+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

All Ottawa October applicants

Sonamal

Star Member
Mar 5, 2018
Hello all,

I have contacted the cic after one year of receiving my application, and here is their response:

We verified the information provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.

While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that we will communicate with you once a decision is taken.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

Please let me know if anyone is on the same page as me.
I would suggest you contact your MP's office they provide them with more info to why it's taking so long! Hope you get the invite soon! Hang in there!

Reactions: soon2018

soon2018

Jun 23, 2018
I would suggest you contact your MP's office they provide them with more info to why it's taking so long! Hope you get the invite soon! Hang in there!
Unfortunately, the MP can’t do anything if the application is stacked at the security check. That is what he has just told me.

Reactions: Sonamal

Sonamal

Star Member
Mar 5, 2018
Unfortunately, the MP can’t do anything if the application is stacked at the security check. That is what he has just told me.
Yes if it's security check you need to wait but at least you know why you're still waiting.
You'll get there ! Good luck!

Reactions: soon2018

Mus063

Sep 23, 2018
1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 18, 2017. 2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canadaon January 29, 2018. 3. We started processing your application on February 10, 2018. 4. We sent you a letter on November 23, 2018. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. Logout sta

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
Guys ... I am not sure if the interview/test pattern is uniform all over Canada or specific to CIC city office. If it is the City basis, can we sharing what are the documents the CIC officer expects form us during the interview (a part from original documents of whose copies we submitted along with application package)