiry of ur passport,are they not giving longer visa depending on expiry of passport.

Thanks

S

kashalmajub said:
Assalamoalaikom

I jut tought of sharing my timeline with you guys:

I applied for visit visa in Lahore on 19th feb 2015 (paper based application). Last week I sent embassy an email that I would like to temporarily withdraw my passport because I have to travel somewhere. To get your passport back temporarily you can send them a written request by email.

Yesterday on 30th march 2015 I received emails from the embassy and vfs global to collect my passport. Today 31st of march 2015 I collected my passport, alhamdulillah got the visa for 3+ years. So I received my passport after exactly 40 days, alhamdulillah.

Wassalam

kashalmajub

Mar 9, 2015
Unlike US, UK etc maximum visa Canadian Embassy issues is up to the expiry of your passport. Visa validity is just two days short of my passport validity. I have seen that happen with few other people I know as well.

Wassalam

Simp said:
Hi,

Just a quick question as u mentioned u got 3 yrs multiple visa , what was the expiry of ur passport,are they not giving longer visa depending on expiry of passport.

Thanks

S

Simp

Nov 6, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks.

kashalmajub said:
Unlike US, UK etc maximum visa Canadian Embassy issues is up to the expiry of your passport. Visa validity is just two days short of my passport validity. I have seen that happen with few other people I know as well.

Wassalam