+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

All Ottawa October applicants

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
Hey, my situation seems similar to you. Passed test on March 1st, but officer told that security clearance is pending. Whats your status now? Do you know how much time this security clearance takes?
Good luck
I'm still waiting.

There is no way to find out how long the security clearance process takes, as CSIS will no longer release information about clearances in progress. The CO said that she expected my citizenship ceremony to happen within "one to two months"... so I'm (impatiently) waiting.

ottawa_k

Jun 1, 2017
I'm still waiting.

There is no way to find out how long the security clearance process takes, as CSIS will no longer release information about clearances in progress. The CO said that she expected my citizenship ceremony to happen within "one to two months"... so I'm (impatiently) waiting.
Hopefully we wont have to wait for long. Keep me posted.

curious_123

Jun 19, 2014
hello got my test invite ..it was sent on 9th march and i need to appear of 21st march...

can any one please tell me which documents shall i take at the day of test?

wvo2017

Nov 6, 2017
hello got my test invite ..it was sent on 9th march and i need to appear of 21st march...

can any one please tell me which documents shall i take at the day of test?
The documents you need to take to the oath are mentioned in the letter. It includes the original version of the documents you submitted including the passports, ID s that you submitted like PR card and driver license. For me the officer checked the passports and the driver license. Make sure you take all the documnets mentioned in the letter with you to the interview. If you have non English stamps in your passport most likely the officer will request the translation of those stamps as well

curious_123

Jun 19, 2014
The documents you need to take to the oath are mentioned in the letter. It includes the original version of the documents you submitted including the passports, ID s that you submitted like PR card and driver license. For me the officer checked the passports and the driver license. Make sure you take all the documnets mentioned in the letter with you to the interview. If you have non English stamps in your passport most likely the officer will request the translation of those stamps as well

thanks

shekhawatmx

Star Member
Mar 28, 2010
Dubai UAE
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22 May 2009
File Transfer...
16 june 2009 from CIO
Med's Request
26 aug 2009
Med's Done....
8 oct 2009 at mumbai INDIA
Passport Req..
17 feb 2010 by email
VISA ISSUED...
22 march 2010 got pp back on 29 march 2010
LANDED..........
20 Aug 2010
For all Ottawans still waiting, keep hope and keep smiling. Why ? Ottawa is now the fastest IRCC office in the country.
From where you got this info ?
Plz share link.

sistemc

Feb 2, 2014
Last edited:

CICOtawa

Star Member
Apr 17, 2015
I'm still waiting.

You still can request one through Privacy Act directly from CSIS

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
You still can request one through Privacy Act directly from CSIS
They have changed their policies and will no longer release information about the status of a clearance request.

It is at this point possible only to ask for the information CSIS holds about you, but that does not include process information (and also excludes information that would expose their procedures and sources), so IMO it's not worth the hassle.

HeartSxCan

Mar 14, 2018
Hi Ottawa applicants:

I did a family application - 2 adults and 2 kids.
My timeline is
AOR Oct 30
IP Jan 10
Test date: March 1
DM: March 3rd

My only concern is that my wife;s status has not changed yet. She had to provide FP before the test. I did not have to. She submitted them 3 weeks before the test. We both passed the test and the officer said we would be invited for the Oath within 1-2 months. My application status changed to DM 2 days after the test. My wife's has not changed yet. I called CIC today. The agents said the fingerprint has reached them and will be updated eventually.

I am wondering if someone has passed through the same issue and how long it took to be updated in the ECAS.

Kind regards to all.