+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

All Pakistanis join this thread

maria_786

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2013
72 days

zulkfal said:
Hi All, a quick question - what is the current processing time for TRV for Islamabad office. My mom and brother submitted their applications on Feb 10 and haven't heard back since then.

Any insight will be really appreciated.

dr sadaf

Jan 9, 2015
hi all!
first of all best wishes to all who r waiting for trv acceptence. guys im in a situation n need help please
i have applied for TRV FOR my mother on 17th feb through paper application (gerrys), not heard any news from CHC islamabad till now
my elder sister is Permanent resident in canada n she had provided invitation letter for my mother showing that my mom will stay with her in canada , now the problem is that my sister want to visit pakistan this month for two weeks n my mom's application is in process (answer not recieved yet) so wanna ask that, Can my sister visit pakistan before my mom' S TRV acceptence n specially when her application is in process? as she has provided the invitation letter so will CHC reject my mom's visa that my sister is here in pakistan ? or my sister's visit will not effect my mother's trv application?
seniours please answer !

maria_786

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2013
my mom is in canada right now on visitor permit and needs TRV to travel to pakistan and come back again to canada, she has bee a visitor for the past 4 yrs and travelled once for 2 months from jan 2013 to march 2013 to pakistan but at that time was able to get TRV from the ottawa within canada. now they dont issue trv for visitors in canada. she has to go with in abt 3 weeks to pakistan. can she apply for trv from pakistan? where does she needs to send the application and how much would the processing will be? btw i am on work permit and have applied for TRV within canada already.

Savior

Star Member
May 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2011
AOR Received.
01-03-2011
Med's Request
01-01-2013
Med's Done....
22-01-2013
Passport Req..
PPR 1 : 24-07-2013 PPR 2 : 15-08-2013
LANDED..........
23-10-2014
dr sadaf said:
hi all!
first of all best wishes to all who r waiting for trv acceptence. guys im in a situation n need help please
i have applied for TRV FOR my mother on 17th feb through paper application (gerrys), not heard any news from CHC islamabad till now
my elder sister is Permanent resident in canada n she had provided invitation letter for my mother showing that my mom will stay with her in canada , now the problem is that my sister want to visit pakistan this month for two weeks n my mom's application is in process (answer not recieved yet) so wanna ask that, Can my sister visit pakistan before my mom' S TRV acceptence n specially when her application is in process? as she has provided the invitation letter so will CHC reject my mom's visa that my sister is here in pakistan ? or my sister's visit will not effect my mother's trv application?
seniours please answer !

It all depends what was written in invitation letter. why your mom needs to visit you sister ? The reason for your sister can be justified as she is coming for visiting in-laws/vacations/personal work tht require her personal visit to PK. you can also justify saying that your sis visit is short and she would like to spend more time with her mom so she is asking her to visit Canada and it would be good change for her and she (your mom can see new place etc). but i don't think that would be any issue.

PS: these are my personal justification to convince visa officer if they send out the query.

waqar.ahmad150

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2015 (Online)
Passport Req..
22-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2015 (Multiple 4 Years)
LANDED..........
Landed
Sams said:
Hello Mr. Waqar,
My father had visited me in 2007 on TRV, My parents (mom and dad) applied 2 weeks back and they have rejected their visa saying that "what is the purpose of the visit" and "duration of stay" even though it was clearly stated in my invitation letter and their application. Please help me if i can appeal this decision.
Thanks
Sams
AOA Sams,

First of all, i would say that you cannot appeal against the decision of VO, however, you can apply for gcms notes for detail reason of refusal.
Secondly, kindly tell me the following information.

-did you apply for your parents trv through online or paper based and what was visa type i.e super visa??
- What was the purpose you wrote in letter?
-Did you show their strong ties with home country?

waqar.ahmad150

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2015 (Online)
Passport Req..
22-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Landed
dr sadaf said:
hi all!
seniours please answer !
AOA,

Acceptance or refusal depends on the preparatory trv case work and also luck as well. If you have sent your mother trv case with all necessary and compulsory documents then you do not need to worry either your sister is coming to Pakistan or not.

As far as my experience, your sister do not need to give any justification if she is coming in Pakistan and vice versa ( VO will not ask you any justification about the visit in your case)
. Thanks

Sams

Mar 4, 2015
waqar.ahmad150 said:
AOA Sams,

First of all, i would say that you cannot appeal against the decision of VO, however, you can apply for gcms notes for detail reason of refusal.
Secondly, kindly tell me the following information.

-did you apply for your parents trv through online or paper based and what was visa type i.e super visa??
- What was the purpose you wrote in letter?
-Did you show their strong ties with home country?
Walaikum Assalam,
Thanks Mr. Waqar for the detailed answer.
We applied through online, simple visitor visa.
The purpose was to spend time with the daughter and grand Childers.
My dad showed his property, bank statement and secondly my other 5 siblings are there.
The officer also checked off that you did not truthfully answered all the question put to you..
Could you please let me know what is gcMs and how can I get that.
Thanks
sams

kashalmajub

Mar 9, 2015
Assalamoalaikom

I applied for canadian visit visa from Lahore about 18 days ago. I just wanted to know the processing time these days, they do say they will take around 40 days but is it possible to get the visa before that?

I intend to travel on the 22nd/23rd of March 2015, so shall I be hopeful that I will get visa by then or I am expecting too much?

I already have a valid Schengen, US and UK visa, does this help in getting the visa? And I have traveled to Canada before as well.

Thanks for all your feedback.

Wassalam

maria_786

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2013
40 days? i thought it was 72 days as it says cic website for isb - paksitan

kashalmajub said:
Assalamoalaikom

I applied for canadian visit visa from Lahore about 18 days ago. I just wanted to know the processing time these days, they do say they will take around 40 days but is it possible to get the visa before that?

I intend to travel on the 22nd/23rd of March 2015, so shall I be hopeful that I will get visa by then or I am expecting too much?

I already have a valid Schengen, US and UK visa, does this help in getting the visa? And I have traveled to Canada before as well.

Wassalam

zulkfal

Sep 28, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/10/2009
Doc's Request.
15/12/2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
06/05/2010
IELTS Request
Submitted with Doc's
File Transfer...
22/12/2009
Med's Request
04/05/2011 (Dated: 24/04/2011)
Med's Done....
09/05/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08/07/2011
VISA ISSUED...
25/07/2011
LANDED..........
07-08-2011
My mother got similar info from VFS on processing time around 6-8 weeks.

waqar.ahmad150

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2015 (Online)
Passport Req..
22-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Landed
AOA Dear,
Processing time of trv through paper based/online is mentioned on website. In case of urgency, you can send email directly to isbad@international.gc.ca and can give explanation regarding urgent matter.

kashalmajub said:
Assalamoalaikom

Wassalam

maria_786

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2013
waqar.ahmad150 said:
AOA Dear,
Processing time of trv through paper based/online is mentioned on website. In case of urgency, you can send email directly to isbad @ international.gc.ca and can give explanation regarding urgent matter.
can you send the link plz abt online and paper based processing times? i looked everywhere for that :(

kewl

Star Member
Sep 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Riyadh Online TRV
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2014
Doc's Request.
03-04-2014
Passport Req..
28-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-04-2014 (Multiple)
LANDED..........
First landed in 09/2016. Visa Expired 11/2016. Reapplied with approved TRV valid until 2021
maria_786 said:
can you send the link plz abt online and paper based processing times? i looked everywhere for that :(
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp/visitors.asp

Pakistan = 72 days ::)

maria_786

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2013
Thankss!! but i meant where do ppl see 40 days for procesing times? if u apply online is it still 72 days?
kewl said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp/visitors.asp

Pakistan = 72 days ::)

zulkfal

Sep 28, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/10/2009
Doc's Request.
15/12/2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
06/05/2010
IELTS Request
Submitted with Doc's
File Transfer...
22/12/2009
Med's Request
04/05/2011 (Dated: 24/04/2011)
Med's Done....
09/05/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08/07/2011
VISA ISSUED...
25/07/2011
LANDED..........
07-08-2011
maria_786 said:
Thankss!! but i meant where do ppl see 40 days for procesing times? if u apply online is it still 72 days?
As I mentioned in my post that my mom was told by VFS - ISB staff that the process will take approx. 6-8 weeks.

T