VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
SM Syed said:
Dear waqar.ahmad150, fkl, and others, First, i really wanted to appreciate your time and helping out Pakistani Peoples, your time is really worth for us,
i am now at the confusing stage, i hope you both guys have your best suggestion towards my queries, as my spouse have valid study visa, and i wanted to accompany her, what you guys suggested, Should i go for TRV or Open work permit ? I see here lot of refuse cases in TRV,i have make mind for open work permit but i am eligible for applying ? or is there any risk to apply on that too ?, because i am applying after spousal visa, also We both have good past travel history together, or should i go for TRV and Apply Work-permit At POE ? Possible, i really need your best suggestions, your response will be highly appreciated,
No problem. If your spouse has a study visa for say a university program, and you have a decent job back home and you guys have enough funds for your expense for at least one year (in addition to your spouse's fee and expense that you would have shown already, you are eligible and should apply for SOWP).

You cannot apply for wp at the port of entry. Only people from countries which do not require a visa to enter Canada can.

SM Syed

Mar 23, 2013
fkl said:
No problem. If your spouse has a study visa for say a university program, and you have a decent job back home and you guys have enough funds for your expense for at least one year (in addition to your spouse's fee and expense that you would have shown already, you are eligible and should apply for SOWP).

You cannot apply for wp at the port of entry. Only people from countries which do not require a visa to enter Canada can.
Thank you so much once again Fkl for your response, yes i will try to show strong ties, or any other suggestion you think that will make strong case please share with me,

missing

Jan 7, 2014
Hi i applied for my trv in january2014 online.. but didnt git any response.. now i am thinking to apply for sowp... can anyone plz guide me what documents are required... i am currently doing BA HONS and in 7 th semester... my husband is on pgwp in regina..

roshaanee

Oct 21, 2014
Islamabad, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-Mar-2014
File Transfer...
24-Apr-2014
Med's Done....
Upfront Medical 25-Feb-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
8-Jan-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-Nov-2014
LANDED..........
1-Mar-2015
Hi,

Anyone has an idea regarding the passport return time of CHC Islamabad, Pakistan? (Its an online application and the VO requested the original passport 3 weeks back).

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
@roshaanee,

Sure, 3 weeks in general is a good enough time to have gotten it back. Though i am not really updated about very recent changes / or impact of political events there, Dharnas, Wahga blast and what not.

But of all the people i have seen, about 90% get their passports back with in 15-20 days. If i were you i would send a case specific inquiry / email in the next day or two, after first checking with the courier / whatever mode you used to send passport.

roshaanee

Oct 21, 2014
Islamabad, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-Mar-2014
File Transfer...
24-Apr-2014
Med's Done....
Upfront Medical 25-Feb-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
8-Jan-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-Nov-2014
LANDED..........
1-Mar-2015
@flk
Thanks a lot yea i will send a case specific note in a day or 2. Thx.

newmanitoban

Apr 28, 2013
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 13
Doc's Request.
Jul 14
AOR Received.
Jan 14
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
Feb 14
Med's Request
Sep 14
Med's Done....
Sep 14
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 14
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 14
LANDED..........
March 15
fkl said:
@ roshaanee,

Sure, 3 weeks in general is a good enough time to have gotten it back. Though i am not really updated about very recent changes / or impact of political events there, Dharnas, Wahga blast and what not.

But of all the people i have seen, about 90% get their passports back with in 15-20 days. If i were you i would send a case specific inquiry / email in the next day or two, after first checking with the courier / whatever mode you used to send passport.
Hello Dear FKL

I am not intrested in WP now coz i already have received PPR1 from LVO, But i always read your opinions/ guidelines to other forum members,

that is a worth of being in touch and to suggest them for a right path.

i really appreciate your outcomes here on this forum.

+1 for you dear.

Regards

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
newmanitoban said:
Hello Dear FKL

I am not intrested in WP now coz i already have received PPR1 from LVO, But i always read your opinions/ guidelines to other forum members,

that is a worth of being in touch and to suggest them for a right path.

i really appreciate your outcomes here on this forum.

+1 for you dear.

Regards
thanks newmanitoban, appreciate your feedback. I just try returning the favor - when ever i can and still occasionally get information useful for myself as well from this forum.

So let's keep the spirit alive :)

Update: Congrats on your PPR - work permit is still temporary and having a PR frees you from a long list of issues. So no worries.

kp1

Nov 9, 2014
please help me and my family apply for visit visa for canada from Saudi arabia on 3rd september and no reply from there still. when already mailed them twice always they reply that they still not get the clearness from canada? now its more then 2 month? what should i do please advice

somey11

Nov 23, 2009
Lahore
NOC Code......
Hi All,

I need your help and guidline regarding visit visa for parents. I am from pakistan and live here in winnipeg since october 2013. I want to invite my parents to visit us next month.

Anybody can guide me step by step. anyone recently invited their paretns can help me please.
I just need what documents required for visa. how we present to visa officer that chances of visa increses.

Thanks

looking forward your soonest response

Muhriz

Star Member
Apr 12, 2012
Hi All,

I'm preparing invitation letter for my sister to visit me in Canada. We have already family class sponsorship underway and my sister is part of that application. I'm wondering if it is appropriate to mention about family class sponsorship in invitation letter, something along below lines:

"I will personally make sure that she leaves Canada before the expiration of visa. I am a law abiding citizen and, under no circumstances, would want to jeopardize our family class immigration application by overstaying beyond the length of time allowed by the visitor visa."

Any comments from experts would be of great help.

Thanks

DOC_HAS91

Nov 19, 2014
Salam everyone,i will be applying for visitor visa along with my 2 siblings and mother in coming week at CVC islamabad. i need some info regarding trv :
1.what visa class should i select single or multiple (we all have a good travel history and valid us visa)
2.what type of invitation letter should i get from my relative in canada? any good sample??
3.me and my siblings are student and my mother is housewife,do you think bank statement and property papers are enough for showing financial conditions ??
and given my above case what are the chances for our visa ??
waiting for replies,thanks !!

waqar.ahmad150

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2015 (Online)
Passport Req..
22-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2015 (Multiple 4 Years)
LANDED..........
Landed
AOA,

You will apply TRV in your case and most probably visa will be multiple entries by default which will also depends on the expiry date of your passport.

Invitation letter is just a formal letter in which your relative will describe their status in Canada and will also show their connection to your family. Notarized invitation letter will be good.

one thing which is positive for you that your family have good travel history. Meanwhile, you should show strong purpose of visit in your case.

You must show strong ties with your home country. Education, bank assets and property docs have strong ties.

you never expect about the decision of VO but make sure, that your documentation is strong. Thanks