+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (H1B Holders) CIC Process

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
All,

I am still stuck in India (H1B stamping). Its already two months and might take 2 more.

Meanwhile, I have no idea about my AOR. If someone can answer the following question I appreciate it.

After getting AOR and Medicals request is there a time limit to complete the procedure? I am asking this because, once I am back in the US and if my AOR has come by then will its validity expire? Is there a time limit between receiving AOR/medical request and completing the same.

This US and its visa regime really sucks!! Just waiting to escape to victory/freedom -->TO CANADA

-dna

rascojenkins

Jul 25, 2008
dnataraj,
I recieved my A0R/ medical request Friday and it needs to be done within 60 days. May be you should send someone to get your mail and send it to you so you can do your medicals in indian if you still have more time back home.

ainpdude

Nov 29, 2008
rascojenkins said:
dnataraj,
I recieved my A0R/ medical request Friday and it needs to be done within 60 days. May be you should send someone to get your mail and send it to you so you can do your medicals in indian if you still have more time back home.
dnatraj,

that is true... its better that you have someone pick your mails... or at the least contact CIC Buffalo
and discuss with them your case....

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
rascojenkins & ainpdude,

Thanks for your suggestions. I did arrange to check my mails and I had received AOR on Feb 5th itself (letter dated Jan 26). Immediately, I did medicals with a CIC nominated doctor in Bangalore (on 25th).

Now the 60 day limit is from the date of receiving AOR or from the date printed on AOR (that is 26th)?. However I just managed to get it done on 25th. But by the time it reaches Ottawa it will be beyond 60 days!!

What do you guys suggest.

Also, I had not sent PCC's when applied. Now it is ready but in the US. Do you think I need to start new PCC's from here? (I need from 3 countries)

Thanks for the help

Inge, any news??

-dnataraj

A

Albertagoverner

dnataraj said:
rascojenkins & ainpdude,

Thanks for your suggestions. I did arrange to check my mails and I had received AOR on Feb 5th itself (letter dated Jan 26). Immediately, I did medicals with a CIC nominated doctor in Bangalore (on 25th).

Now the 60 day limit is from the date of receiving AOR or from the date printed on AOR (that is 26th)?. However I just managed to get it done on 25th. But by the time it reaches Ottawa it will be beyond 60 days!!

Also, I had not sent PCC's when applied. Now it is ready but in the US. Do you think I need to start new PCC's from here? (I need from 3 countries)

Thanks for the help

Inge, any news??

-dnataraj
Dnatraj:
Was your H1B stamping successful?

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
Hi dnataraj good to hear from you!!
I did receive AOR and medicals last week, in fact I am done with the medicals and they are in its way to Ottawa. For now I will relax "if I can" and then wait for further instructions from CIC...

BTW regarding the medicals the letter says that the case might be delay if your medicals do not arrive before 60 days. You might want to contact them before that and explain them your situation and tell them an estimate of when your medicals will arrive...

I hope you get your H1B stamped soon

Good luck!!

dnataraj said:
rascojenkins & ainpdude,

Thanks for the help

Inge, any news??

-dnataraj

ainpdude

Nov 29, 2008
dnataraj said:
rascojenkins & ainpdude,

Thanks for the help

Inge, any news??

-dnataraj
good to hear that you proceeded with medicals ... congrats !

I personally think you should be fine.... even if medicals reach ottawa after 60 days...

well indian pcc you can get from there, other ones you might want to get once you are in US

i am guessing there should be no rush for that it might take them some time to revert back

after reviewing medicals....

good luck !

akk

Sep 2, 2008
Hi rascojenkins,

Did you receive the AOR last friday (Feb 20th), right? When did your application reach CIC office?

Thanks,
Akk

rascojenkins said:
dnataraj,

A

Albertagoverner

akk said:
Hi rascojenkins,

Did you receive the AOR last friday (Feb 20th), right? When did your application reach CIC office?

Thanks,
Akk

Dear Akk:
How the last friday can be 20th February? Are you trying to say last month's Friday?
rascojenkins said:
dnataraj,

Ell.Bee

Jan 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb - 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov - 2009
Nomination.....
Dec - 2009 CIC App. Filed..: May 2010
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-09-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
03-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-17-2011
LANDED..........
04-06-2011
Guys,

Can someone answer to my post on the this thread about doing medicals from outside the USA.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/cic-medicals-exams-from-outside-the-usa-home-town-t16640.0.html

Need to get this information ASAP as I have to make travel plans accordingly. I have received file number from AINP and my application was received in Alberta on 9th Feb 2009 (Old Process)

optimusprime

Star Member
Oct 6, 2008
Hi - just curious, what is an AOR? I did get my nomination from AINP but do not know what an AOR is. I haven't submitted my CIC application as I am yet waiting for my PCCs. I got my AINP nomination a few months back (January 20th to be exact). I am wondering why I haven't received any AOR or med request yet.

rascojenkins said:
akk i recieved AOR/medicals on mar 20th 2009. my application was recieved by CIC on Jan 16 2009

chow

Sep 23, 2008
optimusprime said:
Hi - just curious, what is an AOR? I did get my nomination from AINP but do not know what an AOR is. I haven't submitted my CIC application as I am yet waiting for my PCCs. I got my AINP nomination a few months back (January 20th to be exact). I am wondering why I haven't received any AOR or med request yet.

rascojenkins said:
akk i recieved AOR/medicals on mar 20th 2009. my application was recieved by CIC on Jan 16 2009
Provisional File Number (AOR) - you will get it once you submit your application to CIC.