+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DM for ONLY one member of a family

Pcanadian

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
Hey All
This thread for families who applied together and had test/interview together and then only few members of the family have got DM status while the others still in IP.
Please for people who had such experiences in the past share it with us. For people who are still waiting please share your timelines and experience with the interviewers.
Thanx

sylviabenita

Nov 13, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-10-2017
AOR Received.
16-11-2017
same here. The two adults in the application are in DM while the child is still in IP since Dec.
Child won’t be getting DM until one parent becomes Canadian. So technically after oath for one of the parents. That’s what I was advised anyway. Both my file and my husband’s is DM but my daughter’s is IP.

HeartSxCan

Mar 14, 2018
I was informed that children will be IP until the Oath. The parents should get DM and then all family member should be invited to attend the oath ceremony.

sylviabenita

Nov 13, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-10-2017
AOR Received.
16-11-2017
What about people who are all adults and applied together but only some of them get DM, what do you think the reason is?
Background check very likely. That’s why some people probably get FP even after test.

Reactions: Pcanadian

Pcanadian

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
Background check very likely. That’s why some people probably get FP even after test.
Well, it's been almost 2 weeks since the test and no extra documents or FP have been requested.
how come the background checks have all done to 2 of the family and got DM but the other one still waiting for the checks to be done?
It's confusing, isn't it?

Reactions: itslulutime

HeartSxCan

Mar 14, 2018
Well, it's been almost 2 weeks since the test and no extra documents or FP have been requested.
how come the background checks have all done to 2 of the family and got DM but the other one still waiting for the checks to be done?
It is... I believe everything is possible. We have to sit tight and wait. One possibility for your case is that they may still request FP... but who knows?

sylviabenita

Nov 13, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-10-2017
AOR Received.
16-11-2017
It’s confusing and moreover frustrating for sure. But from what I have heard or seen on the Internet, IRCC has their own set of internal protocol and one can hardly understand it fully.

msarham

Star Member
Jan 7, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2011
AOR Received.
25-10-2011 ( By Email)
File Transfer...
07-07-2012
Med's Request
25-10-2011 ( By Email)
Med's Done....
02-11-2011
We done with test on 20th Feb, and wife gets DM after 2 days and i am still IP. No FP or update on my ecas.

Reactions: architectcarioca

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Child won’t be getting DM until one parent becomes Canadian. So technically after oath for one of the parents. That’s what I was advised anyway. Both my file and my husband’s is DM but my daughter’s is IP.
Does the child not take the oath when the parent does, then?