+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (H1B Holders) CIC Process

gurram

Dec 3, 2008
I don't think so.

vsrao said:
If we have a Birth certificate from india(Place of birth). Do we still need to apply for the Birth certificate from embassy?.
cchabert said:
Albertagoverner said:
gurram said:
Guys,
I am in process of sending application to CIC, Buffalo. I have a quick question here

* Whether we need to send Birth certificates or our Educational certificates will be sufficient for Birth date?
* Whether PCC should be from SP office only or from any local police station(India)?
* Need to send all Educational, Work experiance and US legal documents again?

Please let me know anything i got missed out other than these which are not in Buffalo center Check list.

Regards
Babu
PCC should be issued from Embassy of India. That PCC scan your record in all over the home country (INDIA) not from a Official of a specific city like (SP). Just like in US, FBI scan your national record. What if before coming to US you did a robbery in New Delhi and flew to Mumbai and then further flew to US and landed in New Jersey. You will be able to provide a CLEAN certificate from SP Mumbai as you have Mumbai address on Passport but actually you did a crime within the Home Country.

Birth Certificate also needs to be seperately issued by Embassy of India (I assume you are in US on H1B Visa). Educational Certificate will not suffice.

Under Provincial Nomination, Candidate is NOT supposed to send work experience related documents. Further If you are sending packet to Buffalo Just follow this List:

1. Provincial Nomination Certificate (issued by AINP)

2. All CIC federal Forms IMM0008Generic, Schedule 3,4, IMM5406 and others (Make sure sign all forms on the same day when you mail packet to Buffalo)

3. ALL H1B I-797 and I-94 Attested pages

4. Passport pages attested copy of Demographic info

5. Money Order/ Bank Draft for application fees (Make sure get MO/BD issued on same day when you mail packet to Buffalo)
If fees in US Dollar: 465.00
If fees in Canadian Dollar: 550.00

6. Photos as per the instruction of Buffalo CIC.

7. Original FBI results
8. Original State PCC results
9. Original India PCC results
10. Birth Certificate issued by Indian Embassy
11. Bank Certified Statement for proof of funds
11. Bank Certified Statement for proof of funds.- Original or notarized copy?

gurram

Dec 3, 2008
Thanks Albertagoverner.

Albertagoverner said:
gurram said:
Guys,
I am in process of sending application to CIC, Buffalo. I have a quick question here

* Whether we need to send Birth certificates or our Educational certificates will be sufficient for Birth date?
* Whether PCC should be from SP office only or from any local police station(India)?

Please let me know anything i got missed out other than these which are not in Buffalo center Check list.

Regards
Babu
PCC should be issued from Embassy of India. That PCC scan your record in all over the home country (INDIA) not from a Official of a specific city like (SP). Just like in US, FBI scan your national record. What if before coming to US you did a robbery in New Delhi and flew to Mumbai and then further flew to US and landed in New Jersey. You will be able to provide a CLEAN certificate from SP Mumbai as you have Mumbai address on Passport but actually you did a crime within the Home Country.

Birth Certificate also needs to be seperately issued by Embassy of India (I assume you are in US on H1B Visa). Educational Certificate will not suffice.

Under Provincial Nomination, Candidate is NOT supposed to send work experience related documents. Further If you are sending packet to Buffalo Just follow this List:

2. All CIC federal Forms IMM0008Generic, Schedule 3,4, IMM5406 and others (Make sure sign all forms on the same day when you mail packet to Buffalo)

5. Money Order/ Bank Draft for application fees (Make sure get MO/BD issued on same day when you mail packet to Buffalo)

7. Original FBI results

A

Albertagoverner

cchabert said:
Albertagoverner said:
gurram said:
Guys,

Regards
Babu

7. Original FBI results
11. Bank Certified Statement for proof of funds.- Original or notarized copy?
CCherbert:

Since Bank Manager itself is a attesting authority, so you can get printed statement from Internet and Bank Manager will attest it through his stamp and signature and you can request 2-3 copies from him with original signature and stamp.

kimfromindia

Feb 17, 2009
I sent my application for CIC... i was nominated for AINP H1B in Feb 2009.....For proof of finance i sent my bank statement....Now i am in need of money...do i have maintain the balance all the time or i can withdraw and the later deposit again....................senior please reply..

AlbertaAINP

Star Member
Feb 25, 2009
kimfromindia said:
I sent my application for CIC... i was nominated for AINP H1B in Feb 2009.....For proof of finance i sent my bank statement....Now i am in need of money...do i have maintain the balance all the time or i can withdraw and the later deposit again....................senior please reply..
I guess they will look at the average balance that you maintain, may be for 6 months or a year. They just want to make sure this is your money and they are available to you when you settle in Canada. Some people borrow money just at the time of sending the application and show the balance and then return the money. They again borrow the money just before going for the PR interview or when they ask again for financial proof. CIC is aware of this tactics. So they may look at the average balance that you had manintained over a period of time rather than just looking at your current balance.The only way to convince them is to maintain the balance for a prolonged period of time.

There is no official source for this. This is just what I heard from people who applied for PR card from India. You will never know, CIC may look H1B stream in a different perspective.

I guess we are lucky...Because there are seniors ahead of us who can clearly give an answer to this once they complete the CIC process : )

kimfromindia

Feb 17, 2009
Thanks AlbertaAINP... My average balance is above the limit and after two weeks money will be back to my account..it is just for short i have to send for some urgent stuff back home........

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
CIC posted in their website 2008 processing times for provincial nominees... not too much change for Buffalo...
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/04-provincial.asp

BTW some of the countries do not have processing time but a dash instead... Could someone tell me the reason for this..

THX

AlbertaAINP

Star Member
Feb 25, 2009
kimfromindia said:
Thanks AlbertaAINP... My average balance is above the limit and after two weeks money will be back to my account..it is just for short i have to send for some urgent stuff back home........
Proof of funds doesn't have to be only in USD from US banks...It can be money in YOUR NAME in any bank in any country. Just their combined total converted into CDN dollars should be the minimum specified in the CIC website for each family size.

Also it can be in the form of shares/mutual funds/401 K etc.,...again in any country under your name.

If you read in their website carefully, it only says that you should show proof of funds and not bring that entire amount when you land there. You can bring as much as you want initially to support you and the dependents.

Going by this argument, I guess if you are good enough, you can also convince them to liquidate a property in your name and bring the balance amount at a later stage to support you and your family. I am not sure if they will buy this idea.

divagirl

Jan 8, 2009
AlbertaAINP said:
kimfromindia said:
Proof of funds doesn't have to be only in USD from US banks...It can be money in YOUR NAME in any bank in any country. Just their combined total converted into CDN dollars should be the minimum specified in the CIC website for each family size.

Also it can be in the form of shares/mutual funds/401 K etc.,...again in any country under your name.

If you read in their website carefully, it only says that you should show proof of funds and not bring that entire amount when you land there. You can bring as much as you want initially to support you and the dependents.

Going by this argument, I guess if you are good enough, you can also convince them to liquidate a property in your name and bring the balance amount at a later stage to support you and your family. I am not sure if they will buy this idea.
One of my cousin who landed there as a PR was asked abt funds at the border and she showed her bank stmt and said that she would be doing a wire transfer when she get a bank account in Canada.

bendjoe

Aug 23, 2008
ingegarcia said:
CIC posted in their website 2008 processing times for provincial nominees... not too much change for Buffalo...
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/04-provincial.asp

BTW some of the countries do not have processing time but a dash instead... Could someone tell me the reason for this..

THX
I think the regional consulates failed to sent the data in time. Someone pointed out that Sao Paulo data was not available last time around,
this time it is there.

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bendjoe said:
I think the regional consulates failed to sent the data in time. Someone pointed out that Sao Paulo data was not available last time around,
this time it is there.
OR they did not have any PNP applicants in 2008 in those visa offices.

tulip07

Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
PCC expiring in one month

Can anyone please tell me if it is a good idea to submit CIC application even before I have recieved confirmation approval from alberta. My PCC would expire (valid for 3 months), by the time Alberta approves my application and CIC would not accept 5 month old PCC.
If I sent my incomplete application to CIC (without provincial nomination), I am not sure if they would reject it immediately, or if they would hold it for provicial nomination to come to them.
Any suggestions

chow

Sep 23, 2008
Re: PCC expiring in one month

tulip07 said:
Can anyone please tell me if it is a good idea to submit CIC application even before I have recieved confirmation approval from alberta. My PCC would expire (valid for 3 months), by the time Alberta approves my application and CIC would not accept 5 month old PCC.
If I sent my incomplete application to CIC (without provincial nomination), I am not sure if they would reject it immediately, or if they would hold it for provicial nomination to come to them.
Any suggestions
Did you check the following link?
http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/media/h1b_FAQ.pdf