Passport Req..
22-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2015 (Multiple 4 Years)
LANDED..........
Landed
AOA,

I need some information about below mentioned queries i.e

One of my relative has multiple entry visa of Canada which will expire at 10th June 2014 and his passport will expire at 10th July 2014.
He is going to Canada in April 2014.

Can he renew his passport before the trip?
Can he face any difficulty at the port of entry on same passport because at that time the validity of passport will be only 3 Months.

Suggestions related above issues would be highly appreciated. Thanks

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
waqar.ahmad150 said:
AOA,

One of my relative has multiple entry visa of Canada which will expire at 10th June 2014 and his passport will expire at 10th July 2014.

Can he face any difficulty at the port of entry on same passport because at that time the validity of passport will be only 3 Months.

WS,

I can only answer partially. The general regulation is that your passport needs to be valid for six months from the date of entry to any country because the standard allowance time for a visit visa is the same.

So your relative can face difficulty even while boarding as well as at port of entry. Though i am not sure but may be if he shows proof of returning dates in time, they might let through. But this last part is mere speculation.

He can definitely renew passport, but i don't know if that would have any positive impact or not. The whole point is to have valid passport AND visa for six months from the date of travel. Probably if either of them is not met, it might be a concern.

waqar.ahmad150

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2015 (Online)
Passport Req..
22-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Landed
Thanks FKL for your valuable suggestion.

ASyed

Jun 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ISL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 2012
AOR Received.
Dec 2012
File Transfer...
ISL April 2013 then LON May 2014 add doc req May 2014 now PPR1 req April 2015
Med's Request
April 21 2015
Interview........
June 2015
VISA ISSUED...
DENIED VISA on June 22 2015
2013applicant said:
Just got a call from CIC and they said it was a mistake on their end and the file has been forwarded to Islamabad.
Asslamualikum 2013 applicant,

Allhumdullilah that is good news for you... bad news to think that they made such a huge error. Their playing with people's lives don't they understand the impact of these waits on us.

Ridiculous!!! These so called governments maintain the one of the most important aspects of peoples lives.

ASyed :-\

ASyed

Jun 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ISL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 2012
AOR Received.
Dec 2012
File Transfer...
ISL April 2013 then LON May 2014 add doc req May 2014 now PPR1 req April 2015
Med's Request
April 21 2015
Interview........
June 2015
VISA ISSUED...
DENIED VISA on June 22 2015
ikteza said:
Salam to all.

I just have a small query . i dnt knw if any of know have faced this situation.
My dad is in Qatar ( Middle EAST) now and has applied for Visitor visa. Is it necessary for him to give his bio metrics only in Abu Dhabi or he can proccede with it in Pakistan ? As getting a visa fr Abu Dhabi is a difficult.
Walaikumaslam ikteza,

If your dad applied for a visitor visa from Qatar/Abu Dhabi then yes he will have to go to closest VAC and provide his biometrics. This is what I understand from my research.

ASyed :)

hubby chubby

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2012
MonTreaL CiTy
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp-O/ISB/LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2012
Doc's Request.
Aug 2013/Nov 2013
AOR Received.
May 2012
File Transfer...
June 2013
Med's Request
Aug 2013
Med's Done....
Aug 2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
ppr-1 & 2 june 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 2014
LANDED..........
July 2014
Wsalam

it is recommend to renew your passport. Traveling on a passport close to the expiration date isn't a great idea. Renewing passport is best option, and he can carry his old one along also but travel on the new one.

waqar.ahmad150 said:
AOA,

waqar.ahmad150

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2015 (Online)
Passport Req..
22-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Landed
hubby chubby said:
Wsalam

it is recommend to renew your passport. Traveling on a passport close to the expiration date isn't a great idea. Renewing passport is best option, and he can carry his old one along also but travel on the new one.
Thanks for your reply.

It means there is no issue by renew his passport as visa is stamped on his previous passport. So when his previsions passport will cancel so there will be no effect on visa and he will get exit and entry on his new passport easily. Am i true???

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
waqar.ahmad150 said:
Thanks for your reply.

It means there is no issue by renew his passport as visa is stamped on his previous passport. So when his previsions passport will cancel so there will be no effect on visa and he will get exit and entry on his new passport easily. Am i true???
There will be no effect on visa as long as it is valid. Generally multiple passports are tied / stapled together and used together.

AD119

Jul 31, 2012
muzmil said:
Congrats !! did you send any original invitation letter ?
I send the letter which stated that they are coming here to meet me and I assure the immigration that they will be back to there home country once they visit me and I send my job letter and everything i have here ( which include property, my PR etc).

cherry.soda12

Jan 13, 2014
hello. i'm hoping someone can guide me and give me best advice about obtaining a tourist visa. i live in pakistan. by profession i'm a doctor. i have travel history to australia. i was there on student visa. i want to visit Canada now. i have property in pakistan. my whole family lives in pakistan. i only have a cousin who lives in canada whom i'd like to visit. can someone please tell me how i can improve my chances of getting a tourist visa? any help will be greatly appreciated. regards

mahirali

Oct 22, 2009
Assalam-o-Allaikum Everyone

I am looking forward to apply for my wife Visitor Visa. I have already submitted the application for sponsorship, I have the file number. Does her visit to me will cause delay on that application?

Below are my few questions hope some brother/sister will help me.

1- Do I have to apply online or should I send the application through mail.
2- For the Itinerary, do I have to buy ticket scan them and upload it or there is other way.
3- For Purpose of Travel, Letter, Do anyone here any sample letter, or any suggestion what need to be given in this one.
4- Proof Of Means of Financial Support, Do I have to give my Bank Statement or my Wife Bank Statement or both OR I can attah the last two year of my TAX returns.
5- Invitation Letter, Does any one have a sample Invitation letter.

Please help me and guide if more things required which might help in getting the visitors visa. We will be very thankful for your guidance.

Regards
Mahir

BOXSIR

Nov 30, 2013
Salam Guys please help me out:

My Mom Got Super Visa in 2012 for upto her passports validity which was 2 years.
she came in canada last year and left after 4 months . now she is coming again in March 2014 and her visa is expiring in MAY 2014,
Can we extend super visa within canada during her stay.?
thanks in advance.

dotmatrix

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
AOR Received.
15-06-2013
Med's Request
16-10-2014
Med's Done....
23-10-2014
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
21-12-2014
mahirali said:
Assalam-o-Allaikum Everyone

I am looking forward to apply for my wife Visitor Visa. I have already submitted the application for sponsorship, I have the file number. Does her visit to me will cause delay on that application?

Below are my few questions hope some brother/sister will help me.

1- Do I have to apply online or should I send the application through mail.
2- For the Itinerary, do I have to buy ticket scan them and upload it or there is other way.
3- For Purpose of Travel, Letter, Do anyone here any sample letter, or any suggestion what need to be given in this one.
4- Proof Of Means of Financial Support, Do I have to give my Bank Statement or my Wife Bank Statement or both OR I can attah the last two year of my TAX returns.
5- Invitation Letter, Does any one have a sample Invitation letter.

Please help me and guide if more things required which might help in getting the visitors visa. We will be very thankful for your guidance.

Regards
Mahir
No it will not delay your sponsorship application

1-Online is preferred since it's relatively quicker
2. You are not required to buy a ticket. You need to show a proposed itinerary. Any travel agent can make an itinerary for you for free
3. Read thru the attached thread - I think I posted a sample Purpose of travel on there. Basically your wife should be upfront why she is visiting. Which is to be with you while the PR application is processed.
4. My wife didn't have much money in her account. around Rs. 25,000. I did attach her bank statement though. I attached my banks statement for the last 4 months. Last 4 pay stubs. last year's tax return.
5. Also, in that thread, I think I posted a sample letter of invitation.

Another advice - buy visitors insurance for the time period of your wife's visit and attach proof of purchase and policy papers with the application. I got 99 days insurance for $176.

Good luck

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/got-ppr-for-spouse-trv-online-islamabad-t158083.0.html

mahirali

Oct 22, 2009
Dear Dotmatrix Asslam-o-Allaikum,

Thank you so much brother for helping me, I have for the moment 1 more question, My wife never traveled outside Pakistan and she is also not working at the moment. Would you guide me that how can I show strong ties to back home for her. Is the oath letter is enough?

Regards,
Mahir

dotmatrix

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
AOR Received.
15-06-2013
Med's Request
16-10-2014
Med's Done....
23-10-2014
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
21-12-2014
mahirali said:
Dear Dotmatrix Asslam-o-Allaikum,

Thank you so much brother for helping me, I have for the moment 1 more question, My wife never traveled outside Pakistan and she is also not working at the moment. Would you guide me that how can I show strong ties to back home for her. Is the oath letter is enough?

Regards,
Mahir
I was in the same boat - she had zero travel history. and she had just finished her university. I honestly wrote the whole thing in my application that look she is married and wants to live with her husband and the processing time is way too long and is having a toll on the relationship.

Also, I think oath letter did help my application. I did get it notarized to add a touch of authenticity.