+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL ABOUT GCMS - HOW TO ORDER, READ, & GENERAL QUESTIONS ANSWERED

DDEE

Star Member
Jul 30, 2020
Hi,

Do you know whether "review required" in GCMS notes cause longer processing times? If yes, any estimation? Is there a reason for the difference of the avarege processing times between PNP-EE applicants and regular EE applicants( 9 months- 6 months) ?

cycy_304

Star Member
Jun 30, 2020
Hi, could u guys help me with my gcms note please. Page 2 says my overall status of eligibility: not started. But there is 1 part says

“Application 14
Old value: Passed - Candidate;
New value: Not Started”

Does that mean my Eligibility has passed at some point or it hasn’t started processing at all? What information does “Application” sections tell u? Application 1 is the newest or oldest information? Thank you.

arbu45

Star Member
Oct 1, 2019
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10-01-2020
Hi, could u guys help me with my gcms note please. Page 2 says my overall status of eligibility: not started. But there is 1 part says

“Application 14
Old value: Passed - Candidate;
New value: Not Started”

Does that mean my Eligibility has passed at some point or it hasn’t started processing at all? What information does “Application” sections tell u? Application 1 is the newest or oldest information? Thank you.
I think Application section tells you about the work being done on your application. Further, application 1 is the newest one.

Reactions: cycy_304

cycy_304

Star Member
Jun 30, 2020
I think Application section tells you about the work being done on your application. Further, application 1 is the newest one.
Thank u. So, do u think my eligibility has passed at some point and went back to not started or they actually haven't touch it? Thanks

arbu45

Star Member
Oct 1, 2019
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10-01-2020
Thank u. So, do u think my eligibility has passed at some point and went back to not started or they actually haven't touch it? Thanks
What does your notes say?
What are the comments of case processing agent or officer?
Usually like in my case it got passed at central intake office and when file got transferred to London office, it got changed to not started. However, later it got against changed to passed.

May be your file has been transferred to some local office. You can check that from gcms notes.

cycy_304

Star Member
Jun 30, 2020
What does your notes say?
What are the comments of case processing agent or officer?
Usually like in my case it got passed at central intake office and when file got transferred to London office, it got changed to not started. However, later it got against changed to passed.

May be your file has been transferred to some local office. You can check that from gcms notes.
My note only shows comment of agent that my R10 is ok. Review required on stat question cuz I’ve been refuse the U.S F1 visa. I believe they will not start evaluating my eligibility until the clearance on stat question. That’s why I’m confused when I see eligibility passed at some point in Application section.

arbu45

Star Member
Oct 1, 2019
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10-01-2020
My note only shows comment of agent that my R10 is ok. Review required on stat question cuz I’ve been refuse the U.S F1 visa. I believe they will not start evaluating my eligibility until the clearance on stat question. That’s why I’m confused when I see eligibility passed at some point in Application section.
Ohh aright. I think they will ask you to provide "Schedule A" in additional documents

Reactions: cycy_304

Ckay128

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
Has anyone come across the below Correspondence item in their GCMS notes before or perhaps know what it means?
I never received any correspondence from IRCC. I'm not sure if it's just internal communication and I'm also not sure what it means for my application.

@juan
This is an outgoing correspondence, i.e. some forms were sent to be filled by the PA.

If you did not receive them, send a webform. and inquire.
@legalfalcon I have exactly the same thing on my notes ... never received any correspondence...

Ckay128

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
Has anyone come across the below Correspondence item in their GCMS notes before or perhaps know what it means?
I never received any correspondence from IRCC. I'm not sure if it's just internal communication and I'm also not sure what it means for my application.

@ruan
I have exactly the same thing .. did you get any response ?

ruan

Oct 28, 2019
@ruan
I have exactly the same thing .. did you get any response ?
I received a response from IRCC to my web form inquiry today, but it seems very generic.

I guess that they did not find any issues and did not deem it necessary to elaborate, but I wish they would have explained what the entry in the GCMS notes meant.

See their response below.

Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that the application is still in process.

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

Furthermore, please note that there are two ways you can check your application status online. You can verify the status of your application:

• Submitted by mail (if it was not linked to an online account):
  • Submitted online or submitted by mail and linked to an online account:
We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@juan

@legalfalcon I have exactly the same thing on my notes ... never received any correspondence...
If you never received, it may never have been sent, or may have been cancelled later. If you did not get any email and no notification your MyCIC account, no need to be concerned.

Ckay128

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
I received a response from IRCC to my web form inquiry today, but it seems very generic.

I guess that they did not find any issues and did not deem it necessary to elaborate, but I wish they would have explained what the entry in the GCMS notes meant.

See their response below.

Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that the application is still in process.

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

Furthermore, please note that there are two ways you can check your application status online. You can verify the status of your application:

• Submitted by mail (if it was not linked to an online account):
  • Submitted online or submitted by mail and linked to an online account:
We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.
Thank you for your response, let me
Know if you get any update.
Thanks again.

Ckay128

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
If you never received, it may never have been sent, or may have been cancelled later. If you did not get any email and no notification your MyCIC account, no need to be concerned.
I never had any messages or email, other then the rcmp and biometrics. What’s interesting is, at the bottom the attachments is shown 0. While the RCMP and biometrics, both had attachments.. like IMM something.
Thanks again @legalfalcon.

Reactions: legalfalcon

Meharpreet13

Oct 22, 2020
I ordered a set of GCMS notes on 10th oct and i got an email 2 days back that an extension of 90 days is requested to release them. Is this normal?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.