+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (H1B Holders) CIC Process

kangster

Jun 19, 2008
Anyone Who APPLIED for the Strategic Recruitment Stream pilot program For H-1B Holders Category and got their Nomination certificate and have applied to or going to apply to the CIC may post their experience in this Forum. There is another forum here too
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/strategic-recruitment-stream-alberta-pnp-t9132.0.html​
but that is getting little crowded, with Pre-Assessment, PNP Ceritificate and CIC process so I thought this new forum can focus mainly on the third and final process with CIC, Like dates timelines etc...Even people who have landed can give their inputs here....

IN OTHER WORDS THIS FORUM CAN BE UTILIZED FOR THE LAST AND FINAL PROCESS AND BEYOND.

Good Luck Everyone!

toledoresident

Star Member
Jul 31, 2008
this is great, I will be active participant of this after getting my nomination.

and by the way, I submitted my papers for nomination on sept 3 so nearby you... keep in touch & let me know whenever you get nomination

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
Thanks kangster! this is a great idea... I'll be participating once I get my approval :)

olusolalekan

Jul 3, 2008
ok this is nice. the other thread, our dear thread, has been taken over by new applicants. not that i have any problem with that. In fact i suggest we still check that thread to help others to get to our stage too.

I also understand that i am still waiting for the certificate and will join you fully when i get to CIC stage.

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
kangster and all,

I am also here.

Today, I called my lawyer to withdraw my FSW. He was asking me to wait for two weeks, and if my AOR comes by then, I can inform CIC to convert my case to PNP. In fact the letter from PNP also suggests to convert the existing FSW.

This is what I did.
I called PNP office (the program officer who signed the approval letter) and asked him whether I can withdraw my FSW and apply fresh. He said I can do that but however, conversion might save some time.

This is what I feel.
If I wait I am losing time. I applied for FSW on July 4th and on trackitt I saw the last person who got conditional AOR had applied on 18th June.

If I wait and and if AOR comes, I am not sure whether I need to pay CIC fee again. Its 550x2 CAD.

And if AOR comes, I have to pay the lawyer his fee (CAD 3500 of which I have paid 500 already).

I am just waiting to collect some documents and probably submit to CIC by 20th of this month. By then I will apply for Police certificates (I need from 3 countries apart from FBI). However I will not wait for police certificates.

For proof of funds I am submitting the valuation of my property (home) in my home country. Hope this should be fine. If they need liquid cash I will have to arrange in 2-3 months time.

Any tips?

-dnataraj

kangster

Jun 19, 2008
dnataraj,
In case of PNP Candidates, about the proof of funds my understanding is you do not have to submit that with your app with CIC You only have to fill that one form thats asks the amount you money you have to move to canada but they Will need to see those funds when you land in Canada, Immigration officer will ask for those funds upon landing 100%....I say submit the application without proof of funds and by the time they ask for the funds (If they Do) it will be 2-3 months already thats gives you enough time then to arrange in anyway.

I say there is not much difference between the person who applied on June 18 and got AOR and you who applied July 4, Maybe your is on the way already.... you have to make a decision quick.....I say withdraw FSW Application and go for the fresh start... but do consult an attorney for sure. I think if you withdraw your fees is Refundable. But honestly if I were you I would Call Buffalo and speak to someone about your situation and ask about what your options might be because they deal with these scenarios on daily basis I am sure... they will give you an answer i am sure.

Inge, Olu, Dnataraj and Toledo: Thanks guys for understanding the need for this new post... I personally think that forum helped everyone but a forum like this was needed for different stages.... both have their equal importance depending on what stage we are. Someday I would love to meet you guys in Alberta for a Drink and a Hockey game when all this is over.... and laugh about it too....

yrinaldy

Star Member
Sep 26, 2008
Inge:

Did you get a file number after you submitted application for your PNP nomination?

ingegarcia said:
Thanks kangster! this is a great idea... I'll be participating once I get my approval :)

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
yrinaldy,

This forum is for post PNP stage at CIC. That means in this forum we shall discuss only CIC process.

So please post your questions to
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/strategic-recruitment-stream-alberta-pnp-t9132.0.html

-dnataraj

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
Hey dnataraj ..... I am going to do the same with the house I have in my home country...... :) hopefully they'll approve it as a proof of funds...
As a matter fo fact I am traveling to my home country in December to get that document and also the police certificates because I am planning to apply in January to the CIC...... I already got the FBI police certificate and I'll need to request other police certificate from Mexico. However I read that I do not have to submit the Mexican certificates with my initial application but they'll ask for them later in the process......

As for my application I am still not sure where to submit my application. There are layoffs in my company and today 1300 people got layoff. My company is expecting to continue layoffs first quarter of next year. I am not sure what to do yest because my H1b is over 7 years, it will expire in July next year, I still do not have LC approved... so I other words I am at the mercy of my company.

If I file my CIC forms in Buffalo it will take 5-6 months to get the PR , however if I am layoff I am not sure what will hapen with my application. If I do it from my home country it will take a year......

Do you guys think if I initially file my case in Buffalo, am I going to be able to move it to my home country if needed?

Any opinion I welcome !

dnataraj said:
kangster and all,

I am also here.

Today, I called my lawyer to withdraw my FSW. He was asking me to wait for two weeks, and if my AOR comes by then, I can inform CIC to convert my case to PNP. In fact the letter from PNP also suggests to convert the existing FSW.

This is what I did.
I called PNP office (the program officer who signed the approval letter) and asked him whether I can withdraw my FSW and apply fresh. He said I can do that but however, conversion might save some time.

This is what I feel.
If I wait I am losing time. I applied for FSW on July 4th and on trackitt I saw the last person who got conditional AOR had applied on 18th June.

If I wait and and if AOR comes, I am not sure whether I need to pay CIC fee again. Its 550x2 CAD.

And if AOR comes, I have to pay the lawyer his fee (CAD 3500 of which I have paid 500 already).

I am just waiting to collect some documents and probably submit to CIC by 20th of this month. By then I will apply for Police certificates (I need from 3 countries apart from FBI). However I will not wait for police certificates.

For proof of funds I am submitting the valuation of my property (home) in my home country. Hope this should be fine. If they need liquid cash I will have to arrange in 2-3 months time.

Any tips?

-dnataraj

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
ingegarcia said:
Hey dnataraj ..... I am going to do the same with the house I have in my home country...... :) hopefully they'll approve it as a proof of funds...
As a matter fo fact I am traveling to my home country in December to get that document and also the police certificates because I am planning to apply in January to the CIC...... I already got the FBI police certificate and I'll need to request other police certificate from Mexico. However I read that I do not have to submit the Mexican certificates with my initial application but they'll ask for them later in the process......

As for my application I am still not sure where to submit my application. There are layoffs in my company and today 1300 people got layoff. My company is expecting to continue layoffs first quarter of next year. I am not sure what to do yest because my H1b is over 7 years, it will expire in July next year, I still do not have LC approved... so I other words I am at the mercy of my company.

If I file my CIC forms in Buffalo it will take 5-6 months to get the PR , however if I am layoff I am not sure what will hapen with my application. If I do it from my home country it will take a year......

Do you guys think if I initially file my case in Buffalo, am I going to be able to move it to my home country if needed?

Any opinion I welcome !
ingegarcia,

I am sorry to know about your company situation. However, if I were you my thought process will be..

1. you will get your PNP nomination next week (I am sure looking at the time lines).
2. I will contact someone in my home country to do valuation of my home and get it here at the earliest.
3. As police certificates are not necessary at the beginning, I will apply with all other documents as soon as I get PNP
4. If I am lay-ed off I will goto my home country and inform CIC. They will transfer the application to local visa office.
5. Even in Mexico, for PNP it is not one year. It is much less. I heard maximum for Provincial nominees is six months anywhere.
7. Meanwhile, here in the US look for alternate job even if it pays less as a stop gap. And file for I-140.
8. Finally, I am not sure how it works but I will beg/barrow/ my company HR to protect me at least for six months. As you rightly said we are at their mercy.

Let me know what you feel. I think we can figure out a solution.

I want all you buddies in Alberta!!

-dnataraj

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
Hi dnataraj, I thought that the police certificates were mandatory at the time of filling the application with CIC, but I am not really familiar with the process :))

I am going to follow your advise. I am going to request the valuation of my home, birth/marriage certificates right away so I can file ASAP!!

BTW do you think I can show the 401k as an additional proof of funds? The money will be available by the time I go to Canada :)

Thank you!!!
I hope we all can meet next year in Alberta!!!

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
What I heard from my Lawyer (when I was processing FSW) that it is better NOT to include police certificates in the beginning as they have an expiry date. Looks like, for PNPs CIC will send AOR with request for Medical, Police certificates and any other documents they need.

Yes it is a better thing to get birth/marriage house evaluation asap.

I am not sure about 401k as I never had one or I don't know if I have one!!

-dnataraj

C

cchabert

When you quit your job Ingegarcia the 401 goes with you, with penalty and tax involve check this:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/401k-t11890.0.html