Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
For those who recent got test invite, did you get email or postal mail for the invite? Just wondering how IRCC Ottawa operates on this.

Thanks.

IXIA150

Apr 28, 2017
For those who recent got test invite, did you get email or postal mail for the invite? Just wondering how IRCC Ottawa operates on this.

Thanks.
ECAS adds an update of the invite, and you receive the invitaion via regular mail. If you don't get the letter with mail until one week before the test date, then you should call CIC and they will email it attached to you.

Reactions: ZingyDNA

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
ECAS adds an update of the invite, and you receive the invitaion via regular mail. If you don't get the letter with mail until one week before the test date, then you should call CIC and they will email it attached to you.
Sounds good. Thanks for letting me know!

curious_123

Jun 19, 2014
Hello All

+Do we have a lot of question on historical figures and date/year ? If any one who have written please share which ones did you get ? I am finding it hard to remember all the year

+Are the any question very specific to ottawa?

SHaRPY

Jan 11, 2018

Thanks.
Usually, you will get an update on your eCAS and you will get a document in mail with all the details (when and where and what you need to bring etc).

Reactions: ZingyDNA

Sonamal

Star Member
Mar 5, 2018
Just thought to check my husband's status and it's still IP since the test day feb 16. At the interview the officer said he needs to check his taxes with the IRS which usually only takes 1 or 2 days, he said. since it's a family application, we all got DM except him. Anyone in same boat? Or knows how long before getting the invitation to the Oath .C?

Reactions: Pcanadian

Pcanadian

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
Just thought to check my husband's status and it's still IP since the test day feb 16. At the interview the officer said he needs to check his taxes with the IRS which usually only takes 1 or 2 days, he said. since it's a family application, we all got DM except him. Anyone in same boat? Or knows how long before getting the invitation to the Oath .C?
There are many people like you but it's hard to tell how long you should wait for him to get DM.
And the whole family will wait for his DM before getting oath letter.
See this link and please keep update us.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/dm-for-only-one-member-of-a-family.549058/

Reactions: Sonamal

Biborno

Apr 3, 2011
London
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
0631 (MI 2)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
20-08-2014
Had OATH ceremony this yesterday and officially a Canadian citizen now!!!!

alex.parish

Star Member
Mar 14, 2018

Thanks.
------------------------------------

Hi,

I got the letter by mail(at my home address) exam on 4th april 1.15 pm at ottawa

alex.parish

Star Member
Mar 14, 2018
Hi All,

I have question regarding; I missed my 1st citizenship test. (that was on Jan 18, 2018 1.15 pm at ottawa office). I also send the letter of explanation. Now How much time should I wait for new test date?

As per my knowledge, they will automatically reschedule the new date. Any one have same situation?
I read on CIC website as below;

I was sent my first notice to write the test
If this was the first time you were asked to write the test, you can:

• contact us to let us know you missed the test, or
  • wait to be automatically rescheduled for another date.
Contact us
You have 30 days from the test date to contact us and let us know why you missed the test. Write us a letter explaining why you missed the test. Send this letter to the IRCC office that scheduled your original appointment. You can send this letter by mail or online, using this Web form.

The local office handling your application will decide if you have a valid reason for missing the test.

If your reason is valid, we will send you another notice with a new test date. (We will consider this new notice as another first notice in case you miss this new date, but have a valid reason for not attending.)

If your reason is not valid, we will treat you the same as someone who missed the test and did not contact us. (See “Be rescheduled automatically” below.)

Be rescheduled automatically
We will automatically reschedule you for a new date to write the test if you did not attend the test and you:

• did not contact us to let us know, or
  • did not have a valid reason for missing the test.
We will send you a new notice telling you the new test date. This will be your final notice to write the exam.

This new test date will usually be two weeks or more after the date of the test you missed.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will they send new date? I m l'll worried. Its been 2 month now.

Please help me.

Thank u.