+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

All Pakistanis join this thread

hamid607

Star Member
Nov 2, 2017
Your current application is for a new TRV from scratch. There is no renewal for TRVs.

Background checks are done if the visa office believes it is necessary i.e. depending on when you had previously applied, which countries you have traveled to/lived in the interim, etc
Visa office says that the applications are under security check process,
Any idea how long they take max for the background check and is it the last process before they grant visa?

ubfx

Oct 6, 2017
Any idea how long they take max for the background check and is it the last process before they grant visa?
mine as well i asked VAC so they replied min 3 months and it could take 4 to 5 months as well as they have no control over it i withdraw passport and hopefully will get it tomorrow good luck :)

Omairi7

Sep 29, 2017
It really depends on how quickly they will complete the process of background checks. They usually takes 3-6 months or may be more in rare cases.

We cannot predict that this will be the last process before visa approval but this is the step which decides your visa confirmation.

ubfx

Oct 6, 2017
It really depends on how quickly they will complete the process of background checks. They usually takes 3-6 months or may be more in rare cases.

We cannot predict that this will be the last process before visa approval but this is the step which decides your visa confirmation.
agree with you but it is a hope in positive way that they consider your application either you know it took just 5 days to them to send you love letter ...

hamid607

Star Member
Nov 2, 2017
mine as well i asked VAC so they replied min 3 months and it could take 4 to 5 months as well as they have no control over it i withdraw passport and hopefully will get it tomorrow good luck :)
Plz keep posted about your application

Wardaanis

May 28, 2017
Hello

My mother will be traveling to the US in December. She wants to apply for TRV online from the US to visit me in Canada. I was wondering if she can submit her application online before entering the US, so that she has sufficient time to plan her visit to me?

Wardah

Anwers

Mar 30, 2017
Karachi
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello

My mother will be traveling to the US in December. She wants to apply for TRV online from the US to visit me in Canada. I was wondering if she can submit her application online before entering the US, so that she has sufficient time to plan her visit to me?

Wardah
Yes , she can apply now as it takes from a week upto 6 months for TRV ..many of august and september applicants are still waiting for the decision ... and yes once she gets approved she can get it stamped in US

Omairi7

Sep 29, 2017
Is it possible to get stamped our passport from the country we are in like on business hop i was in Germany.

ubfx

Oct 6, 2017
Is it possible to get stamped our passport from the country we are in like on business hop i was in Germany.
i read in this forum that is possible but not sure about ours as we applied offline however in online cases you can send CSE request and ask them to submit passport to any nearest VAC and they allow for it.

Anwers

Mar 30, 2017
Karachi
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes its possible but it might take up to 10 working days to get stamp .. so depends how long you can stay in germany

Omairi7

Sep 29, 2017
Yes its possible but it might take up to 10 working days to get stamp .. so depends how long you can stay in germany

Great. I am back in home town now and planning to USA. Thats why i asked this question regarding stamping my passport if approved. :)