Submitted along with the application
File Transfer...
No Idea when they transfered it.
Med's Request
25/04/2013
Med's Done....
30/04/2013
Interview........
I hope i don't have to go through this...
Passport Req..
Waiting ...
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
I just saw this forum and i figured that this is a great platform to address what ever concerns you have related to visa's. I certainly need your help guys. Although i have done this process multiple times but i think getting expert opinion is not a bad idea at all.

Back ground in short.

We are three brothers and one sister. Out of which me, my younger brother and sister is already here. My parents both Mom and Dad has 5 years multiple Visas and we are left with one lad back home. They youngest bro.

Thing is that my younger brother who is studying here in University of Waterloo is graduating this August 2013 so i was wondering if i we can get a Convocation invite from the university and can apply for the visa for the lad. What you think are the chances of acceptance. I know Waterloo University sponser would have great impact but still do you think is it the riht way to go ? if not then wht you guys suggest.

kilas78

Sep 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,

I am near completion of my Masters Degree in Toronto, and want my family to come and attend my graduation ceremony in November 2013.

I had applied for a TRV for my family ONLINE, but got rejected within a day of application.

The reasons stated are as follows:

You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident.
In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including:

-- Your travel history
-- Your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence
-- Your personal assets and financial status
-- You have not provided sufficient documentation to support your / your host's income and assets.

I want to re-apply for them asap, so that they come here for my graduation ceremony on time.

-- Your Travel History ( My Documentation)
The travel history is sufficient, my mother and 2 sisters have been going to Dubai, Saudia Arabia several times and back on time. All Passport pages were provided to them.

My family is very well settled in Pakistan, and has a lot of financial resources that I provided in the bank statement of my mother, and my sisters are students in their 2nd an 3rd year of studies hence they are compensated by my family.

-- Your family ties in Canada and country of residence

I am the only son who is out here in Canada, my grandparents, my mamo`s, khala`s, my elder sister who is married, my father who is working in Pakistan, are all there in Pakistan. And we have no immediate relatives living in Canada.

--You have not provided sufficient documentation to support your / your host's income and assets.

I am a student, and do not possess any income as yet, I get a stipend for my internship that`s it, and the assets that I have are a mobile phone and my clothes, should I provide walmart receipts of these belongings to them ??

Please advise me all members for what to do next, as I have to re-apply for them as soon as possible,

I have got a Letter from the university with their names for inviting them to Graduation ceremony, but have to think twice when spending $400 again and getting rejected within 1-2 days of filing online application.

Is it good to Post the application to CIC ISB ? or is it better to apply online ?

What more documents can I provide to strengthen this case further?

waqar.ahmad150

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2015 (Online)
Passport Req..
22-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2015 (Multiple 4 Years)
LANDED..........
Landed
Dear Kilas 78,

AOA,

In the light of your detailed description, i will advise u brother that apply TRV only for your parents for convocation ceremony. If u will apply again with your whole family then it will clear that your family ties are week from Pakistan. So VO can refuses your application again.

You can also take suggestions from other experts/seniors in this forum. Thanks

Best Regards
Waqar Ahmad
(Canada TRV Approved)

Baham

Star Member
Jun 28, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CCP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
0711 - Construction Engineer
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/08/2012
Doc's Request.
06/01/2013
AOR Received.
09/23/2012
IELTS Request
Submitted along with the application
File Transfer...
No Idea when they transfered it.
Med's Request
25/04/2013
Med's Done....
30/04/2013
Interview........
I hope i don't have to go through this...
Passport Req..
Waiting ...
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Guys can we apply online now ? if we have to apply for CHC islamabad ? What is the latest process of geting TRVs

kilas78

Sep 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
WOS

Thank you waqar.ahmad150 for your reply. Your suggestion is quite useful. I would appreciate more members contributions too, and if anyone has been able to secure a visa for their family similar to my case.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Baham said:
Guys can we apply online now ? if we have to apply for CHC islamabad ? What is the latest process of geting TRVs
Online applications have been active for a long time. However, they are still processed through CIC islamabad but the speed is certainly much faster since for paper based submission staff in isb scans and uploads the docs which is not the case when you submit online.

Also your original docs remain with you and there is little chance of them being lost as has happened in case of some paper based applicants that i know of.

SO FOR EVERY ONE OUT THERE WHO IS GOING TO APPLY, ONLINE IS THE WAY TO GO, BUT MAINLY BECAUSE OF SPEED OF PROCESSING. It does not improve or reduce your chances of getting visa. Processing is still done at Islamabad any way, unless you are already in canada or some other country on a non visitor visa and are applying to your respective visa office.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
kilas78 said:
Hello All,

I am near completion of my Masters Degree in Toronto, and want my family to come and attend my graduation ceremony in November 2013.

I had applied for a TRV for my family ONLINE, but got rejected within a day of application.

The reasons stated are as follows:

You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident.
In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including:

-- Your travel history
-- Your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence
-- You have not provided sufficient documentation to support your / your host's income and assets.

I want to re-apply for them asap, so that they come here for my graduation ceremony on time.

-- Your Travel History ( My Documentation)
The travel history is sufficient, my mother and 2 sisters have been going to Dubai, Saudia Arabia several times and back on time. All Passport pages were provided to them.

My family is very well settled in Pakistan, and has a lot of financial resources that I provided in the bank statement of my mother, and my sisters are students in their 2nd an 3rd year of studies hence they are compensated by my family.

-- Your family ties in Canada and country of residence

I am the only son who is out here in Canada, my grandparents, my mamo`s, khala`s, my elder sister who is married, my father who is working in Pakistan, are all there in Pakistan. And we have no immediate relatives living in Canada.

--You have not provided sufficient documentation to support your / your host's income and assets.

I am a student, and do not possess any income as yet, I get a stipend for my internship that`s it, and the assets that I have are a mobile phone and my clothes, should I provide walmart receipts of these belongings to them ??

Please advise me all members for what to do next, as I have to re-apply for them as soon as possible,

I have got a Letter from the university with their names for inviting them to Graduation ceremony, but have to think twice when spending $400 again and getting rejected within 1-2 days of filing online application.

Is it good to Post the application to CIC ISB ? or is it better to apply online ?

What more documents can I provide to strengthen this case further?
Firstly, you should apply for a super visa for your mother instead of normal temp resident visa. Because that is the norm for inviting parents.

Obviously you are a student so expecting you to afford their visit doesn't make sense. Did you mention in your forms that the family in Pakistan would pay for their visit i.e. they would carry enough funds along? Those need to be written in the forms, plus shown in bank statements with any other supporting document that they are not dependent on you for their stay in Canada.

Any document which clearly shows that your sisters would need to return to Pakistan such as their currently pursued degree here etc. would be useful. Did you attach any such thing in the first application?

Any document like your father's stable job etc. in Pakistan would help showing your strong ties here. If your mother or sister have a property in their name as well, that would help too.

You should apply online as that is the faster processing means. But it makes no difference to the possibility of it being accepted or rejected. Both ways it is processed at islamabad.

After attaching all the docs, write a cover letter explaining your situation and OUTLINING WHAT SUPPORTING DOCS you have attached. When we attach a lot of documents but don't describe them in summary, they are usually missed or ignored or lose their value since the VO might fail to RELATE what a specific document is, and HOW it supports your case. Write this all in a cover letter (typed), print it, sign it and upload a scanned copy.

One last thing what is just a personal opinion, just based upon what i have seen in applications so far. SHOW ENOUGH MONEY TO AFFORD THE EXPENSE OF STAY. But DON'T SHOW TOO MUCH even if you have it.

Why? Because most of the people who i see show large amounts of money (hefty bank statements, large pieces of land) are often rejected. I think the reason is that their otherwise profile is not very strong i.e. education / work etc. and VO thinks they have enough money to CONTINUE STAYING in canada for a long time without any reasonable need. In contrast a person who only has enough money to cover his intended stay and would only stay longer, if he finds means to pursue living there e.g. get work, continue study with scholarship etc. which is a more valid reason for continued stay than any thing else. This is just a personal assessment. Nothing concrete.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
crydso said:
Hi Fellow Applicants,

I sent my passport for TRV at the Los Angeles consulate, they received my documents on April 22nd 2013, cashed my cashiers check May 10th 2013, and I have NOT yet received a reply from them. I hold a Pakistani passport, and I have traveled to Canada twice in the last 10 years.

I am NOT sure if anyone on this forum has faced this kind of delay, it will be 2 months tomorrow, the processing time that is listed on their website is 30 days. I am NOT sure what I can do to get my passport back, I don't care about the visa anymore, I just need my documents back to travel elsewhere.

I have faxed them multiple times and also have sent numerous emails but no response from them!

Any suggestions and/or helpful ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Did you write all your details in the email i.e. Name, Date of birth, Passport number, Courier name and id, Date of delivery of courier, your address and contact number?

This is required because at times, if for some reason they find your applicant incomplete, they don't create a file and the package is lying some where. You need to give them the above mentioned details to locate it.

P.S. This has happened to me personally once, i.e. i emailed them with all above details (except the courier tracking number) and they replied in email saying we failed to find any thing related to this data. Please add the courier details. I did and they found the package and returned it to me with the reason for which they considered it incomplete.

Important to note here is, they only did this AFTER I EMAILED them. Otherwise, they were silent for a little over a month since receiving the application.

Edit: One last thing which is different from your case was, my check was not cashed. Was it written in the name of "Receiver general of Canada"? Even better if it had the sender's name some where i.e. yours (even with a pen at the back?).

Cashing of check should mean the application was NOT incomplete. Because incomplete applications have no record and are returned unprocessed. But in that case they should at least have created a file and could give you the file number to track in response of your email.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Baham said:
I just saw this forum and i figured that this is a great platform to address what ever concerns you have related to visa's. I certainly need your help guys. Although i have done this process multiple times but i think getting expert opinion is not a bad idea at all.

Back ground in short.

We are three brothers and one sister. Out of which me, my younger brother and sister is already here. My parents both Mom and Dad has 5 years multiple Visas and we are left with one lad back home. They youngest bro.

Thing is that my younger brother who is studying here in University of Waterloo is graduating this August 2013 so i was wondering if i we can get a Convocation invite from the university and can apply for the visa for the lad. What you think are the chances of acceptance. I know Waterloo University sponser would have great impact but still do you think is it the riht way to go ? if not then wht you guys suggest.
I seriously think there is a little chance for the lad to get a visa. This is the norm of countries like US for giving visitor visa i.e. leave one person behind which ensures the family wont permanently settle there.

So the only possibility i can think of is, when the guy himself secures e.g. admission at a good college or university in canada. No simple means of temporary resident visas in my opinion.

FreeHelp4Pakistanis

Star Member
May 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-09-2013
LANDED..........
29-10-2013
@fkl,
Bravo.I really appreciate your help and time for our fellow members here.I am really thankful to waqar.ahmad150 again.keep it up guys.you all are doing great job.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
FreeHelp4Pakistanis said:
@ fkl,
Bravo.I really appreciate your help and time for our fellow members here.I am really thankful to waqar.ahmad150 again.keep it up guys.you all are doing great job.
Thanks and no problem. I guess once you are through with this process and all of it oddness and hitches, the best and most constructive way to get the frustration out, is to help others avoid it. For one at the very least, all the exploration and countless hours one wasted in learning the process better, gets to be useful to some one.

mrs.riz

May 18, 2013
Salam,
i have question please reply me.my spousal immigration is in process.timeline for spousal immigration is 29 months.i want to
apply for registration exam for dentist in canada.i dont want gap in my studies.i m working as a junior lecturer in hospital.is this
possible that first i enroll in exam and after that i apply for trv.my travel history is nil.i have reference from my head of department which is stating that i will come back and continue my job here.

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
fkl said:
Firstly, you should apply for a super visa for your mother instead of normal temp resident visa. Because that is the norm for inviting parents.
A Super Visa requires a minimum amount of income, which the OP as a University student will not be able to show.

Zahid Sarfraz

Star Member
Mar 14, 2013
lahore,Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
chc-islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
oct,2011
Doc's Request.
jun,2012
AOR Received.
dec,2011
File Transfer...
dec,2011
Med's Done....
oct,2011
Interview........
in que ..waiting from jan 2013
Passport Req..
In-sha-Allah sooooon
VISA ISSUED...
In-sha-Allah
LANDED..........
waiting.....
HI plz help me about my cause ,, i applied spouse cause in oct 7 2011 ,file transfer islamabad after approve from canada since 14 dec 2011, in january 2012 my wife was sick very badly had spend 2 weeks in hospital so i applied in feb 2012 TRV and rejected ,,as u know same rejection like all of them ,, any way i'm still awiting for our cause and my wife she is alone she visit here in august 2012 again and now 2013 she want come here again but its not posible to come here she has some medical problem and going 2 doctor properly every 2 weeks.. can i apply again TRV ? or should i wait for our file ...i got email from chc islamabad jan 7 2013, they have no required any documents buts u file in interview Que,,,moreover i sent more documents when shen came to me ..still awaiting plzz help me Thanks