+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

All Pakistanis join this thread

sarfarosh9349

Star Member
Mar 31, 2009
Dear Friends

Thanks for your detailed reply. Now I fully understand the process and what forms needs to be filled. I have few questions, if you would be kind enough to respond back

1. My father and mother both are applying to Temporary Residence Visa to visit my brother Master's graduation. In from 5257B it asks indicate whether you are
A. principal applicant
B. the spouse, common-law partner or dependent child aged 18 yrs. of older
My question is what I should select for my father as well as my mother application. I mean do I select A. principal applicant for my father form and select B. the spouse, common-law partner for my mother form.

2. My father is now retired and has been working all his life in National Bank of Pakistan (A Government bank). There is a question have you ever held any govt positions(such as civil servant, judge, police officer, mayor, member of parliament, hospital admin). My question is should I select yes

3. In the forms they ask for the educational qualification. Do we have to submit the degree/certificate of my parents? Unfortunately, I am not able to find graduation degree of my father. What is the way out of it?

4. What else documents needs to be submitted besides invitation letter from my brother university? Bank statement/certificates/property papers of my parents proving self-financial support.

Please respond

Thanks

fkl said:
For one VFS (basically fedex) are in karachi, lahore and islamabad. So no body has to go to another city.

The forms are 3 and are the ones already mentioned in the thread earlier. They are available under "visit" category of cic website page for pakistan.

If you apply online, first you face a wizard which asks several questions to determine your eligibility and needs for a particular type of visa. You answer several questions, and then a custom package with various forms that you need for your application are generated.

This is what the earlier email meant by "creating profile".

Also these 3 forms are needed PER applicant.

Lastly, medical in general is NOT required for temp resident visa. There are exceptions though, for e.g. my kids are going along with me and i am a temp worker. The only valid visa type for children is trv. However, it is issued for a much longer time and they do not have a limitaion of six months in one stay. So such a trv requires medical which would not be the case for a general visit based trv.

Similarly elderly parents of Canadian residents often apply for "Super visa". It is a kind of trv but is valid for 2 years and can be extended up to 10 years. Plus the length of visit is also longer if approved. I think Super visa also requires a medical.

So as you can see, stating visit visa or trv doesnt ensure whether you will undergo medical or not depending upon which type are you referring to.

If you are just applying for a single entry visit visa for parents who just want to visit ONCE for their kids graduation, they probably don't require a medical.

Please also note that even if a medical is required, you still wont have to go any where. IOM has branches in all 3 cities including karachi which does that.

Hope that helps

ASyed

Jun 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ISL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 2012
AOR Received.
Dec 2012
File Transfer...
ISL April 2013 then LON May 2014 add doc req May 2014 now PPR1 req April 2015
Med's Request
April 21 2015
Interview........
June 2015
VISA ISSUED...
DENIED VISA on June 22 2015
2013applicant said:
Aoa all,

I sponsored my Spouse from Karachi, Pakistan. Listed below are the details to my case:

- Application recieved by CIC: 7 November, 2013

- Sponsorship approval by CIC: 4 December, 2013

- Letter of approval from CIC: 7 January, 2014

The letter of appoval states that my file has been sent to the New Dehli office for further processing.

Can anyone advise me why/how this is the case that a pakistani applicant's file is being processed in India?

I have not heard of such a case, any information would be helpful.
Asslamualikum 2013applicant

That is strange maybe their sending the backlog to New Delhi but why? India has their own cases. The only time that New Delhi is a part of Pakistan's process is when their is a medical.

But please post your question on CHC, Islamabad Spouse Sponsorship Timeline 2012 -2013 thread they may be able to better assist you.

ASyed :)

missing

Jan 7, 2014
Has anybody applied online recently for a trv from pak and gave biometrics ?

What is the usual time frame these days ?

muzmil

Feb 11, 2008
missing said:
Has anybody applied online recently for a trv from pak and gave biometrics ?

What is the usual time frame these days ?
I applied 26 Nov before Biometrics requirements.. since then no news.. when did u apply ?

ammar1987

Dec 14, 2013
muzmil said:
I applied 26 Nov before Biometrics requirements.. since then no news.. when did u apply ?
Assalam Aluikum,

I filed my single entry TRV online on 9th Jan, yesterday around 1 AM paid online fees and got letter for Biometric within 5 minutes. I gave Biometric in the morning at Lahore VFS center.

2013applicant

Dec 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5 November, 2013
File Transfer...
3 February, 2014
Med's Request
13 November, 2014
Med's Done....
27 November, 2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
3 December, 2014 - Passport arrived to CHC office on 5 December, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
29 January, 2015
LANDED..........
February inshAllah!
ASyed said:
Asslamualikum 2013applicant

That is strange maybe their sending the backlog to New Delhi but why? India has their own cases. The only time that New Delhi is a part of Pakistan's process is when their is a medical.

But please post your question on CHC, Islamabad Spouse Sponsorship Timeline 2012 -2013 thread they may be able to better assist you.

Just got a call from CIC and they said it was a mistake on their end and the file has been forwarded to Islamabad.

AD119

Jul 31, 2012
Shukar Allah :) My Parents got multiple TRV Visa yesterday. I am so happy.
Inshallah everyone will get the visa soon. Aamin :) :) :)

missing

Jan 7, 2014
AD119 said:
IA and Ameeen.. can u share when did u apply for ur parents and from where ??

AD119

Jul 31, 2012
missing said:
IA and Ameeen.. can u share when did u apply for ur parents and from where ??
I live in Calgary, I filled the forms and send all the scan copies to my parents and then they applied from Karachi.
the detailed are as under;
Oct 21, 2013 submitted with Canadian Visa application Centre
Oct 22, 2013 Islamabad office received it
Nov 07, 2013 Medical received by email
Nov 18, 2013 Medical done
Jan 08,2013 Visa Issued
Jann 09,2013 Got the call from CVAC :)

muzmil

Feb 11, 2008
AD119 said:
I live in Calgary, I filled the forms and send all the scan copies to my parents and then they applied from Karachi.
the detailed are as under;
Oct 21, 2013 submitted with Canadian Visa application Centre
Oct 22, 2013 Islamabad office received it
Nov 07, 2013 Medical received by email
Nov 18, 2013 Medical done
Jan 08,2013 Visa Issued
Jann 09,2013 Got the call from CVAC :)
Congrats !! did you send any original invitation letter ?

ASyed

Jun 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ISL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 2012
AOR Received.
Dec 2012
File Transfer...
ISL April 2013 then LON May 2014 add doc req May 2014 now PPR1 req April 2015
Med's Request
April 21 2015
Interview........
June 2015
VISA ISSUED...
DENIED VISA on June 22 2015
AD119 said:
Asslamualikum AD119,

Congratulations!!! Allhumdullilah that is wonderful news. Enjoy your time with them. In Sha Allah Ameen

ikteza

Oct 7, 2013
Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-11
IELTS Request
09-06-10
Med's Request
12-03-13
Med's Done....
27-03-13
Passport Req..
12-09-12
VISA ISSUED...
24-10-13
Salam to all.

I just have a small query . i dnt knw if any of know have faced this situation.
My dad is in Qatar ( Middle EAST) now and has applied for Visitor visa. Is it necessary for him to give his bio metrics only in Abu Dhabi or he can proccede with it in Pakistan ? As getting a visa fr Abu Dhabi is a difficult.