+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (H1B Holders) CIC Process

durka

Oct 25, 2008
Does anyone know if a person is nominated through H1B stream, he can process his papers from Canadian Embassy in his native country? If the answer is yes, how long will it take to get PR from native country?

Thanks

Durka

bendjoe

Aug 23, 2008
durka said:
Does anyone know if a person is nominated through H1B stream, he can process his papers from Canadian Embassy in his native country? If the answer is yes, how long will it take to get PR from native country?

Thanks

Durka
Yes you can do that. It will depend on the Consulate to which you are applying. Some process it faster than Buffalo and some slower.But you should inform AINP about this. By default H1B-SRS nominaton papers are sent directly to Buffalo if you inform AINP about your intent to process from another country, they will sent the papers to your home country consulate.

There was another person in this forum who got nominated and is processing his application from New Delhi,India. Spend a bit of time to find that post.

email2kale

Feb 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-Feb-2009
Nomination.....
03-Dec-2009
AOR Received.
14-Jun-2010
Med's Request
14-Jun-2010
Med's Done....
17-Jun-2010
Passport Req..
22-Jul-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2010
LANDED..........
05-Dec-2010
durka said:

Thanks

Durka
Check this link for processing time
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/04-provincial.asp

optimusprime

Star Member
Oct 6, 2008
chow said:
optimusprime said:
Hi - just curious, what is an AOR? I did get my nomination from AINP but do not know what an AOR is. I haven't submitted my CIC application as I am yet waiting for my PCCs. I got my AINP nomination a few months back (January 20th to be exact). I am wondering why I haven't received any AOR or med request yet.

rascojenkins said:
akk i recieved AOR/medicals on mar 20th 2009. my application was recieved by CIC on Jan 16 2009
Provisional File Number (AOR) - you will get it once you submit your application to CIC.
thanks chow! :)

harip

Mar 16, 2009
I got my package returned today.I am planning to send again with updated dates and signature in next week.

Thanks
Hari

satyac

Star Member
Aug 7, 2008
validity of passport

I m sending my documents to CIC today,my passport is expiring on feb/2010(11 months from now).

1) Is it ok to apply with this passport?
2) what is the validity period required for applying ?
3) Can i apply with this passport and down the line can i renew my passport and update new passport info with CIC?

please can you share your ideas on this please

thanks

A

Albertagoverner

satyac said:
validity of passport

I m sending my documents to CIC today,my passport is expiring on feb/2010(11 months from now).

1) Is it ok to apply with this passport?
2) what is the validity period required for applying ?
3) Can i apply with this passport and down the line can i renew my passport and update new passport info with CIC?

please can you share your ideas on this please

thanks
As long as your Passport is valid till next Six Months it it is good. When did you get Certificate? Can you post timeline?

satyac

Star Member
Aug 7, 2008
hi

Thanks for reply albertagovernor

Timelines
I applied for 2nd stage 10/24
I got approved pacakage on 1/12 for applying for thrid stage

Photos and correction on imm 0008

1)Do i need to paste my and my wife's photos on IMM 0008 form in the space provided for photos or else should i send 4 photos in separate envelope.I know this question as been asked before as well,but im still confused.Please can you kindly reply to this question

2)In Imm 0008 form which i send to alberta during 2nd stage,there is a mistake in writing birth time lastname of my mother.i wrote it as after marriage last name .I want to correct it.Does this make any problem.

Thanks

A

Albertagoverner

satyac said:
hi

Thanks for reply albertagovernor

Timelines
I applied for 2nd stage 10/24
I got approved pacakage on 1/12 for applying for thrid stage

Photos and correction on imm 0008

1)Do i need to paste my and my wife's photos on IMM 0008 form in the space provided for photos or else should i send 4 photos in separate envelope.I know this question as been asked before as well,but im still confused.Please can you kindly reply to this question

2)In Imm 0008 form which i send to alberta during 2nd stage,there is a mistake in writing birth time lastname of my mother.i wrote it as after marriage last name .I want to correct it.Does this make any problem.

Thanks
IMM008 or anyother federal forms do not need any photo at Alberta level but while you mail packet to CIC buffalo you should attach 4 photos as per specifications.

Any mistake made in CIC forms can be corrected as when you mail packet to Buffalo you will have to fill all federal forms again, print them, sign them with current date and send to Buffalo or home country consulate depending upon situation. While you correct this mistake in your federal forms you can also fax one copy of corrected federal form to AINP office for thier records. Make sure you mention your PNP file number on that Fax sheet.

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
FYI

The medical documents sent by the doctors may take some time to reach. So don't worry.

In my case the documents were held in California as they had X-ray films. So it got delayed by a day (for clearance).

So sometimes we cannot blame doctors!!

satyac

Star Member
Aug 7, 2008
Hi

Thanks for reply ablertagovernor,it is really helping me

1 )I was wondering should i paste photos or else should i send them in separate envelope

2)I m having one more question.I m not having birth certificate for me and for my wife from place of birth(hyderabad,india).However we got birth certificates from indian embassy,chicago.DO you think this will work for applying?
Please can you answer me

Thanks

A

Albertagoverner

satyac said:
Hi

Thanks for reply ablertagovernor,it is really helping me

1 )I was wondering should i paste photos or else should i send them in separate envelope

2)I m having one more question.I m not having birth certificate for me and for my wife from place of birth(hyderabad,india).However we got birth certificates from indian embassy,chicago.DO you think this will work for applying?
Please can you answer me

Thanks
That's what they want. Birth certificates issued by Indian Consulate are good.
Photos should not be pasted or stapled. Photos should be in a small envelop and that envelop needs to attached on right top corner of page 2 in IMM 0008 Generic form.

venks80

Star Member
Mar 19, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
12/11/2009
Nomination.....
01/10/2010
hi mango.lassee,

Could you please guide me wht current dates.
CIC documents and filled and sent the xerox copies to AINP.

DO you mean while sending the forms to cic we need to put a signature and current date?
Could you clarify this

mango.lassee said:
Got my CIC package back today. They want current dates..surprisingly, not mention of State PCC. Don't know if they will ask this later..

harip said:
Hello Friends,
I sent my package to CIC Baffalo last week, but After reading all these threads I feel like my package will be returned since I send the same documents which I have signed while sending for AINP Office in Oct-2008. Since our signatures are not current, I am now expecting that my package may be returned but will keep you posted on this.

Please let me know if anybody is in the same situation.

Thanks
Hari

venks80

Star Member
Mar 19, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
12/11/2009
Nomination.....
01/10/2010
hi harip,

Could you please guide me wht current dates.
CIC documents and filled and sent the xerox copies to AINP.

DO you mean while sending the forms to cic we need to put a signature and current date?
Could you clarify this.

Where they mentioned like you need to send the forms with current date only like that.

harip said:
Hello Friends,
I sent my package to CIC Baffalo last week, but After reading all these threads I feel like my package will be returned since I send the same documents which I have signed while sending for AINP Office in Oct-2008. Since our signatures are not current, I am now expecting that my package may be returned but will keep you posted on this.

Please let me know if anybody is in the same situation.

Thanks
Hari