+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

All Ottawa October applicants

Sonamal

Star Member
Mar 5, 2018
We talked again to an agent and she said that everything is complete but they're waiting to find a spot to fit all four of us in !!! this doesn't make any sense for me since other families are getting oath invite even if they've passed the citizenship test months after us!! It should be by priority or I'm I wrong?

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
We talked again to an agent and she said that everything is complete but they're waiting to find a spot to fit all four of us in !!! this doesn't make any sense for me since other families are getting oath invite even if they've passed the citizenship test months after us!! It should be by priority or I'm I wrong?
It doesn't make sense for me too. At least your husband should have gotten his DM status. However, it could take time between finishing all the background checks and the DM status. We called almost 2 weeks before the DM, and they told us background checks are done. It took them 2 weeks to take a decision after that call.
Good luck,
N_O

Reactions: Sonamal

Sonamal

Star Member
Mar 5, 2018
It doesn't make sense for me too. At least your husband should have gotten his DM status. However, it could take time between finishing all the background checks and the DM status. We called almost 2 weeks before the DM, and they told us background checks are done. It took them 2 weeks to take a decision after that call.
Good luck,
N_O
Thank you no choice but to be patient! Good luck to you as well!

Reactions: wvo2017 and N_O

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
This is interesting. It makes sense that the more people in a family, the harder to fit them in one ceremony. I mean they have to move four single applicants for your family, even though they might have applied around the same time or later than you. Way easier to deal with one complaint than four ;)

Also the call centre agents sometimes don't have (or don't wanna give) accurate and detailed info (more work for them). I used to work in customer support so I know this :D I even suspect they sometimes make up things just to make you go away, which is why I never wanted to call them. It could be one of your family members has certain issue (most likely minor, as they don't make big lies, only small ones that are close to the truth) that's dragging but won't change the outcome, so they simply tell you everything is fine :p Either way everything should/will be fine so don't worry.

Sonamal

Star Member
Mar 5, 2018
This is interesting. It makes sense that the more people in a family, the harder to fit them in one ceremony. I mean they have to move four single applicants for your family, even though they might have applied around the same time or later than you. Way easier to deal with one complaint than four ;)

Also the call centre agents sometimes don't have (or don't wanna give) accurate and detailed info (more work for them). I used to work in customer support so I know this :D I even suspect they sometimes make up things just to make you go away, which is why I never wanted to call them. It could be one of your family members has certain issue (most likely minor, as they don't make big lies, only small ones that are close to the truth) that's dragging but won't change the outcome, so they simply tell you everything is fine :p Either way everything should/will be fine so don't worry.
Well! All that being said,I honestly don't really care as much anymore since vacation is over and school is starting soon! They can take all the time they need anyways they should answer us before October 19 which is the filing date !

maria_786

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2013
does anyone know how long the whole test process takes? I am in Ottawa n test is this Thursday at 8:15, should 2 hours be enough? im April 2018 applicant.

Reactions: soon2018

soon2018

Jun 23, 2018
does anyone know how long the whole test process takes? I am in Ottawa n test is this Thursday at 8:15, should 2 hours be enough? im April 2018 applicant.
Hello Maria,

I remembered that my test was at 10:15 am and I had seen people from 8:15 waiting for an interview. Indeed, for my case, I had to wait 2 hours approximately.

sistemc

Feb 2, 2014
Everything depends on how fast do you complete the test. If you are among the first to complete the test you won't wait much for the interview officer. But if you are among last, you would need to wait for everyone else interview to finish. See also my Ottawa test/interview experience at https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/all-ottawa-october-applicants.543349/page-16#post-6816272