+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

All Pakistanis join this thread

Omairi7

Sep 29, 2017
@Bryanna and other expert members. Can you please explain the processing time actual means 38 days. Are they saying 38 working days or calendar days?

Mrmoody90

May 25, 2017
Hey @Bryanna

OK so my wife contact her MP again and this is what we got from the MP office.

I'm super stressed and worried now coz Feb 2018 is like only 2 months from the delivery date. In case they refuse my application I would not have enough time to re-apply.... Bryanna please help me what should I do now. Do you reckon a immigration or Human Rights lawyer... I can't afford to miss this it's my first baby

MP (email)

we have received a response from IRCC regarding the status of """" TRV application, please see below.

IRCC has advised security verifications are still in process. if you do not recieve any correspondence from IRCC by
February 1st 2018, Please let us know.

Good day Elisabeth,

Thank you for contacting the information centre of memebers of parliment and senators.

We have verified the information you provided on behalf of you consitituent.

Since your last inquiry dating from 31 aug 2017, there is no new information available at this time. The security verifications
are still in progress.

There are no specific delays for the comletion of background verifications. Rest assured that the responsible office will contact your
contituents directly if anything is required or when a decision has been rendered.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hey @Bryanna

OK so my wife contact her MP again and this is what we got from the MP office.

I'm super stressed and worried now coz Feb 2018 is like only 2 months from the delivery date. In case they refuse my application I would not have enough time to re-apply.... Bryanna please help me what should I do now. Do you reckon a immigration or Human Rights lawyer... I can't afford to miss this it's my first baby

MP (email)

we have received a response from IRCC regarding the status of """" TRV application, please see below.

IRCC has advised security verifications are still in process. if you do not recieve any correspondence from IRCC by
February 1st 2018, Please let us know.

Good day Elisabeth,

Thank you for contacting the information centre of memebers of parliment and senators.

We have verified the information you provided on behalf of you consitituent.

Since your last inquiry dating from 31 aug 2017, there is no new information available at this time. The security verifications
are still in progress.

There are no specific delays for the comletion of background verifications. Rest assured that the responsible office will contact your
contituents directly if anything is required or when a decision has been rendered.
First, please remain calm..... deep breath..... don't panic :)

Honestly, there is no reason to panic or to think the worst. It is Status Quo even at this moment. No changes. No new background checks. Nothing. The situation is still the same as before.

It is the MP who has mentioned the date of February next year. Not IRCC. There's a big difference in this.

Please do NOT.... I repeat do NOT..... complicate your situation by hiring a Human Rights lawyer. There are no human rights violations in your case. It could affect your future PR application. To be issued a visa is a privilege, and not a right. If IRCC needs XX months to clear your file then you cannot request an express service.

Is there some information/details which you have not shared on this forum that could explain why there are detailed/prolonged security checks??
Have you traveled to or lived in a high-risk country (not Pakistan or Australia)?
Is your name a common one? Could someone else have the same identity/name as you?
Did you apply for PR or asylum in another country?
Have you ordered GCMS Notes?

Maybe your answers are negative to these questions. But I was just wondering why there's a delay in completing the background checks.

Regardless, again, don't worry. Remember that after you're cleared for the TRV, your PR application could possibly be cleared quickly too

Mrmoody90

May 25, 2017
Thanks for the cheer up bryanna
Well I don't think I lived in high risk country (Saudi Arabia, pakistan and Austrialia)
I'm not sure if my name is common or not but I don't think so.
Nope
And yes I did order GCMS notes last week.

Thanks once again for the advice

First, please remain calm..... deep breath..... don't panic :)

Honestly, there is no reason to panic or to think the worst. It is Status Quo even at this moment. No changes. No new background checks. Nothing. The situation is still the same as before.

It is the MP who has mentioned the date of February next year. Not IRCC. There's a big difference in this.

Please do NOT.... I repeat do NOT..... complicate your situation by hiring a Human Rights lawyer. There are no human rights violations in your case. It could affect your future PR application. To be issued a visa is a privilege, and not a right. If IRCC needs XX months to clear your file then you cannot request an express service.

Is there some information/details which you have not shared on this forum that could explain why there are detailed/prolonged security checks??
Have you traveled to or lived in a high-risk country (not Pakistan or Australia)?
Is your name a common one? Could someone else have the same identity/name as you?
Did you apply for PR or asylum in another country?
Have you ordered GCMS Notes?

Maybe your answers are negative to these questions. But I was just wondering why there's a delay in completing the background checks.

Regardless, again, don't worry. Remember that after you're cleared for the TRV, your PR application could possibly be cleared quickly too

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks for the cheer up bryanna
Well I don't think I lived in high risk country (Saudi Arabia, pakistan and Austrialia)
I'm not sure if my name is common or not but I don't think so.
Nope
And yes I did order GCMS notes last week.

Thanks once again for the advice
Just maybe it's your stay in Saudi Arabia that's causing a delay. Maybe.

I had come across at least one similar case.... Pakistani applicant (he was a senior), but the background checks took longer because he had worked in Saudi for some years and later, he had a history of visiting Saudi quite often

Mrmoody90

May 25, 2017
Well yeah could be coz I went to Saudi when I was only 9 years old and moved to Australia when I was 18-19 I guess...

I had come across at least one similar case.... Pakistani applicant (he was a senior), but the background checks took longer because he had worked in Saudi for some years and later, he had a history of visiting Saudi quite often

Mrmoody90

May 25, 2017
Hello @Bryanna

So I was just checking my application and I saw some changes/status update
"Review of documents" back to

Application/profile details
Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. Help - Application status
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help - Review of eligibility
Review of medical results You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Review of medical results
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents. Help - Review of additional documents
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Interview
Biometrics Completed. Help - Biometrics
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. Help - Background check
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hello @Bryanna

So I was just checking my application and I saw some changes/status update
"Review of documents" back to

Application/profile details
Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. Help - Application status
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help - Review of eligibility
Review of medical results You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Review of medical results
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents. Help - Review of additional documents
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Interview
Biometrics Completed. Help - Biometrics
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. Help - Background check
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
No, IRCC does not need any additional documents.

Processing was/is/continues to be at the Background Check stage i.e. security checks (probably doing fingerprint and name checks with FBI, Interpol, RCMP, UK Police, etc). That's why it is probably taking so long

Omairi7

Sep 29, 2017

Processing was/is/continues to be at the Background Check stage i.e. security checks (probably doing fingerprint and name checks with FBI, Interpol, RCMP, UK Police, etc). That's why it is probably taking so long
Dear @Bryanna

What exactly is RCMP ?

Omairi7

Sep 29, 2017
I remember when i applied for my US visa 1st time in which they took almost 4 months in background checks and end result was Visa. The best part was how they keep me informed about my case since the time of interview. Visa officer told me that i approvd your application but it requires some background checks so we will take some time meanwhile you can take your passport .

Reactions: hamid607

Mrmoody90

May 25, 2017
@Bryanna
Yes that I know but if you remember I told you I never upload any additional documents but the status was changed on 17 oct
"Review of additional documents The additional documents you provided have been uploaded."

and noe back to no additional documents needed.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Bryanna
Yes that I know but if you remember I told you I never upload any additional documents but the status was changed on 17 oct
"Review of additional documents The additional documents you provided have been uploaded."

and noe back to no additional documents needed.
Maybe IRCC realized it was a mistake and corrected the update :)

A count ant

Apr 2, 2011
TRV Approved, got my Passport.

A Special thanks to @Bryanna, i am really grateful. That one suggestion ,.. to send the important documents through CSE ASAP did the trick i think...

So here is my timeline...
Applied : 14th July
Sent Additional Documents on: August (some date)
Silence for 100 days
TRV Approved....

So if there is anything i can help u guys with,, plz feel free to ask....
I think i was pretty wrong to be that pessimistic. And thanx for Bryanna again who kept saying to stay Calm. :)
Wow! Mabrook ! This is indeed great news!

It would be great to shed some light on your profile (as much as you feel comfy with of course). Are you employed? businessman?Travel History? Have family in Canada? Funds? etc .. would help us prepare in ours!

:D