Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
Everything depends on how fast do you complete the test. If you are among the first to complete the test you won't wait much for the interview officer. But if you are among last, you would need to wait for everyone else interview to finish. See also my Ottawa test/interview experience at https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/all-ottawa-october-applicants.543349/page-16#post-6816272
I think that's only true for the first 2 or 3 people. I finished my test pretty fast but there was a few people even faster than me. I think I was like the 6th or 7th finisher, and I had to wait like an hour for my interview. The gold and silver medalist got interviewed right away, and the rest seemed random to me. So you gotta finish it in a couple of minutes to beat almost everyone...

maria_786

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2013
Everything depends on how fast do you complete the test. If you are among the first to complete the test you won't wait much for the interview officer. But if you are among last, you would need to wait for everyone else interview to finish. See also my Ottawa test/interview experience at https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/all-ottawa-october-applicants.543349/page-16#post-6816272
thanks a lot! dont they only give u half an hour? i read ur post in detail ..i dont have the calculation print out the i sent with my application i cant seem to find it may be i didnt save it :s is that okay or will it be an issue? I only have my current n expired passport, corp n ielts test result, PR card n health card as ids.

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
thanks a lot! dont they only give u half an hour? i read ur post in detail ..i dont have the calculation print out the i sent with my application i cant seem to find it may be i didnt save it :s is that okay or will it be an issue? I only have my current n expired passport, corp n ielts test result, PR card n health card as ids.
What you have is enough. If you have stamps that need to be translated, you can bring the translation too.

Canven84

Oct 17, 2017
Hello, I have been away from the forum for a bit. I applied originally in Toronto but I moved for work to Ottawa. I got the test invitation for Toronto in August but I had to reschedule because I wasn't able to go there in the middle of the week. Now I checked my status online and shows "We sent you a notice on September 4, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on September 25, 2018..."
I haven't received the mail letter or email so far. Please someone know how long does it usually take to arrive?... Thank you.

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello, I have been away from the forum for a bit. I applied originally in Toronto but I moved for work to Ottawa. I got the test invitation for Toronto in August but I had to reschedule because I wasn't able to go there in the middle of the week. Now I checked my status online and shows "We sent you a notice on September 4, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on September 25, 2018..."
I haven't received the mail letter or email so far. Please someone know how long does it usually take to arrive?... Thank you.
Updated the tracker. Congrats!!

Have you checked your email, including Junk folder just in case you do not miss on any email communication. If they sent test invite by mail then it should be received by now. Is there someone to check mails in Toronto, or you changed your address to Ottawa after you moved. You can always call IRCC to find out more details.

Canven84

Oct 17, 2017
Updated the tracker. Congrats!!

Have you checked your email, including Junk folder just in case you do not miss on any email communication. If they sent test invite by mail then it should be received by now. Is there someone to check mails in Toronto, or you changed your address to Ottawa after you moved. You can always call IRCC to find out more details.
Hi, thank you for updating my info... Please note that I changed to Ottawa, it says Scarborough in the tracker.

Yes I've been checking my email constantly and the spam folder. I received the invitation from Toronto by email with no problem. I think I read that from Ottawa are sent by regular mail. I will have to call, I've never done it because is difficult for me to find hours available to wait on the phone.

I changed my address to Ottawa in the system and also notified them about the move when I requested to reschedule the test. I can see my new address in the system. I also arranged mail forwarding but I don't know if this can of mail has "Not forward" label.

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, thank you for updating my info... Please note that I changed to Ottawa, it says Scarborough in the tracker.

Yes I've been checking my email constantly and the spam folder. I received the invitation from Toronto by email with no problem. I think I read that from Ottawa are sent by regular mail. I will have to call, I've never done it because is difficult for me to find hours available to wait on the phone.

I changed my address to Ottawa in the system and also notified them about the move when I requested to reschedule the test. I can see my new address in the system. I also arranged mail forwarding but I don't know if this can of mail has "Not forward" label.
Updated your location to Ottawa in tracker.

Mus063

Sep 23, 2018
Hi my name is Mustafa my question to time I don’t pass the test to time officers told me I give you one chance again you can’t talk to Officer add three time last one yes four week maybe eight week My question what is the question officer please help me anybody thank you

Reactions: soon2018

Sonamal

Star Member
Mar 5, 2018
Hi i have been reading the posts for last couple of days.. any news about ur oath invite? I am sure u will get it soon
Surprisingly nothing yet!!!!! I have sent an email to my MP and they contacted them! Apparently my husband and I are complete and awaiting oath my oldest daughter who had studied in North America since kindergarten and is now 23 years old living with us is residence and language pending! My 16 years old is security check pending that's what the immigration agent told them. So patiently waiting....

soon2018

Jun 23, 2018
Hi my name is Mustafa my question to time I don’t pass the test to time officers told me I give you one chance again you can’t talk to Officer add three time last one yes four week maybe eight week My question what is the question officer please help me anybody thank you
I can’t understand your question sorry.

Reactions: Mus063

Mus063

Sep 23, 2018
He gave me a third chance My question is, if you have friends who have previously experienced this experience, what kind of QUESTIONS you take out

Reactions: soon2018

soon2018

Jun 23, 2018
He gave me a third chance My question is, if you have friends who have previously experienced this experience, what kind of QUESTIONS you take out
Will it be again a written test or oral test? In both cases, I recommend you to see websites that deal with citizenship sample exams as they are very useful.
I guess you have a hard time to read the whole citizenship book.

Reactions: Mus063